[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi do you have any notifications? The carrier is hidden if there are notifications.

Hi Andy, i remove all the notification icon such as quicker or Wifi Status bar, now works..thanks alot. Possible to make it still display the carrier name where there is a notification?

Hi Andy, i remove all the notification icon such as quicker or Wifi Status bar, now works..thanks alot. Possible to make it still display the carrier name where there is a notification?

It's possible, but the trouble is that with the clock in the middle there isn't much room for notifications and the carrier.
That's why I took the decision to hide the carrier when notifications are shown..

Hi first i'd like to say i love this mod
I just have one thing that annoys me, when no service i have "(No service) " written on top of the carrier logo, any tips on how to remove that?

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Hi first i'd like to say i love this mod
I just have one thing that annoys me, when no service i have "(No service) " written on top of the carrier logo, any tips on how to remove that?

I believe you can go into eri.xml (the same file that changes the Carrier) and find the string for "(No Service)" and change it to whatever you have set as your carrier. If you don't know how to do this, you'll need to look it up on line. It doesnt really have much to do with Andy's Mod. Just look up on google "how to edit eri.xml".

Ok thx i'll have a look at it in the morning

Hey how did you get this to work on 2X? I put the MIUI rom's binary file in the centreclock zip and I no longer get a status 0 error, but now I get a status 7 error >.<

I know lots of people would appreciate it if you could upload a 2X file you used or instructions on how to get the file working!

@baldy
I extracted the files and moved them manually, when moving files in app folder i got force closes, then i rebooted into recovery and fixed permissions and wiped dalvik

@baldy
I extracted the files and moved them manually, when moving files in app folder i got force closes, then i rebooted into recovery and fixed permissions and wiped dalvik

Thanks, will try this tonight

O2X working flashable zip !!

I've mixed luckily stuff from here and there (a O2X repack from Higgsy on xda, and original files from Andrew Thompson (multilanguage version to have French included)... Credits go to them, I hope you won't mind guys ?! :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?3cgf99gfb1wre84

Recovery, Backup just in case, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik, flash zip, reboot.

In French there's one bug, alarm clock is not written correctly (it written "@31297746" instead.. I don't care about it), I don't know about other languages..

O2X working flashable zip !!

I've mixed luckily stuff from here and there (a O2X repack from Higgsy on xda, and original files from Andrew Thompson (multilanguage version to have French included)... Credits go to them, I hope you won't mind guys ?! :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?3cgf99gfb1wre84

Recovery, Backup just in case, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik, flash zip, reboot.

In French there's one bug, alarm clock is not written correctly (it written "@31297746" instead.. I don't care about it), I don't know about other languages..
same as Chinese

I'm at a loss regarding removal of (no service) text
I've read about eri.Xml and downloaded an example file.
cant find anything regarding (no service) in either downloaded file or in /system/framework/framework-res.Apk (/xml/eri.xml)

I'm at a loss regarding removal of (no service) text
I've read about eri.Xml and downloaded an example file.
cant find anything regarding (no service) in either downloaded file or in /system/framework/framework-res.Apk (/xml/eri.xml)

Leave it with me. I hadn't completely understood the issue but it happened to me this morning. I'll try to include a fix for this in the next update.

ohh the no service that happends is beacuse of this mod ?"
cant use the phone when that happends

ohh the no service that happends is beacuse of this mod ?"
cant use the phone when that happends

No. The no service things happens because you have no service!! The issue with this mod is that if you have a logo the "No Service" words overlap it..

On my N1, on left side of the status bar there is an icon of SD card with gear at the bottom. When I pull down the bar, it says ' zone' next to that icon. How can I clear that icon???? It doesn't go away. And because of that I can't see the carrier name on side
b8a06515-c2f2-a996.jpg

Sent from my Nexus One using the miuiandroid.com forum app

hey im new to this and just wanted to know what im doing wrong when trying to install this mod. I copy the files to my phone then boot in recovery. i install from zip file and everything seems fine but when i reboot after the logo it shows my home screen for a second then reboots. Im useing Nexus s

hey im new to this and just wanted to know what im doing wrong when trying to install this mod. I copy the files to my phone then boot in recovery. i install from zip file and everything seems fine but when i reboot after the logo it shows my home screen for a second then reboots. Im useing Nexus s

Ummm, sound like you're doing the right thing?? You are on 1.8.12 aren't you? It'll only work on that version, assuming you are maybe another Nexus S user could post here to let you know if you need to do anything special.
Sorry I can't be more help..

Status
Not open for further replies.