MIUI ROM 2.8.17 ICS & JellyBean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

i am running 2.8.17 on a nexus s. back when i had my sgs2 i really liked the lockscreen player interface. but on the nexus s, the interface is really laggy. inputs are recognized like 2 seconds after they have been made. is this a nexus s performance issue?

@ece
dont think its a bug because miui does detect my old pics in dcim. same goes for music.
thanks for the confirmation.. I will try to reflash it again

Hi,

Does miui rom 2.8.17 solve (like cyanogen 10 rom example...) default law volume speaker of galaxy nexus?
Which Kernel it use ?

Sorry for OT, I have tried to ask into the forum but nothing ... Please anybody so kind to reply ? Is very important, I don't know Miui rom very well... Thanks a lot

Hi,

Does miui rom 2.8.17 solve (like cyanogen 10 rom example...) default law volume speaker of galaxy nexus?
Which Kernel it use ?

Sorry for OT, I have tried to ask into the forum but nothing ... Please anybody so kind to reply ? Is very important, I don't know Miui rom very well... Thanks a lot

Please be more specific for what you are asking..

Hi orky87, sorry for my English, is too bad, I'm Italian.
I try to explain better...
Speaker volume of galaxy Nexus is very low (insufficient). When I used Ice cream 4.0.x I've solved this problem by "volume+" application downloaded from google play, but with Jelly Bean this application doesn't work.

Cyanogen10 rom has finally solved this drawback, I need to know if also MIUI ROM like Cyanogen allows to increase the volume to maximum.

Must I install any alternative kernel ?

Thanks for Your help :)

Anyone else having problems connecting to a WPA-PSK protected WiFi network? Just flashed maguro JB 2.8.17. When I select the Security type in WiFi Settings, the extra box that allows for the passcode does not show up. Came from another JB ROM, but still did a full wipe. Thanks in advance.
Same problem here.

nexus s bug - browser crashes which quick controls are activated
- custom ringtone doesnt work

where can i report nexus s bugs so that they can be resolved ?

Reactions: hiphopboy
can believe the battery life on this rom, wow .. on the nexus s

dint use the phone much as was out with my gf all day :p
but was amazed how long my phone lasted and still its not only stand by time i got 2hrs 30 mins screen time too and 2hrs 30mins of voice calls

kernel - marmite 4.2 smartassv2/deadline

i just upgraded to 8.17 and i love it !!! very smooth very simple... cant stop loving miui !
can wait for the jelly beans feature on top of this excellent rom !!!!!

GT-I9100-user 4.0.3 IML74K ZSLPG release-keys

Hey Guys, I think there are 2 bugs on galaxy nexus
1. Adjusting focus in camera (tapping on the screen in the camera app) causes a force close
2. On screen buttons are adjustable, but when changing from portrait to landscape buttons are not in de right order (the changes in portrait aren't shown in landscape).

Further a request for the auto brightness: I feel its often too low especially when there is little environment light. On the GB versions this could be changed (cyanogenmod feature), but that feature is not in the ICS/JB roms.
Is it possible for the MIUI team to tweak the auto brightness?

Edit: Im on the latest version (with language pack, but these issues also occur on the normal version)

in my nexus s i don't have the bugs of ringtones or gallery, they work perfectly, but i notice that every times that i reboot my phone the settings of miui music are cancelled a i have to rechange it....ah and i have the problem of browser, but i paste it with google chorme, so for me it's not a problem =) sorry for my english, but i'm italian

Hi, since I moved on to the SGS III, can anyone tell me if Smartstay is in this rom?
And/or if any other custom Samsung thing is included??
Just had this for over a week and would like some feedback before I start flashing things.
(guarantee and stuff... want to make sure there's nothing wrong with the phone son I don't have to regret anything later)

It really helps if you report bugs in the Bug forum and then provide logcats and what not. Reporting everything in the release thread is bound to be ignored/lost.

I am going to wait until it's more stable. I stick with CM10 nightlies for now

Is MIUI Jelly Bean official? I thought they skipped JB ?

I bought a Nexus because MIUI is too slow on Nexus S.

Mark and iBot feel free to contact me if you want my kernel for the Google Nexus. I can make a custom kernel if you want and compile it specially for Google Nexus MIUI JB and ICS as well

If you are interested send me a mail @ hendrickx.jonas.pvt@gmail.com
My kernel has always been rock stable

Reactions: MarkHUK
Thank you guys so much for such an awesome ROM, I have only two request if it's not much to ask... first, Spanish language please, and second, taking on an account MIUI Roms are known for his customizability (thats not even a word i think) can we be able to change beetwen diferents transition animations?? I miss the ICS animations.... Thanks!!!! And Great Job

I am going to wait until it's more stable. I stick with CM10 nightlies for now

Is MIUI Jelly Bean official? I thought they skipped JB ?

I bought a Nexus because MIUI is too slow on Nexus S.

Mark and iBot feel free to contact me if you want my kernel for the Google Nexus. I can make a custom kernel if you want and compile it specially for Google Nexus MIUI JB and ICS as well

If you are interested send me a mail @ hendrickx.jonas.pvt@gmail.com
My kernel has always been rock stable
Will be sure to get in touch soon :) JB ROMs are official and not skipped. MIUI is significantly improved on JellyBean

Reactions: ece
I like the new MIUI JB for toro.. but a couple of comments / suggestions:

1) I had to flash a new gapps to get google network based location working..

2) I miss stock JB task switcher.. any chance we will see app previews in the MIUI JB task switcher? I would also like the option to return it to horizontal scrolling, and also see smoother swipe actions in the task switcher.

Otherwise, great work! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.