Changelog MIUI ROM 3.5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have Google location at all.
I've come from sequential updates every week using goomanager, never wiped.
That's why renaming (as good as deleting I assume) made no difference as Google location isn't there.

I don't have Google location at all.
I've come from sequential updates every week using goomanager, never wiped.
That's why renaming (as good as deleting I assume) made no difference as Google location isn't there.

I just checked the ROM, and I see NetworkLocation (which is the Google one) in the ROM.

I have network location, sorry was looking for Google location.

Should the rename of Baidu not have fixed it for me then?

Thanks for your time by the way

I have network location, sorry was looking for Google location.

Should the rename of Baidu not have fixed it for me then?

Thanks for your time by the way

Deleting the APK won't do anything. The location that Network is pulled from is defined by a few strings in framework-res.apk.

Code:
    <string name="config_networkLocationProvider1">com.google.android.location.NetworkLocationProvider</string>
    <string name="config_networkLocationProvider2">com.android.location.service.NetworkLocationProvider</string>
    <string name="config_geocodeProvider">com.android.location.service.GeocodeProvider</string>
    <string name="config_geofenceProvider">com.qualcomm.services.location</string>

All of which I just double checked in our MI2 rom are correct. They point to Google, not Baidu. Are you flashing our MI2 rom regularly? Ex just open up Updater.apk, find the ZIP, flash it. Reboot.

I downloaded via goomanager or the main website and go to cwm, flash that way.
And I just checked checked updater app it says I'm on 3.5.3 and then says I'm on latest version that's it

I downloaded via goomanager or the main website and go to cwm, flash that way.

Humor me, and go back to stock MI recovery, and flash via Updater.apk. I think there is something up with overwriting cache relating to framework-res that CWM might be causing.

always thanks for good work.
at calc app, I want to insert comma.
for example, 1000000 -> 1,000,000
is it possible?

It can't just be me, others here have it too.
Every week I just update via cwm....

Ok I will :D
I just re read and understand what you mean now, find the latest rom and I install via update app.
This will return mi recovery am I correct?
Not a big problem just want to know!

Ok I will :D
I just re read and understand what you mean now, find the latest rom and I install via update app.
This will return mi recovery am I correct?
Not a big problem just want to know!

I believe CWM blocks Updater from restoring your recovery back to MI, so I'm not exactly sure how do it get it back, but I believe that may be the problem.

When using private sms settings I have added one contact, then removed it from private sms settings and now i can't add this contact again. I do "add private contact" then push the ticker besides the contact and click OK, but nothing happens, the list is still empty. I can add aa different contact but not the one i've removed from the private list

in settings - apps - swipepad, on show popup window.
i got it working with sidebar
Thank you!!! This isn't super obvious. I thought the root permissions in Permissions app would be enough. Thanks again! This is such a relief! I thought I would have to give up Toucher and SwipePad.

Reactions: tamil18
Status
Not open for further replies.