MIUI v6 ?!

I have installed early beta MIUIv6... Can't say more...

~Tapatalk~

Just tell us KitKat or not. If not, all of us will be disappointed!
This information would be enough and satisfying...

XiaoMi Mi2 and XiaoMi Mi2A are running on MIUI V5 based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean while the HongMi and XiaoMi Mi3 with Tegra 4 are running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. The Snapdragon 800 XiaoMi Mi3 is running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, which is the latest among all XiaoMi smartphones. How about the Android 4.4 KitKat? The answer is yes.

According to Senior Engineer of MIUI, Sun Peng had confirmed that the MIUI that supports Nexus 5 is coming after the Lunar New Year in next year. In other words, the MIUI based on Android 4.4 KitKat is coming in February next year.

Sun Peng also stated that the stock Android 4.4 KitKat for the XiaoMi Mi2, XiaoMi Mi2S and XiaoMi Mi2A had been created. However, it is still under development progress. Lastly, he added that another Nexus device will get MIUI that based on Android 4.4 KitKat. It could be a Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 (2013).

MIUI is one of the most popular custom ROMs which is developed by XiaoMi. All XiaoMi smartphones are running on the MIUI which is based on different Android versions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- So I guess KitKat?

Last edited:
Something to note is that MIUI V6 comes after Chinese new year.
That doesn't mean it will be released directly after.

Reactions: Youri
Something to note is that MIUI V6 comes after Chinese new year.
That doesn't mean it will be released directly after.
... and any info about Android base version? Or is it secret as well?

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

New year stared today, so next days/weeks it will be released

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I really don't understand why some people make such a big deal out of 4.4 vs. 4.3, if anybody would be so kind for me to explain why 4.4 is so much prefered over 4.3? I would definitly nod mind 4.3. I think since 4.2.2/4.3 android is a a mature operating system. Before those releases android needed improvement, since though, I think android improves only for the sake of improvement, not because of the need for improvement. As far as I know things, to me 4.4 looks more like some sort of open beta for android, 5.0?

Also I think people should just be patient about when the update is coming... why ask for screens or info, the update will come and knowing things about it will not change the update in any way.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I will be looking forward to the next Android release by Xiaomi :)
Patience is a virtue.

Reactions: nelim
I really don't understand why some people make such a big deal out of 4.4 vs. 4.3, if anybody would be so kind for me to explain why 4.4 is so much prefered over 4.3? I would definitly nod mind 4.3. I think since 4.2.2/4.3 android is a a mature operating system. Before those releases android needed improvement, since though, I think android improves only for the sake of improvement, not because of the need for improvement. As far as I know things, to me 4.4 looks more like some sort of open beta for android, 5.0?

Also I think people should just be patient about when the update is coming... why ask for screens or info, the update will come and knowing things about it will not change the update in any way.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I will be looking forward to the next Android release by Xiaomi :)
Patience is a virtue.

IMHO its because of art, fluidity, responsiveness. 4.4 is upperhanded in all of this 3 compared to 4.3

Patience is a virtue.
The change from davlik cache to art is a goodie in 4.4. Plus up to date is always better. But if its 4.3 I'll still be cool. And 4.4 is supposed to make low end devices run better so like the mi2a with a 1gb of ram should mange it better. And help other phones.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Patience is a virtue.
New camera libs, new bootloader and other sources which can help us with rom and other things developement

Reactions: dextructor and oile
IMHO its because of art, fluidity, responsiveness. 4.4 is upperhanded in all of this 3 compared to 4.3
ART is in a beta stage, like I said, that will be something for Android 5.0? And my phone is super smooth and responsive already. It's not such a big difference in my opinion, 4.3 also should be a huge improvement over 4.1.
The change from davlik cache to art is a goodie in 4.4. Plus up to date is always better. But if its 4.3 I'll still be cool. And 4.4 is supposed to make low end devices run better so like the mi2a with a 1gb of ram should mange it better. And help other phones.
The M2(S) is a high end device. And I agree up to date is better, but not really neccesary in this case I think, of course it is preferable.
New camera libs, new bootloader and other sources which can help us with rom and other things developement
Something new I did not know about, I'm curious. But what you're saying is that there would be no new camera libs, bootloader and other sources which might help in an official 4.3 release? My guess would be yes there are.

Either way... a few weeks to go ^^

1 --- The M2(S) is a high end device. And I agree up to date is better, but not really neccesary in this case I think, of course it is preferable.

2 --- Something new I did not know about, I'm curious. But what you're saying is that there would be no new camera libs, bootloader and other sources which might help in an official 4.3 release? My guess would be yes there are.

Either way... a few weeks to go ^^
1 -- yes but miui is not only for mi2 mi3 ecc. There are a lot of low ram devices that can run miui

2 --- Yes but if we have 4.4 sources it's better since from 4.3 and 4.4 there's the sea

1 -- yes but miui is not only for mi2 mi3 ecc. There are a lot of low ram devices that can run miui

2 --- Yes but if we have 4.4 sources it's better since from 4.3 and 4.4 there's the sea

1. Did not think of that, you are totally right :)

2. It's winter so I'm not gonna swim in the sea ;)

A big update of camera libs is higly needed with mi2s/mi3 13mp sensor and it will be very disappointing if it will not be provided with next MIUI. Anyway remember that MIUI is 'just' a UI with some apps (like eg. touchwiz &co.), yes it's better and wider than others, but that's it. With the right dependencies you can have MIUI v5 on kitkat and MIUI v6 on jelly bean... KitKat would be useful for the Android APIs that brings.. ;)

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Totally Agree about the necessity to have updated camera libs. It's now or never

Patience is a virtue.
KitKat uses far less RAM and has better battery life. I find that quite important.

Tapagetalkt via Dirty Unicorns vom Nexus 7 (flo)

KitKat uses far less RAM and has better battery life. I find that quite important.
Linuxx already gave a good argument on the improvement on needed ram, but battery life? I've read lots of complaints about battery life on 4.4 vs. 4.3, just google it...

The memory management of kitkat is much better compared to lower android version releases.

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

Linuxx already gave a good argument on the improvement on needed ram, but battery life? I've read lots of complaints about battery life on 4.4 vs. 4.3, just google it...
complaints - curved hands. 4.4 version is great and runs more responsive than 4.3. Tested on all devices. A battery problem only for have old libs and kernel. Xiaomi update kernel and everything will be okay. Nexus has no such problems