MIUI ROM 2.3.9 Release [ENGLISH] [MIUIAndroid.com] [Tether / Acore Fixed]

Sounds good Mark.
I'm wondering if you can point me to the latest stable English Android 2.3.x ROM for MI-ONE.
I'm having quite a lot of crashes and apps not running with 2.3.9c and am thinking about rolling back until ICS is a bit more stable.
Cheers

Thanks Mark - what an improvement! Don't know what you did but it appears to be a different ROM entirely. Well done and get some sleep.
thanks :) glad its working good now for you. I made sure to test it.

I am aware of notes FC and I will upload a Notes.apk to fix it soon.

Just thought of 1 other thing:
In the original ROM there was a setting to customize LED behaviour. Could that be added in?

Amazing looks great and everything is working perfectly so far. What a blessing for us that you chose an MI-ONE. Thanks for all your work I'll post here if I find any other issues.

Might be an idea to add the step about updating file system to your step by step instructions in the other post in case anyone is following them to update from android 2.x.
was given a mi-one by Xiaomi as a gift, seems only right to support it on our site. I believe we are the only site actively supporting its English development and fixes etc.

Just thought of 1 other thing:
In the original ROM there was a setting to customize LED behaviour. Could that be added in?
which rom was it in? i'll try and look into it for next time.

Bluetooth tethering may have problems.
It turns on OK and I can connect to the apn from Win7 x64 but I don't get an internet connection on the tethered PC despite the phone having an active working data connection. It seems like the phone's dhcp server may not be assigning IP/DNS settings correctly.
USB tethering is working fine.
I've only tried this on Windows PCs so far, might get a different result on other devices.
It's also possible that I'm not doing it right.

There are some Chinese characters on the lock screen in the date under the clock and above the lock icon when charging.
Very minor issue obviously.

Also the date under the clock on the home screen doesn't follow the date format pref's in settings.

So today mine shows "SUN 3-18", in settings I have date format set to dd/mm, so it should be displaying "SUN 18-3"

There are some Chinese characters on the lock screen in the date under the clock and above the lock icon when charging.
Very minor issue obviously.

Also the date under the clock on the home screen doesn't follow the date format pref's in settings.

So today mine shows "SUN 3-18", in settings I have date format set to dd/mm, so it should be displaying "SUN 18-3"
did you flash our V4 lock? or is it the one which came with the ROM?

did you flash our V4 lock? or is it the one which came with the ROM?
It's the one that came with the ROM. I'm not aware of the v4 lock(till now).

EDIT: Just installed the v4 lock and that's fixed the issue. Thanks Mark.

Hi Mark, this won't install for me, even after force uninstalling the original version using Titanium Backup.
I get "Application not installed".
use adb to push the apk to the system/app folder.

Ah, OK got it.
I didn't know how to do that but I've researched it and got it to work. I'm slowly learning little bits and pieces about how this all works.
Thanks for the fix and advice.

I'm using MI-Recovery v1.1.0 and my firmware is 2.3.5k, how should I install this ROM?
I've read the whole thread but it so confusing... Should I just follow Bala's tutorial?
Please help, thanks.

I'm using MI-Recovery v1.1.0 and my firmware is 2.3.5k, how should I install this ROM?
I've read the whole thread but it so confusing... Should I just follow Bala's tutorial?
Please help, thanks.
Update system partitions for your device using mi-recovery

This will also update you to mi-recovery 2.0

Once you've updated the partitions make sure you have backups of your data. Then you need to wipe cache and data. Reboot again into recovery and check recovery version, then proceed to flash the update.zip from the link in the latest roms section under the news forum.

Job done.

Update system partitions for your device using mi-recovery

This will also update you to mi-recovery 2.0

Once you've updated the partitions make sure you have backups of your data. Then you need to wipe cache and data. Reboot again into recovery and check recovery version, then proceed to flash the update.zip from the link in the latest roms section under the news forum.

Job done.
I've followed the exact steps but after the update my screen just hangs on the MIUI logo, I have waited 15 minutes but nothing has happened... Please help? :(