MIUI ROM 2.8.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having some serious issues here on a Samsung Galaxy S2, since some 2.6 version from which I upgraded:
- Lag on the lock screen;
- The battery is drained very quickly. It's drained 3x already now with an average of 6 - 8 hours while it used to be 20 - 24 hours. The phone also constantly feels incredibly hot. I've checked the CPU usage which is 0 - 5%;
- The entire phone crashes randomly sometimes when accessing "Google Play".

Any ideas anyone?

The kernel I'm using is Siyah 4.0.1 which didn't cause issues in the previous versions.

Things I've tried so far:
- Factory Reset
- Fix Permissions
- Wiping the "Dalvik Cache"

hmm. about lag on lock screen i also facing the same problem too.

but on battery drain, i don't know if using build in kernel cause i always using siyah. current using siyah 4.1 beta3 and everything working fine also got a good battery life.

There is definitely an issue with the new LBE Guard app, you get an FC when something requests root. Specific error is "java.util.IllegalFormatConversionException: %d can't format java.lang.String arguments". I guess this is a 2.8.10 issue. Since I port it to the Xperia Play, I just used an older LBE Guard to get it working well. I used these files from 2.7.27:

/system/lib/liblbesec.so
/system/app/LBESEC_MIUI.apk

Reactions: BigRex
There is definitely an issue with the new LBE Guard app, you get an FC when something requests root. Specific error is "java.util.IllegalFormatConversionException: %d can't format java.lang.String arguments". I guess this is a 2.8.10 issue. Since I port it to the Xperia Play, I just used an older LBE Guard to get it working well. I used these files from 2.7.27:

/system/lib/liblbesec.so

Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

I could not change the fonts yet, how could I change it? in the past the ROM has this ability but it has gone :-(

/system/lib/liblbesec.so
Not necessary to put this library file. Read the log. It says that FC is caused by a typo. It shoud be %s instead of %d. Its a translation issue. The app needs to be decompiled, changed faulty string in res/values/string.xml and compiled back.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus S

Not necessary to put this library file. Read the log. It says that FC is caused by a typo. It shoud be %s instead of %d. Its a translation issue. The app needs to be decompiled, changed faulty string in res/values/string.xml and compiled back.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus S
The string was changed yesterday, not sure if any of our team rebuilt the ROM, I was AFK yesterday with family.

On my S2, I"m having trouble with keyboards.

I installed Perfect Keyboard and Smart Keyboard. I notice that there is a long delay before which ever one I have enabled comes up in Notes, for instance. Sometimes it seems to go away and not come back. I didn't have this problem in the earlier version I was using. I don't know if it is due to conflicts with other apps (such as Go apps - Go keyboard is disabled). I chose Perfect keyboard for the arrows at the bottom, but they vanished at one point - or the keyboard was replaced.

Sorry I'm not experienced enough to have more of a sense of what is going on here. If anyone else has had a similar problem, please let me know.

Show me what in your opinion looks awful please.

Sory didn't reply early but Sunday was family busy day.
For starters, the lookscreen looks like it's moving at 15fps, it's like watching a powerpoint presentation, if you can picture it.
It's not as responsive as it was and it sometimes misses the touches, you click on the lock and when you move it, it's like it slips and goes back to center.

And the homescreen... use 4 or more screens, put the big music widget in one, a 2*4 fancywidgets clock/weather in the other, the search and some folders in other and fill the last one or two with dinamic widgets like the APW timeline or the facebook widget. Ad some transition to go from screen to screen and watch it lag and redraw whenever you scroll.
It's not 60fps like MIUI advertises, it's more like 30 at best.
It's really noticeable.

The reading mode in the browser doesn't work and never has for me on my SGS II, not ever after clean installs. And so on.
Besides, you can barely get 2 hours of screen time with the battery and it eats up memory as you open apps never to release, unless you do it manually which of course means you have to kill apps. It really gets slow after a day of use.

It's been said before but with the last 2 weekly updates it got worse.

I have NO VOICE INPUT symbol on keyboard.... voice serach is instaled on my phone... but no mic symbol on keyboard... fix?
Phone GNEX and 2.8.10 ROM

I will say this once more and only once more.

Boot loop issue on 2.8.10 is solved by going into Recovery and selecting to Fix Permissions.

thanks,

Mark

Indeed, after getting frustrated with the new setup I had, I decided to wipe the new data and restore only the data from the backup I made before updating. Interestingly, everything returned and I even got my call history back.

Upon seeing the auto-boot, I selected Fix Permissions, and the boot problem went away. ;-)

Oh, one more thing that I forgot.
I have always used Facebook Contact Sync to get my Face contacts in the phone with pictures (HD 720*720) you do that in the latest update and see if you can scroll the list.... 401 contacts I have and, OH MY GOD does it lag!!!
I have to pull the navigation bar or select the letter of the contact I'm looking for cause otherwise It starts to studder all the way down (or up) the list, that's how bad it is.
And it takes it ages to display the pics.

You guys are funny, I have to give you that.
After ranting all weekend with the uploads and rebuilds and what not, I decided today that I would give it one more shot.
I did a clean on my phone. Installed a stock Samsung ICS rom (UHLPS if you must know), rooted and then 2.8.10.
To my surprise, on the homescreens I had a Tools folder and a new Security Centre folder. Funny, now I have two Guard Icons, two LBE icons, Two Monitor Icons and two Backup icons.
What the hell Am I supposed to do to clean this mess???????
Screenshot_2012-08-13-15-04-51.png

Reactions: Zcythe Lim
After ranting all weekend with the uploads and rebuilds and what not, I decided today that I would give it one more shot.
I did a clean on my phone. Installed a stock Samsung ICS rom (UHLPS if you must know), rooted and then 2.8.10.
To my surprise, on the homescreens I had a Tools folder and a new Security Centre folder. Funny, now I have two Guard Icons, two LBE icons, Two Monitor Icons and two Backup icons.
View attachment 4288

Use an older version of MIUI?

Yeah
Use an older version of MIUI?

naaa, it was rhetorical. Just thought I share it so they know the problem is there. And it is a problem because MIUI Launcher doesn't have an app drawer so you can't just remove one of each icon. Every time you try it says "cant uninstall a system app" so, you're stuck with two of each, till next Friday, hopefully.

Reactions: Zcythe Lim
Yeah

naaa, it was rhetorical. Just thought I share it so they know the problem is there. And it is a problem because MIUI Launcher doesn't have an app drawer so you can't just remove one of each icon. Every time you try it says "cant uninstall a system app" so, you're stuck with two of each, till next Friday, hopefully.

Give cMiui a try

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone having problem on SGSIII with wifi? I have two different wifi network around the house. When one doesn't connect automatically but the other one connects by itself. Is there any solution for it. Please let me know. Thank you

View attachment 4288

:D

Reactions: Pele
@MasterTB

The issue with the icons is very odd, not seen that one before! can any of the icons be removed?

@MasterTB

The issue with the icons is very odd, not seen that one before! can any of the icons be removed?

Nop, as I said on my post, I just get a "cant remove system app" kind of message. I just put those in a folder and forgot about it.
Hopefully next friday they'll just go away....
Still most of the rom's issues are present. LBE guard is NOT granting root, the lockscreen lags, I can't manage to sync big pictures from Contact Sync on Facebook and others.
I figure there's something wrong in the build but I kinda got tired of flashing back and forth, besides I need my phone and since everything else is working fine I'm not going to make a big deal out of this.
Not sure I can be of much help that's why I posted the screenshot, I though no one would believe me without it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.