MIUI v6 ?!

I hope next Friday I can testing kitkat based miui v6 on my mi2s. Anyway the newest Mokee kitkat release is working perfectly as well!

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

I hope next Friday I can testing kitkat based miui v6 on my mi2s. Anyway the newest Mokee kitkat release is working perfectly as well!

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk
Miui Italia told users that 24 build was the latest v5....

Sent from my nexus 7

Hopefully... Nothing has been confirmed yet.

Wysłane z mojego MI 3W przy użyciu Tapatalka

If you gurus are testing it, please make sure that libs are updated and all the atavic problems of v5 are fixed.
Take all the time you and xiaomi need, as long as it is a well done piece of work :)

If you gurus are testing it, please make sure that libs are updated and all the atavic problems of v5 are fixed.
Take all the time you and xiaomi need, as long as it is a well done piece of work :)
We can't say if libs are updated because the testdevice (as far as I know) was not a Mi2.

We can't say if libs are updated because the testdevice (as far as I know) was not a Mi2.
Mi2 doesn't 'need' updated libs/driver for camera, it is working fine for what the sensor is.. It's Mi2s 32GB and Mi3 that need new camera libs. Currently, autofocus implementation is completely messed up (also, Mi2S now has older libs than Mi3, without RAW support, worse hardware HDR balance and the well known wobbling issues in video recording framerate and stabilization algorithms.. Mi3 with the same sensor brings more updated libs but it still has its little issues).
If Xiaomi is developing a new ROM, the main test-devices should be their two flagship phones (and maybe the next coming one..), then in a second stage the other widespread devices like nexus 4/5, samsung s3/s4, htc one etc.
So, if someone is testing the new ROM, make sure that those issues are solved on xiaomi phones ;)

Reactions: RobinHood00
will older devices such as the sgs2 have the new miui v6?

would really love to see the miui camera ported there

Mi2 doesn't 'need' updated libs/driver for camera, it is working fine for what the sensor is.. It's Mi2s 32GB and Mi3 that need new camera libs. Currently, autofocus implementation is completely messed up (also, Mi2S now has older libs than Mi3, without RAW support, worse hardware HDR balance and the well known wobbling issues in video recording framerate and stabilization algorithms.. Mi3 with the same sensor brings more updated libs but it still has its little issues).
If Xiaomi is developing a new ROM, the main test-devices should be their two flagship phones (and maybe the next coming one..), then in a second stage the other widespread devices like nexus 4/5, samsung s3/s4, htc one etc.
So, if someone is testing the new ROM, make sure that those issues are solved on xiaomi phones ;)
Wrong. because the libs need to be updated so they work with the new HAL introduced in 4.3

Reactions: guari and siropchik
Wrong. because the libs need to be updated so they work with the new HAL introduced in 4.3
As far as I know they can use the old compatibily layer for HAL (v1 introduced with ICS is still supported and probably will be used for all front facing cameras), but of course that isn't a good thing, in this way we will have no benefit from new HAL v3/3.1 introduced with 4.3/4.4.

Its not supported its a hack. Xiaomi would be the first who does that.

Can we hope others v5 versions until v6 goes out?

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Every one in China is having a big break !!!
Can't expect much except to wait till this Friday.;)

Every one in China is having a big break !!!
Can't expect much except to wait till this Friday.;)
If I were you I'd rather set my expectations not on the 7th of february but the 7th/14th of march, then there are at least 5 dissapointing fridays less :p

Reactions: tnhh
Ha ha.. why ? do you think they are that much exhausted after the New Year Festival ?

Ha ha.. why ? do you think they are that much exhausted after the New Year Festival ?
Because it was never confirmed that they will release it directly after their holidays. it's just a rumour.
Maybe they didn't even finish the development and there's still much to do.

@manohar: What m1cha said plus the later you expect it the less disappointed you will be when it gets delayed. Firmware needs to be tested and tested and tested so delays happen quiet often. Best thing: IT WILL COME :D