MIUI ROM 2.3.9 Release [ENGLISH] [MIUIAndroid.com] [Tether / Acore Fixed]

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Hi folks,

Here it is, the FULL mi-one ICS ROM 2.3.9.

I've not flashed it onto my device yet. If you are on GB mi-one still you need to be at 2.3.5K or higher which you can download from miui.com.

On 2.3.5K in Recovery there is an option to re-partition the device for ICS, you MUST do this first or the ROM may fail. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Download here: http://files.miuiandroid.com/2.3.9/miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9c.zip

MD5: 1241351e51258588dc01d70d6beacc47

Thanks Mark, this is great news. I'm expecting to take delivery of my MI-ONE on Tuesday so the timing is perfect for me.

Reactions: MarkHUK
Thanks Mark, this is great news. I'm expecting to take delivery of my MI-ONE on Tuesday so the timing is perfect for me.
I didn't get round to flash testing it, however I am going to do that right now :)

Hi folks,

Here it is, the FULL mi-one ICS ROM 2.3.9.

I've not flashed it onto my device yet. If you are on GB mi-one still you need to be at 2.3.5K or higher which you can download from miui.com.

On 2.3.5K in Recovery there is an option to re-partition the device for ICS, you MUST do this first or the ROM may fail. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Download here: http://files.miuiandroid.com/2.3.9/miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9-ICS.zip

MD5: bfb106ce5c63d8cd050734c0c49a8bff

Thanks for doing this! I should have followed your advice! It all went horribly wrong. Managed to follow recover - fastboot plus backup. ICS is looking good but I am getting a fair few FC's. I am reinstalling apps to see if that makes a difference

Thanks for doing this! I should have followed your advice! It all went horribly wrong. Managed to follow recover - fastboot plus backup. ICS is looking good but I am getting a fair few FC's. I am reinstalling apps to see if that makes a difference
Did you go from 2.3.5k? also did you use miflash? let me know the steps you took and where you are at now.

It's fixable for sure.... i'd recommend trying to flash in fastboot mode + miflash! :)

Did you go from 2.3.5k? also did you use miflash? let me know the steps you took and where you are at now.

It's fixable for sure.... i'd recommend trying to flash in fastboot mode + miflash! :)

I went from 2.3.5n I think. I bricked it first time round so I updated the partition, then went to fastboot. I used miflash and then updated. At which point I had a cup of tea. (took a while to reboot). I then restored the back up. Apps like Facebook are FC'ing. However, uninstalling and reinstalling seems to solve. Might be a permissions/phone access issue? Its not a big issue but I'm curious as to the cause.

I installed the 2.3.9 version but the launcher seems laggy. in the previous version I could disable the "quality graphics" this resolved the problem then... Now I can't find this option, any ideas?

I can't seem to change the theme. It says it has applied successfully then reverts to the stock theme. Not noticed it being laggy but agree the "quality graphics" have gone AWOL.

I can't seem to change the theme. It says it has applied successfully then reverts to the stock theme. Not noticed it being laggy but agree the "quality graphics" have gone AWOL.
The option was oddly removed from this weeks beta's.

Themes are also still very buggy on v4. It is being worked on.

I think it's beautiful! Thanks Mark! One question though, is anyone else having trouble with the camera app? It resets my device.. :(

The option was oddly removed from this weeks beta's.

Themes are also still very buggy on v4. It is being worked on.

It's not a problem. It is a development version after all. I'm just grateful you took the time to give us the opportunity. The great thing about the MI One is you can easily dual boot so it is a relatively pain free way to see how MIUI V4 ICS is progressing. If there is any particular feedback that might be useful just say :)

Hi mark, many thanks for that.
Stupid question, but after downloading miuiandroid_MIONE-2.3.9b.zip do I just rename it to update.zip, store it in the root of the sd and then update using the recovery option?

Ta
Nope,

What you do is, download to /sdcard/downloaded_rom/ the OTA folder.

Then in the Updater app, select installation package. That will open File Explorer, you can then select the file from there and it will flash while you are booted into your current ROM.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mark

Gutted! Didn't need to wipe the phone!!
Ah well, I guess it needed a spring clean! ;)

Re-flashing to 2.3.5k now then will update.

Appreciate your help!

Just out of interest, what is the Upadate.zip option in recovery for?

Many thanks

Gutted! Didn't need to wipe the phone!!
Ah well, I guess it needed a spring clean! ;)

Re-flashing to 2.3.5k now then will update.

Appreciate your help!

Just out of interest, what is the Upadate.zip option in recovery for?

Many thanks
Just another means for recovery :)

If you already partitioned the phone for ICS you dont need to do it again, its a one way thing :)

Thanks!
Currently sitting on the M1 splash screen. Fingers crossed! Bluebird says it takes a while!

Cheers Mark

I flashed it to check before uploading and it booted fine for me.

Nah, still won't boot! Must just be me!:(

Just in case, am I'm missing something:
- Using MiFlash and Brush tool image to flash back to 2.3.5k
- Reboot in 2.3.5k
- Use Updater app to install miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9c.zip zip file
- Reboot

Just seems to hang?

Sorry about this, anything else I can do?

Many thanks!

You've missed a massive component, did you upgrade your system partitions in mi-recovery yet?