[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am wondering if somebody here can help me with something. I happened to pick up a xiaomi m1 miui phone. Great phone btw. The problem is the recovery on it doesn't allow flashing zip files unless it is an update. Is there a way to pull the rom off of the phone and incorporate the extended settings into it? How would I go about doing that. Thanks for the awesome mod Andy. I use it on my nexus s.

Hi. I am wondering if somebody here can help me with something. I happened to pick up a xiaomi m1 miui phone. Great phone btw. The problem is the recovery on it doesn't allow flashing zip files unless it is an update. Is there a way to pull the rom off of the phone and incorporate the extended settings into it? How would I go about doing that. Thanks for the awesome mod Andy. I use it on my nexus s.

Hi.. Glad you like the Mod. I may be completely wrong but can't you install ROM Manager from the market and use it to install ClockWork Recovery? That should give you the option you need to install zips.. Hope this helps? If it doesn't, there is a way to pull the ROM and include the Mod. PM me if you need to go down that road..Andy

Thanks for the quick response. I have cloclworkmod installed but this phone is not one of the options when I go to flash it. It gives all kinds of other devices, but not this one. I can use it to flash into recovery but it is the recovery that comes on the phone. And there is no option to install a zip file. Just an update to the rom.

Alright, so I'd really like to use this MOD but I haven't been able to get it to work. I've tried the proper versions on the last 2-3 MIUI releases and the same thing always happens. I have an OG Droid currently running 1.11.4 with no other mods. It doesn't seem to matter if I flash the Overscroll or No Overscroll version either. Whenever I flash this mod in CWR and I restart the phone, it goes into the bootloader, as if I had the usb cable plugged into my computer when I restarted. I'm not really sure what else to do, I tried manually mounting the system and data folders in CWR, but that didn't help. Am I missing something in the installation procedure? Thanks for help in advance.

I was wondering is there anyway I can make the new miui control fully work with miui 1.10.7? Every since miui switched over to 2.3.7 I've been having problems. I tried flashing the new extended settings with 1.10.7 but caused launcher fc. then I deleted the extended settings app from the 1.10.7 zip and pasted the 11.4 but the status bar changing colors doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated

Sent From my Verizon powered Evo 4G!

Anything?

Hi Andy!
Any chance of you porting it soon to Galnet MIUI ICS 1.11.7?
Thanks in advance

Hi. Have you tried using the latest version of this Mod? It may well work as from a quick look at the change log for ICS 1.11.7 it's pretty much the stock ROM.

I was wondering is there anyway I can make the new miui control fully work with miui 1.10.7? Every since miui switched over to 2.3.7 I've been having problems. I tried flashing the new extended settings with 1.10.7 but caused launcher fc. then I deleted the extended settings app from the 1.10.7 zip and pasted the 11.4 but the status bar changing colors doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated

You won't be able to incorporate the settings from the latest version into the build for 1.10.7 without rewriting the code in SystemUI.apk. Sorry about that.. And sorry for initially missing your post..

Alright, so I'd really like to use this MOD but I haven't been able to get it to work. I've tried the proper versions on the last 2-3 MIUI releases and the same thing always happens. I have an OG Droid currently running 1.11.4 with no other mods. It doesn't seem to matter if I flash the Overscroll or No Overscroll version either. Whenever I flash this mod in CWR and I restart the phone, it goes into the bootloader, as if I had the usb cable plugged into my computer when I restarted. I'm not really sure what else to do, I tried manually mounting the system and data folders in CWR, but that didn't help. Am I missing something in the installation procedure? Thanks for help in advance.

Check your PM's..

Hi. Have you tried using the latest version of this Mod? It may well work as from a quick look at the change log for ICS 1.11.7 it's pretty much the stock ROM.

Hi Andy
I've used the signed no overscroll v.1, and I confirm that it's working fine with Galnet MIUI ICS 1.11.7!

You won't be able to incorporate the settings from the latest version into the build for 1.10.7 without rewriting the code in SystemUI.apk. Sorry about that.. And sorry for initially missed your post..

Thanks for replying Andy, I was just wondering if it could be done. I found a theme with transparent status bar so I'm happy lol.

Very nice tweaks.
However, it changed the Language to the main menu back to English. The menu with "Settings/Add Wallpaper/Preview/..." you get when you hit the menu button when in the desktop.

The actual settings are in the proper system Language however...

EDIT : it also changed the language in the notification bar...:-/

First of all forgive my ignorance, first time running MIUI. So i've downloaded the Signed_No_Overscroll.v1.zip from the OP. Do i flash this zip from recovery, then reboot and use the new control menu that will be on my desktop? Thanks in advance for your assistance and patience.

edit: Thank you ofmirroreye got it to work. Great mod, thanks so much.

Hi Andy, I can't send you a PM because your storage is full. :) Just wanted to let you know that dock is fixed now! Thank you very much for that! :) I will try something with folder icons but I am not sure that it will work. We will see, who knows.

EDIT: Changing folder icons size does the trick! :D Just have to change it to the right resolution now (120x120 is big now). :) Thank you! I also must see if I can make thememanager.apk multi-dpi, it is strange now. Didn't saw anything else that is wrong. This is really great.

thanks so much for these extended settings!

I'm running the new Vicious-MIUI for the thunderbolt. used the no-overscroll version and had to mount system/data in recovery, and everything is working great!

Can't send you a PM right now, says your inbox is full. Here's what I was going to send

"So this didn't work either, but it didn't work in a different way. Rather than going to the bootloader it would actually make it to the M logo. Then it would sit there for a little bit, reboot itself, get back to the M logo for a shorter period of time and end up back in CWR, all without me doing anything. I'm hoping to get the Nexus Galaxy whenever they decide to release it, so my Droid isn't going to be around for much longer. If you want to take another stab at getting it to work I'm willing try it out, otherwise, don't worry about it. Thanks"

Check your PM's..

thanks so much for these extended settings!

I'm running the new Vicious-MIUI for the thunderbolt. used the no-overscroll version and had to mount system/data in recovery, and everything is working great!

Could you explain how you installed it on the TBolt? How do you mount system/data in recovery?

*Edit: Do you have to unmount system/data after you flash the zip?

hey folks, been interested in this for a while. Just have a couple of questions.
Is there any damage in installing this mod? (what can happen)
Is there a way to cleanly uninstall it?
I'm on a captivate so I install the weekly updates, do I have to install a version of es weekly?
just install by flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.