[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
New to MIUI and trying to wrap my head around things. I'm on a Droid X running 1.10.21. I was able to install the center zip without issue. Now I'm trying to get the app drawer option. I don't have the option in my MIUI Control Panel so I went looking for the latest apk. I found one in the 1.11.18 folder, downloaded it and the install failed. Am I out of luck getting the latest apk installed on 1.10.21?

I think you'd have to install the latest MIUI for your device.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk

Lockscreen pattern bug?

Hey Andy, just updated to the latest miui (1.12.2) and installed your mod. I never use a password or pattern on my phone, but since installing ES, a pattern screen always appears after my phone locks. The slide to unlock bar doesnt even show, and the only way i see to make it show is to have a pattern lock enaebled on my phone. Is there any way to remove pattern unlock so as to just leave the slide to unlock bar like always?

MIUI 1.12.2
ES overscroll
Volume+
Galaxy S II

New Version available for 1.12.2
The only update is the Launcher should now support all qHD screens.
Please download either Overscroll or NoOverscroll as normal.

If you already have MIUIsettings version 2.1.1 (MIUI Control Panel > About) there is no need to download the apk as you already have the latest version.
If you're not on 2.1.1 then please download and install.

Andy

hi andy! after i installed 1.12.2 on my gs2, im having problem with the lockscreen.
my lockscreen theme is a pattern like and changing lockscreen theme doesn't work
anymore.
sorry for my bad english.

This issues is not from ES this depend to Volume mod.I have it too:
30c22xf.jpg

hi everyone,
i'm on miui.us using my desire z, and i can't seem to get the app drawer working. i flashed the no_overscroll zip for both 11.18 and 12.2 (on each respective build) and then installed the miui control panel apk. everything else seems to work fine in the control panel, but the app drawer never appears when i enable it.

i did a search and the only thing i could find so far was the miui.germany forum posting that said mount /data when flashing. tried it, no dice.

i don't have any other mods running, it's pure miui.us stock besides overclock control from setcpu.

can anyone help me out?

edit: nevermind, it's working. i just have to grab the statusbar in *just* the right place. not right up at the top, but just at the very bottom

hi everyone,
i'm on miui.us using my desire z, and i can't seem to get the app drawer working. i flashed the no_overscroll zip for both 11.18 and 12.2 (on each respective build) and then installed the miui control panel apk. everything else seems to work fine in the control panel, but the app drawer never appears when i enable it.

i did a search and the only thing i could find so far was the miui.germany forum posting that said mount /data when flashing. tried it, no dice.

i don't have any other mods running, it's pure miui.us stock besides overclock control from setcpu.

can anyone help me out?
It's particular about where you tap to open it. You have to tap the notification bar on its lower half (third) to activate the drawer. If you tap too high on the bar you'll get the normal drop down panel. It's a nice idea but too difficult to get to quickly.

It's particular about where you tap to open it. You have to tap the notification bar on its lower half (third) to activate the drawer. If you tap too high on the bar you'll get the normal drop down panel. It's a nice idea but too difficult to get to quickly.

Thanks! I figured it out right before i saw your post. it is a great idea, but i see what you mean..

In the end, i really like this mod, but i find some things wanting: first, the app drawer is not as smooth as the rest of the launcher, so it doesn't feel "cohesive"

so, because i'd hate to be one of those "here's a problem...bye!" people, i looked up some stuff on optimizing scrolling/smoothness and this article was referenced as "the answer":

gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/

i'm not a code monkey, but read through it and it made sense. but perhaps in the end it doesn't apply or you know all about it. anyway, it's just an attempt at being helpful =P perhaps it's device specific screen refresh rate?

second, perhaps it's a device resolution issue, but my app drawer leaves a gap at the top between the drawer and the statusbar where i can see my wallpaper. (i'm on a desire z)

20111203_123110.jpg

lastly, as mentioned in the previous post, the app drawer is hard to "grab" from the statusbar. Personally, i could give up the entire half of the statusbar to grab the app drawer easily.

Since some of this stuff is device specific, i gladly volunteer my services to beta test, if desired. Or any other way i can help, i will try my best.

Andy, are you noticing that the appdrawer smetimes has a small gap above it when you pull it down?

Andy,

I am having a problem.

I have the .apk and the no overscroll installed. I get it to work. The problem is, the settings using the miui control app do not ever stick. So I have to open the app and go to the app drawer part, I have to enable auto start and then hit enable. Then it will work until I reboot.

Also, when I hit enable after enabling auto start and then go back into the app drawer settings again, the auto start is then set to disabled (slider to left).

Any idea why it wont stick?

Thanks,
Whiteice

the app have a little bug! the top-bar battery is not working after flashing this mod, and the dock icons are in wrong position! :( im using a motorola defy

Andy,

I am having a problem.

I have the .apk and the no overscroll installed. I get it to work. The problem is, the settings using the miui control app do not ever stick. So I have to open the app and go to the app drawer part, I have to enable auto start and then hit enable. Then it will work until I reboot.

Also, when I hit enable after enabling auto start and then go back into the app drawer settings again, the auto start is then set to disabled (slider to left).

Any idea why it wont stick?

Thanks,
Whiteice

I thought I'm the only one having this problem... I have to go to the app drawer setting to change pulldown location & re-enable app drawer every time I rebooted my phone, even though I have auto-start enabled before I rebooted my phone.

Phone info: X10i running Miui 1.12.2, installed extended settings Overscroll v1 for miui 1.12.2.

Works for MIUI Stable although!?!

Hi, i really love this great mod. The statusbar looks so nice with it!
But i decide to go back to veriosn MIUI Stable 2.3.7. The problem is, the MOD is categorized after the development verision.
So is it possible to use this MOD for the Stable version? And when, which version?

greetings
Rizzen

Or which Version for the Stable 2.3.5b!?!

Going from 1.11.4 to 1.11.25, both ROM and extended settings.
Installed new Rom, ext settings wouldn't work on lots of things, figured I needed new version. Removed the app, flashed ext settings matching version, my last extended settings (center clock) appeared, but no app to control anything. Tried doing complete wipe, no joy - so lost, as there now seems to be an apk involved lol...
Back to 1.11.4 with settings and system app in tact to start over from the beginning. Do I need to uninstall system app before I apply the new ROM and matching version of extended settings? Do I need to install the no overscroll version or the app or both? Not sure what order to do things in. Thanks for any help :)

Going from 1.11.4 to 1.11.25. Installed new Rom, ext settings wouldn't work on lots of things. Removed the app, flashed ext settings, my last extended settings (center clock) appeared, but no app to control anything. Tried doing complete wipe - so lost, as there now seems to be an apk involved lol...
Back to 1.11.4 with settings to start from the beginning. Do I need to uninstall app before I apply the new ROM and matching version of extended settings? Do I need to install the no overscroll version or the app or both? Not sure what order to do things in. Thanks for any help :)

Hi. Flash the miui ROM. Then flash the overscroll or nooverscroll zip, then install the latest miuisettings.apk. Hope that works for you.

Going from 1.11.4 to 1.11.25, both ROM and extended settings.
Installed new Rom, ext settings wouldn't work on lots of things, figured I needed new version. Removed the app, flashed ext settings matching version, my last extended settings (center clock) appeared, but no app to control anything. Tried doing complete wipe, no joy - so lost, as there now seems to be an apk involved lol...
Back to 1.11.4 with settings and system app in tact to start over from the beginning. Do I need to uninstall system app before I apply the new ROM and matching version of extended settings? Do I need to install the no overscroll version or the app or both? Not sure what order to do things in. Thanks for any help :)

In addition to what Andy said, I also had to delete my existing system apk before installing the new version as a /data app.

Swyped from my MIUI'd Desire

Hi Andy,

Currently i'm using GalnetMIUI 1.12.2 and your latest 1.12.2 extended setting mod, i'm using 175 DPI and i found out that the hotseat icon is abit upper compare with previous.
20111205_011408.jpg

Hi Andy,

Currently i'm using GalnetMIUI 1.12.2 and your latest 1.12.2 extended setting mod, i'm using 175 DPI and i found out that the hotseat icon is abit upper compare with previous.
View attachment 3192

Yes, I am on the newest version 1.12.2 and I noticed it also the icons on the dock are to high, honestly i think its a rom related issue because I havent changed my DPI at all.

Yes, I am on the newest version 1.12.2 and I noticed it also the icons on the dock are to high, honestly i think its a rom related issue because I havent changed my DPI at all.

same thing here, 1.12.2 on shooter, reports that icons are too high. not sure if it's ROM or ES :|

the app have a little bug! the top-bar battery is not working after flashing this mod, and the dock icons are in wrong position! :( im using a motorola defy

same issue on shooter, many reports battery bar is missing, any way we can help to fix Andy?

Status
Not open for further replies.