MIUI ROM 2.8.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I get when trying to download;

Not Found
The requested URL /2.8.10/miuiandroid_GT-I9100-2.8.10.zip was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at files.miuiandroid.com Port 80

Guess the mirror it's not fully updated...

This is what I get when trying to download;

Not Found
The requested URL /2.8.10/miuiandroid_GT-I9100-2.8.10.zip was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at files.miuiandroid.com Port 80

Guess the mirror it's not fully updated...

That one mirror always has a damn problem. Uploading to it now.

Please excuse another n00b question, but I want to be sure I understand that a full data wipe means losing all call/contact/sms stuff. I did a backup prior to upgrading to 2.8.10, but I haven't tried restoring data from a backup yet. Makes me nervous. LOL

Oh, a couple more things:

If I need to go back to an earlier version, does it work like an update, or do I need to go back to ICS first? I also wonder if I can get my data from the MIUI backups if I uninstall it. Sorry if this information is elsewhere in the forum.

The previous version I have is a few months old, and crashed a lot. Can anyone suggest a good stable version and where/how to download it?

Please excuse another n00b question, but I want to be sure I understand that a full data wipe means losing all call/contact/sms stuff. I did a backup prior to upgrading to 2.8.10, but I haven't tried restoring data from a backup yet. Makes me nervous. LOL

Oh, a couple more things:

If I need to go back to an earlier version, does it work like an update, or do I need to go back to ICS first? I also wonder if I can get my data from the MIUI backups if I uninstall it. Sorry if this information is elsewhere in the forum.

The previous version I have is a few months old, and crashed a lot. Can anyone suggest a good stable version and where/how to download it?

OK, we have found the issue and are working on a solution which shouldnt take long.

If you can stay on version 2.8.3 for a while until we update the community would be great and once everything is sorted we will make an announcement.

Regards

Reactions: Zcythe Lim
Is 2.8.3 available for download? I haven't been able to find it.

And I still need to be sure how to go back to an earlier version.

I think roms are offline for now until we fix the issue. what rom version are you on atm ?

I figured out that restoring some system data via MIUI Backup brings back bootlooping.
I full wiped system/data/cache/dalvik and installed 2.8.10 from yesterday. It works. Restoring apps works. After restores I did manual reboots to checks it problem occurs. But then when restoring system settings, root settings and desktop layout - problem returned.

Maybe its because this new apps and desktop layout with this grouped Security apps.?

I figured out that restoring some system data via MIUI Backup brings back bootlooping.
I full wiped system/data/cache/dalvik and installed 2.8.10 from yesterday. It works. Restoring apps works. After restores I did manual reboots to checks it problem occurs. But then when restoring system settings, root settings and desktop layout - problem returned.

Maybe its because this new apps and desktop layout with this grouped Security apps.?

Hi bartek bear with us, its something more than that, just discussing it now with connor to try and push through a solution. And hope it works :mad:

Ofcourse ;)
It's a shame that I'm on one week holidays and I'm off from broadband internet at least until end of weekend, so can't test newest builds ;/

Pele,
> I think roms are offline for now until we fix the issue. what rom version are you on atm ?

Right now I can't think what you mean by "atm". I had March 2012 build before. But the note above (thanks, Zcythe and iBotPeache) points me to 2.8.3, which I can try.

Zcythe Lim,
> I just downgrade my 2.8.10 MIUI to 2.8.3 MIUI today, I didn't do any full wipe, I just flash it via cwm
Looks like I can do the same, then!

But it sounds like it is worth a few hours wait to see if a fixed 2.8.10 will be a better choice, though.

Is there any good reason to download this week's release for sgs2? Has it fixed any bugs?
Nope :-( All the bugs from previous release are still present. Have a feeling it is geting worse and worse. Sometimes I think they do not test releases properly even there are many complains concerning bugs on s2/s3 - still new and new features but no bugfixing. For me it is more important to have stable rom than have a rom full of unusefull stuff with lot of bugs. Hope guys fix it soon, anyway, I still appreciate their work.

change string
<string name="HIPS_SecurityPrompt_ROOT_Step1">Do you wish to allow %1$
s
to get ROOT permission?</string>

<string name="HIPS_SecurityPrompt_ROOT_Step1">Do you wish to allow %1$
d
to get ROOT permission?</string>

was not good idea... causing FC of LBE... goes back to "s" and all works OK...

HkMNj.png

Reactions: LoLaTiOn
Why is the lockscreen and the launcher so choppy??
Transitions look awefull when you put widgets on your homescreen, everything gets redrawn and laggy.
And the lockscreen is a mess. Not to mention that you're forced to use a wallpaper because there is no transparency anymore.
Love MIUI but this update is messing up my chi :cool:

Reactions: Nizaam
the link of miui 2.8.3 for saga is not working.
i need it , any one can give me an other link of 2.8.3 for saga (desire s) please.

i installed this rom but it is stuck at the mi logo ........... I'm using siyah kernel 3.5.2 and i installed it as the secondary rom in using the dual boot option present in this kernel ......... can any one plz help me....... (for additional info. i wiped the cache/data and the dalvic cache before flashing this rom)

i installed this rom but it is stuck at the mi logo ........... I'm using siyah kernel 3.5.2 and i installed it as the secondary rom in using the dual boot option present in this kernel ......... can any one plz help me....... (for additional info. i wiped the cache/data and the dalvic cache before flashing this rom)
i also tried fixing the permissions but without any success....

Hey all. Since my phone was in reboot mode, there was no way to connect to my computer long enough to copy a zip to it.

I'm looking at two major problems/learning opportunities here.

1. After following the tutorial for wiping cache and Dalvik (only) selecting any ROM I have does not fix my reboot problem.

I tried reverting to earlier roms that I have on my cards (2.8.3 stable and 2.8.9). The reboot problem persists.

2. How can I copy anything to my phone cards without being in MIUI - since it won't stay up long enough to connect to the computer.

Related to 1 seems to be that my Windows 7 system seems to have lost the drivers (or the phone won't mount - maybe because of the reboot problem. It's also interesting that when the phone is up, the MIUI System tool has disappeared, so verifying the MIUI version is not as intuitive for me. I guess there is another way to do it, but I don't know yet.

Any suggestions? Do I need t wipe all data - I assume that means losing my call history, contacts and SMS (hopefully recovering them later). Would that make any difference?

Hey all. Since my phone was in reboot mode, there was no way to connect to my computer long enough to copy a zip to it.

I'm looking at two major problems/learning opportunities here.

1. After following the tutorial for wiping cache and Dalvik (only) selecting any ROM I have does not fix my reboot problem.

I tried reverting to earlier roms that I have on my cards (2.8.3 stable and 2.8.9). The reboot problem persists.

2. How can I copy anything to my phone cards without being in MIUI - since it won't stay up long enough to connect to the computer.

Related to 1 seems to be that my Windows 7 system seems to have lost the drivers (or the phone won't mount - maybe because of the reboot problem. It's also interesting that when the phone is up, the MIUI System tool has disappeared, so verifying the MIUI version is not as intuitive for me. I guess there is another way to do it, but I don't know yet.

Any suggestions? Do I need t wipe all data - I assume that means losing my call history, contacts and SMS (hopefully recovering them later). Would that make any difference?
If you go into recovery mode where you flash your ROM. Go to the option that says mounts and storage and after selecting that you will see at the bottom a option mount USB storage which will mount your phone on the computer. If it is not mounting then the problem could be recovery related. Then just flash a kernel that has a different recovery and try the same.

If you go into recovery mode where you flash your ROM. Go to the option that says mounts and storage and after selecting that you will see at the bottom a option mount USB storage which will mount your phone on the computer. If it is not mounting then the problem could be recovery related. Then just flash a kernel that has a different recovery and try the same.

Thanks for that suggestion. I got help via chat to wipe my data, which I did and the loaded an earlier rom. Supposedly my data was the cause of my reboot problem, so restoring it might bring that issue back again.

I have 2.8.3 ready to be loaded, but I'm waiting to see if 2.8.10 issues discussed above are fixed in a rebuild.

Hi bartek bear with us, its something more than that, just discussing it now with connor to try and push through a solution. And hope it works :mad:

Will 2.8.10 get another build in the next few hours or should people with difficulty go to an earlier build till next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.