MIUI ROM 2.8.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.miui.ch/miui-weather/
here u got 3 apps for america, us and europe, from what ive tested only setting up polish cities results with FC. btw the app puts second widget at the end of the widget list, the one originaly implemented wont work, they both look the same tho, just for different versions of app.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW my i9100 loops with this ROM after short while. idk how to post a logcat tho

Tq....anyway all apk files wont work in my country (malaysia).....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Is there any good reason to download this week's release for sgs2? Has it fixed any bugs?

Evo 3D:

Horrible battery drain in previous ROM. Is this fixed now?
Also, there's no way to disable the auto correction and all that crap that has anything to do with it when using stock keyboard.

Installed 2.8.10 today from 2.5.18, following the "How to upgrade/update MIUI?" tutorial.

My S2 now seems to be in a reboot loop. I understand I can get back to the recovery interface, but what do I do from there?

I see notes about wiping "after" - I did it before, according to the tutorial. Should I load the zip again?

Or find an earlier build? What's the most stable reasonably current build anyway?

Hi guys

Succesfully updated on my Huawei Honor, waiting for spanish pack to complete instalation.

Bootloop issues can be corrected by formatted data/cache, wiping dalvik and then flashing 2.8.10.

There was some considerable changes to the ROM which means you have to clear everything and work from a new slate. This happens occasionally and there is no way round it.

We've checked the XML and other things and do not see any bugs there. The method above leads to a successful boot of 2.8.10

Thanks,

Mark

Reactions: gfandrea
Seems to be a weird bug:

1. If you are on 2.8.5 and flash 2.8.10 without a wipe of data / cache and dalvik it boot loops
2. If you clean data / cache and dalvik from 2.8.5 and then clean install 2.8.10 it works and gets the correct lock screen
3. If you then for some reason flash 2.8.10 over the top of 2.8.10 the lockscreen MIUI v4 is lost and the original 2.3 style one is replaced.

Seems this bug is something we're going to need to report.

Anyone else confirm the above so we can file this as a urgent issue?

Seems to be a weird bug:

1. If you are on 2.8.5 and flash 2.8.10 without a wipe of data / cache and dalvik it boot loops
2. If you clean data / cache and dalvik from 2.8.5 and then clean install 2.8.10 it works and gets the correct lock screen
3. If you then for some reason flash 2.8.10 over the top of 2.8.10 the lockscreen MIUI v4 is lost and the original 2.3 style one is replaced.

Seems this bug is something we're going to need to report.

Anyone else confirm the above so we can file this as a urgent issue?

I had 2.7.13 before this I think. I did all wipes necessary (wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format/system etc), installed 2.8.10 and I have the lockscreen issue.

Half of the rom went back to Chinese language. (Evo3D)

Previous rom dis not have this and was mostly in English. Is there a way to solve this?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

Half of the rom went back to Chinese language. (Evo3D)

Previous rom dis not have this and was mostly in English. Is there a way to solve this?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2
did u full wipe? if so check input language is English UK or US

I am rebuilding .10 without our modded lockscreen code, we'll see how it pans out.

It will require a FULL wipe to get back on track!

I am rebuilding .10 without our modded lockscreen code, we'll see how it pans out.

Its not caused by new Variety framework...?

I'am coming from 2.8.3 and did full wipe data/cache/dalvik cache, format cache/data/system and then flashed 2.8.10 and still got the lockscreen issues (old lockscreen)....weird...sigh...

Omg... Must wipe ahh??? Currently using the 1st version of .10 miui rom, also have to wipe?

I'am coming from 2.8.3 and did full wipe data/cache/dalvik cache, format cache/data/system and then flashed 2.8.10 and still got the lockscreen issues (old lockscreen)....weird...sigh...

It will be solved shortly, got 5 roms built out of 16 :)

I recommend you all go back to previous build, 2.8.3 or whichever before 2.8.10 and wait for the new updates

Thanks for fast reply, a noob question here, how to revert to previous rom >_<
Too excited to update the rom and forgot to back up...
Can I just flash back the old 2.8.3 rom? Without need to wipe??

Flashed back 2.8.3, bug-free for me, super smooth lockscreen. Decide stick back to 2.8.3 and wait until Miui rom is stable

Sorry, but i am on 2.8.10 updated for Maguro and everything goes perfect. Do i revert to.2.8.3 or full wipe for new hotfix?

Status
Not open for further replies.