MIUI Stock Weather app

Dicky319

Members
Jun 13, 2013
Hey guys,

I just flashed the latest 3.6.21 ROM from your site and it is great. The downside is that I lost the stock weather app that came with the phone and it was fantastic.

The phone is a MI2s that I bought here in China and I was running MIUI-JLB 16.0 with the app preloaded. Is there anyway to download this app or move it across? Surely the app will be on the phone somewhere unless flashing the ROM erased it?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Our ROM is for users outside of china... And MIUI weather is not working outside of china... So its removed... Anyway, you can download china ROM and pull from there weather.apk to your system/app...

~Tapatalk 4~

Forgive my poor understanding but I have another question?

So I looked for a guide to rooting the MI2s now that I have a developer ROM but there is nothing anywhere. I downloaded the Chinese ROM so as to steal the weather apk from it but I cannot move it across to the phone. Am I doing it wrong or do I need to root my phone?

Thanks in advance.

Developer rom is already rooted. You just need to allow it in settings.

Odoslané z ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T cez Tapatalk 2

Oh ok,

How do I do it in the settings?

And then I should be able to simply move apks from my pc to the phone?

Ok so I go to permissions Icon and then into ROOT - manage ROOT permission and enable permission monitor?

And now the phone is rooted?

Sorry, I know amateurs like me are annoying.

All I want to do is be able to flash apps onto my phone and delete stock apps that cannot be deleted through the normal means.

I have read several times that the developer ROMS are already rooted and so I have flashed 3.6.21 successfully but I cannot seem to move the apps I want and don't from the phone to my pc vice versa?

Again, all help is greatly appreciated!

Sorry, I know amateurs like me are annoying.

All I want to do is be able to flash apps onto my phone and delete stock apps that cannot be deleted through the normal means.

I have read several times that the developer ROMS are already rooted and so I have flashed 3.6.21 successfully but I cannot seem to move the apps I want and don't from the phone to my pc vice versa?

Again, all help is greatly appreciated!
Why do you want to transfer apps from phone to pc and back? With root you can delete system apps, you can move apps to system. There is play store to install apps.

Because there are apps on other ROMs that I want to flash and there are some apps that need the phone to be rooted to flash. Plus there are some Chinese system apps that are utterly useless to me and I want to get rid of them to clear up space.

Because there are apps on other ROMs that I want to flash and there are some apps that need the phone to be rooted to flash. Plus there are some Chinese system apps that are utterly useless to me and I want to get rid of them to clear up space.
As i sad, you can delete system apps when your phone is rooted, to install apps, just put their install apk's to sd card, then install them from there.

Sure, so how do I root the phone?

I have flashed a developer app, and I have found the permissions manager but I'm not sure exactly what to do from there or if there are other things I need to do? When in the permissions manager there is a ROOT manage ROOT permissions and then into there I get enable permission monitor but with this enabled I still can't delete apps or flash apks?

Sure, so how do I root the phone?

I have flashed a developer app, and I have found the permissions manager but I'm not sure exactly what to do from there or if there are other things I need to do? When in the permissions manager there is a ROOT manage ROOT permissions and then into there I get enable permission monitor but with this enabled I still can't delete apps or flash apks?
Grab Titanium Backup or/and Root Explorer from Play Store and you'll be able to delete/move system apk.-s.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Great advice, successfully removed unwanted apps. Thanks.

I got titanium backup, how do I use this to flash apks onto my phone?

I have been trying to copy the apk and paste it to root to no avail. Again, thanks in advance.

Great advice, successfully removed unwanted apps. Thanks.

I got titanium backup, how do I use this to flash apks onto my phone?

I have been trying to copy the apk and paste it to root to no avail. Again, thanks in advance.
I don't want to be rude, but do you ever use search or google? I adwise you to do that instead of ask thousand questions. You'll be able to find answers easy that way.

Oh, apologies.

I did but I seem to find a lot of information for Android but not specific to MIUI and because I'm very new to this (recent convert from apple) then I'm nervous about just doing something before seeking the advice of the pros.

I think the reason it is hard for me to put the app I want on to my phone is because it is non-market so a website I found through google suggested using SDK? Is that the right option for MIUI as well?

Mui is android. Just download apk from that site, copy that on sd card in phone. Open es explorer, find that apk, click on it, it will ask if you want to install it.