MIUI ROM 2.8.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you will, but you can root again. Don't worry about that. A phone without data is worse.

You guys are funny, I have to give you that.
After ranting all weekend with the uploads and rebuilds and what not, I decided today that I would give it one more shot.
I did a clean on my phone. Installed a stock Samsung ICS rom (UHLPS if you must know), rooted and then 2.8.10.
To my surprise, on the homescreens I had a Tools folder and a new Security Centre folder. Funny, now I have two Guard Icons, two LBE icons, Two Monitor Icons and two Backup icons.
What the hell Am I supposed to do to clean this mess???????

If you restore back to default theme, does this fix the problem?

What do you mean if I restore back to default theme??
I am on default theme. I was when I took that screenshot and I am now.
I have tried other themes (Black Town 7.3, Blackandroid from Pele...) but there are two icons of each you see on that pic.
It happened after the second release of 2.8.10 and they're still there after the multi from today.

edit. Besides, what does flashing a theme have to do with the fact that the rom has two icons of some apps?? They are there when you first boot the phone after the install, they'll be there no matter what you do next.

HELP !!.. ITS NOT WORK IN MY INCREDIBLE S ..AFTER FLASH IT'S STAY ON "HTC" ..THEN AUTO COME BACK TO RECOVERY ..SORY MY BAD ENG

I'm tried but it still not work too ..i'm fixed permision before and after flash but useless

Battery life pretty much sucks if you're a heavy user. It is 4.03 and you won't get more than (at best) 2 hours of screen time.
But this is a known issue (usually denied) and the rom eats memory (which is also a known issue)
Only time will tell how long it will take MIUI to address this issues and/or how long till they move base to 4.0.4 which is already official in China.

Back on 2.7.13. Not as smooth as 2.8.10 but everything is working fine. Batt life is good, nice UI, etc etc. Hope that u can fix the 3G bug soon so i can update . Cheers and keep up the good work :)

Hey guys I did not want to post this in the PROPER forum because it will get overlooked. So I am posting here. I want to know why when I set the phone to Chinese I can see the state and city where the caller is from but when I set it to English I just get CHINA. I liked it in GB so I used to set it to english but I still could see the state and city in CHINESE. I am attaching a picture of what I want. Is there a way for me to set this up while having the phone in english?? or is this feature only available to the phone in CHINESE? There must be a way to get the location or to fool the phone into thinking its in chinese. ANY IDEAS? You see GUANGZHOU in GUANGDONG province is where I live. So I want the chinese characters to show up when the phone is in english. 广东广州

WHY-1.png

Hey guys I did not want to post this in the PROPER forum because it will get overlooked. So I am posting here. I want to know why when I set the phone to Chinese I can see the state and city where the caller is from but when I set it to English I just get CHINA. I liked it in GB so I used to set it to english but I still could see the state and city in CHINESE. I am attaching a picture of what I want. Is there a way for me to set this up while having the phone in english?? or is this feature only available to the phone in CHINESE? There must be a way to get the location or to fool the phone into thinking its in chinese. ANY IDEAS? You see GUANGZHOU in GUANGDONG province is where I live. So I want the chinese characters to show up when the phone is in english. 广东广州

WHY-1.png

framework-miui-res.apk is not translated in the last build... so in the next release it should be ok...

I had fixed boot loop error ..just. changed "boot.img" file in this rom by "boot.img" file in another rom . and everything work perfect not stuck in "htc" anymore

so does the nexus s work with a nexus s 4g ? or do i have to wait till its released ?

The download is for the crespo. The Nexus 4G (crespo4g) has its own subforum since its not an official model supported by Xiaomi.

Sorry, did not wish to create a new thread for a minor query, but any idea about the 2.8.17 build?

We just received 2.8.16 today. Will look into it.

I'd have to back to 2.8.3. Sony LT26i. Kernel ICS Advanced Stock 11 by Arakmar.
Flash ROM ok.
Wipe Dalvik cache ok
Fix permission ok
Application optimizing ok
... then boot loop after login to lock screen. Everytime it goes into lock screen >>> phone restart.
I've tried to flash rom again and again but it didn't help.

Hi There,

Want to install MIUI 2.8.10 in my HUAWEI HONOR 8860, just finished download the
miuiandroid_hwu8860-2.8.10.zip,

Here are my questions:
1. Is this support english language for PHILIPPINES?
2. Is this support our TELCOs?
3. Can you send guidelines on the installation from GINGERBREAD TO ICS.

Thanks in advance.

RAm

Status
Not open for further replies.