Preview MIUI ROM 2.9.14 Changelog preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
As mentioned last week, a relatively large number of updates are due over a phased period of time. We entered a period of adjustment and optimisation last week. During this time there will be more focus on optimisations and bug fixes.

In addition, we also have a lot of time and energy invested in some new collaborations. More on this in the coming weeks.

This weeks recommended updates:

1. Full-screen playback of video and screen shot functionality will be added to support ALL V4 devices.

2. Lock screen framework support for lit animation effects (requires theme support to function), with this feature theme developers will be able to produce more dynamic effects and become more creative.

3. Compass support for Altitude, Pressure and Barometer measurement functions. Unfortunately only supported devices will be able to utilise these new features such as (Xiaomi Mi-Two, Google Galaxy Nexus Family, Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note)

It is expected that more phones may support other features such as Barometer.

4. Galaxy Note will be released this week!!!

Further updates to Notes functionality are being worked on. Optimisation and specific details will be published in each weeks changelog.

Full list of changes will be posted on Friday as usual.

Sounds very nice :) Its been so "easy" to make new themes that I'm going to give it a small try in the next couple of days just for fun and if it works and looks ok i will release the themes. going to try mixing the newest theme from xiaomi :)

Reactions: Vertana and MarkHUK
Just checked out the iPhone 5 event.

Can't wait for the Note 2 with MIUI on it. Just hope some of the Note apps will come along.

Hi!

I´m new to MIUI, I installed this rom last week, and I think is a really interesting and good project. I saw that this rom for HTC Sensation has some Sense components, that maybe is good for the smoothness and functionality of the phone itself. I have to say I´m really impressed with the rom development and the work that many people is doing here, is just awesome the way and the design that this rom is taking.

I´m running MIUI 2.9.7 in HTC Sensation.

Like every project, it has some things that maybe could be improved, I will list some here:

*When installing the rom for the first time, it doesn´t recognize the apn´s and the carrier. I found that installing the rom without sim card, turn off the phone after complete installation and then add the sim card make the rom to automatically recognize the carrier and the default apn´s.

*Led Settings doesn´t work for me, at least, I´m not sure if it is hardare related of my phone or bug.

*When I choose to unlock the phone with some kind of security, it doesn´t respect the timer. Although I have set the timer to ask for Pattern after 30 mins, phone asks for Pattern every time is locked. Very annoying issue, make really hard to have some kind of screen security because of this.

*The option "Make password visible" doesn´t work.

*Sometimes the home button doesn´t take you to the home screen, when this happens, I push the power button again (phone doesn´t lock and press the button doesn´t do anything) and the home button fixed. I read that mayabe is a Misuse bug, but I´m not sure.

*When unlocking the phone, always I see for about half second the screen of "Misuse mode enabled. Phone functions are currently disabled!". It happens when Misuse is enabled and also disabled.

*In Settings > Language and Input > Keyboard & Input Methods > Touch Input Preferences > Text Input, you have to change like 4-5 times the options so they can stay as you want. This is the menu where appear Prediction, Spell Correction and Sound and Vibrate Feedback. Is really annoying to enter and exit the menu so many times in order to enable/disable this functions.

*There is no additional keyboard or language prediction for any other language, just english. I thought that installing language pack would resolve this, but it only translates the whole interface. Is just so hard to save to dictionary every word I use, hope you can do in the short time a fix for this, taking in scope that project is growing so much. I know we can install some other keyboard, but is not the same as having all like stock.

Also would be nice that in the future it could be added the feature of pinch with the 2 fingers to see the preview of the screens, instead of having a option in the menu to do this. I miss it hard when I want to change screens quiclky.

These are so far the bugs I have found after 1 week of normal usage, hope it can help and sometime you could fix this.

:rolleyes:

why there's no sound effect setting on my xperia s device? I installed flashed beats audio but there is no setting to switch to it. :(

Notes updates, Compass updates.... ?!

There are numerous very significant, show stopping bugs for many devices the team focusses on such things? I'm not paying to get updates so I do realize that I should stop moaning but the logic behind these decisions is really a mystery to me.

"Yeah, I know device X can't send texts but I've got this great idea for a compass update....."?! WTF :p

Notes updates, Compass updates.... ?!

There are numerous very significant, show stopping bugs for many devices the team focusses on such things? I'm not paying to get updates so I do realize that I should stop moaning but the logic behind these decisions is really a mystery to me.

"Yeah, I know device X can't send texts but I've got this great idea for a compass update....."?! WTF :p

I assume that Xiaomi's focus is bug fixing and creating new features for the devices that they actually make money on (MI-one, Mi-Two).

now finally compass will have the altitude thing, I actually developed an app myself to see it. I also have one to measure stuff from all the sensors, not only the barometer and I can share the code so you can integrate it... I mean it's really cool to see what your sensors are measuring.

Hi everyone. I am new here. I see we will gonna see MIUI ROM for Note this friday. Can anyone give me the link that is the best way to flash for Galaxy Note? Thanx a lot!

Finally,I will enjoy my note.

To: Dev,

Please don't forget to include Arabic Keyboard.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

is it possible to update Galaxy S lll base to latest JB Leaked roms? such as XXDLI5 or UBDLI1
those are really stable, fast & smooth

thanks for this week's update

is it possible to update Galaxy S lll base to latest JB Leaked roms? such as XXDLI5 or UBDLI1
those are really stable, fast & smooth

thanks for this week's update
Xiaomi won't do that, but you can use cMIUI, which is MIUI with cyanogenmod base, meaning it has android 4.1.1 - the only thing not working are HDMI out and radio, but if you don't use any of them it's fine

Xiaomi won't do that, but you can use cMIUI, which is MIUI with cyanogenmod base, meaning it has android 4.1.1 - the only thing not working are HDMI out and radio, but if you don't use any of them it's fine

????? As far as I know, Chillzz81 never released any ROM for S III, you must be referring to S 2 thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.