MIUI ROM 2.7.27 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multilang packages will be released at weekend... or full ROMs..?

thank you for the update - install complete of 2.7.27

2012-07-27 14.07.18.png2012-07-27 14.07.22.png2012-07-27 14.07.24.png

Apologies for sounding noobie. I tried to install on my S3 but CWM said the rom wasnt for my phone.

I used miuiandroid_m0-2.7.27.zip (Samsung Galaxy S3)

Not contributing with bug reports or anything, just wanted to sing the same old song, that I keep singing week, after week, after week....

YOU GUYS DO AN AMAZING JOB!

My phone would not be as awesome without your continuous hard work. Not to mention the fact that you're doing this pro-bono.

Thank you!

Reactions: Bassem and c0d3x42
Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 2861): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 2861): java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.android.camera.debug.ThreadMonitor

One damn strange error. We don't decompile Camera.apk so we didn't touch the structure and we don't delete and LIBs. Did you confirm MD5 on flash?
MIUI did bullshit with the cam... here is the fixed version i did: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15361385/Apps/Camera.apk
install via adb:
adb remount
adb push Camera.apk /system/app

I am running on LT15i using ArcKnight kernel OC 1200. Initial impressions after update are good, performance again seems improved (see how it is in a few days). Been using MIUI as my daily ROM for a little while and is very stable (for me).

Only issues I have found so far is no cloud storage options in gallery, and location using just 3G connection not as accurate as 2.7.20, but WF-FI and GPS bang on.

lovin' the boot screen, good to be reminded how much effort goes into this, and all other ROMS.

TO EVERYONE WHO IS DECOMPILING.
Xiaomi, (The Company that makes MIUI). Made HUGE changes to the structure of MIUI. You cannot decompile or modify it unless you use Linux and have this aapt: https://github.com/MiCode/patchrom_tools/blob/ics/aapt

and this apktool.jar: https://github.com/MiCode/patchrom_tools/blob/ics/apktool.jar

I want you to use my apktool v1.4.9, but its not released yet.

There is NO Windows (aapt.exe) yet. So that means there is no windows support.

Does not support windows?

Still have the notification problem on Whatsapp on SGSIII. Hopefully it will be fixed on the next release.

hello

Does the galaxy s i9000 have the official support from miui? Then why never release a new version as other devices on the first post?

Why is it that even though the rom for the sgs 2 os based off Samsung's own roms, each release of the MIUI V4 rom consumes a ton of memory, I mean with the latest 4.0.3 rom from Samsung I could open 10 apps and the rom would never use more than 570mb of memory, but with MIUI if I do that the rom goes up to 800 and even more.
Are they planning to optimize this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Nizaam
The best experience with miui i had with the last GB version...since then, always had to do simple tricks or important fixes to make things working. As the previous version, 2.7.20, the last one has the same bugs...and i will explain..
After a clean installation of MIUI the SD card cannot be mounted ,giving the message SD card storage blank or unsuported file system format...i did a full FAT32 format on a PC but this lasts only until i restart my phone...i cannot mont SD card.I installed Titanium back-up, an old version just to restore Lucky patcher from my backup directory...unistall this old version, but when i try to install the new version of Titanium, surprise!!! "Not enough storage space " !!!!! I deleted cache, delete Dalvik, fix permissions...same error...deleted the folder keramid from external SD card ...nothing new happend.And one more thing...even if the Titanium back-up folder is on internal SD card, if u have a damaged external SD card you get the error "Titanium cannot acces the backup folder" ...u have to remove first the external SD card in order to make Titanium to work.....what is this mixed-up thing with the internal and external SD card?
Then...when u check the battery life and click the graphic trend, u get a list with the general processes names and the percentage of the battery used by each of them...when u click on the Android system, one more window is popping-up with the "More option" button...and if u click this button...surprise again...force close...great....
I switched back to Wanamlite ROM...and i finnaly my mind is at peace...everything is back to normal...my SD card is good now...the filesystem format is ok for this ROM...the options are there without force close...wireless and GSM signal are great..what else u want me to say? that even internal and external storage are in the right place? for the LBE guard embedded in MIUI i can say that the downloaded version from the market is doing great job...the SU from the market is working perfectly...so...for what bother to include this extra features if the basic ones are not working properly? Do I have to be amazed by the interface? No way...as long as I hate iPhones...first thing that i did was to replace the launcher with Go launcher...did u ever thing to embed this one in ur ROM?
Did i missed something? do we have to learn Linux or Java to decompile and recompile our own MIUI version or to fix those errors???

I am sorry for being angry...but i had great expectations for this rom...and now i am dissapointed

You guys...from MIUI or from whatever other group are telling that u dont have an SGS2 to test this ROMS? tell me what to do and i will test for you the ROM...but fix the things that are wrong...

Reactions: genothomas
Status
Not open for further replies.