[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIUISettings is the same from the latest version.You only have to flash Overscroll or No overscroll version.

Alright, got it working and it works Inc edibly well. however, i think there's some trouble with the app drawer. once all the apps and systems start getting upgraded to the ics standard i think the app drawer is going to be in the way of things like the menu button (top right) or the app specific buttons (top left). is there any way to make it hidden for a single tap? for example, make it where a double tap presses that area of the screen once instead of pinging the app drawer both times. a prime example is the poker game by dragonplay. if you look at a player's information you can't close out of it with the app drawer on the right unless you press the back button.

minor issue, I'm just worried about possible long term effects.

thanks again, Andy. your work is awesome man. beers coming soon, i promise

Thanks for this mod! Just to inform others who may get the same problem I did.

I had MIUI-XJ 1.12.02 installed along with Extended Settings for that version and MIUI Control 2.1.1. Everything was great and I loved the mods I was able to do!

Then this morning I updated to MIUI-XJ 1.12.09 via OTA which normally works great, but I got a ton of FC's when booting up... solution in the end was to wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and the most important part format system, then it worked like a charm again after reflashing the ES no overscroll version. All my ES settings were still there and nothing was lost.

Edit: forgot to mention that I had to flash the full ROM after formatting system, the OTA is not enough if you do that.

Any chance of seeing this mod for the ICS framework (Galnet MIUI framework) in the not to distant future?

Love it!

Thanks

Problems With Extended Settings and Evo 4G

Hey guy! I tried to install the MIUI Extended Settings onto my Evo 4G and it didn't work. :( I tried all the work arounds and still nothing. I also tried the overscrolled and non overscrolled versions for MIUI 1.12.9 All it did was move my clock to the center and I don't have the MIUI Control Panel App anywhere. Any help guys?

A few bugs..
I'm running miui 1.12.9 on SGS2, nooverscrolling..

When I set the appdawer to start from left, it works for a bit..
But then it's reset himself!

Its like this in all versions..

Sent from my GT-I9100

Hey guy! I tried to install the MIUI Extended Settings onto my Evo 4G and it didn't work. :( I tried all the work arounds and still nothing. I also tried the overscrolled and non overscrolled versions for MIUI 1.12.9 All it did was move my clock to the center and I don't have the MIUI Control Panel App anywhere. Any help guys?

You need to install the MIUIsettings.apk. Download to your SD card then open file explorer, click on the apk to install.

Alright, got it working and it works Inc edibly well. however, i think there's some trouble with the app drawer. once all the apps and systems start getting upgraded to the ics standard i think the app drawer is going to be in the way of things like the menu button (top right) or the app specific buttons (top left). is there any way to make it hidden for a single tap? for example, make it where a double tap presses that area of the screen once instead of pinging the app drawer both times. a prime example is the poker game by dragonplay. if you look at a player's information you can't close out of it with the app drawer on the right unless you press the back button.

minor issue, I'm just worried about possible long term effects.

thanks again, Andy. your work is awesome man. beers coming soon, i promise

I agree, the app drawer isn't perfect. I'm always open to new ideas to improve things. Although I'm not going to be doing any major develpoments until after ICS arrives.

Cheers

Andy

There seems to be some confusion, so just to clear things things up. Make sure you install the MIUIsettings.apk as a DATA app not a SYSTEM app

The easiest way to do this is download the APK to your SDCARD. Open file explorer, click on the APK to Install. If you follow these instructions you won't have to install the app each week.

Hope this clears things up.

Andy

I seem to be having trouble getting this thing to install. I have an HTC Droid Incredible and the latest version of miui (at the time 12.19 or whatever I think)

well I've tried installing it a couple of times the different ways you said in the OP but it never shows up. Then I saw in the most recent post you said to install the APK so I opened the zip with astro and looked at both of those APK's and it says they are already installed but they can't be opened or uninstalled. And searching for the app turns up nothing as well. I tried both the no scroll and the normal

EDIT:
Wait I saw something about installing a seperate APK so I did that and now it shows up, but the app drawer doesn't seem to be working.

I am still having the issue where once I reboot my phone, I have to go and re-enable the app drawer before it works again.

Selecting the "Auto-Start" option is not saving.

How do I go about remedying this please?

Thank you,
Whiteice

I am still having the issue where once I reboot my phone, I have to go and re-enable the app drawer before it works again.

Selecting the "Auto-Start" option is not saving.

How do I go about remedying this please?

Thank you,
Whiteice

The only thing I can s***est is making sure you have it installed as a Data app. If you've manually pushed the apk to "/system/app/" that'll be you're issue.
If it's already in "/data/app/" maybe try uninstalling and re-installing again??

Wait I saw something about installing a seperate APK so I did that and now it shows up, but the app drawer doesn't seem to be working.

I promise you it will be working, it's just a bit difficult to find, once you know where to look it's easy. Just click a fraction below the statusbar then pull down, the statusbar will turn black when you've clicked in the right place..
Keep trying!!!

LOL Andy,

Just tried to reply to our PM and... >>> Andy Thomson has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

LOL... your popular thats for sure ;)

TrOjAn

LOL Andy,

Just tried to reply to our PM and... >>> Andy Thomson has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

LOL... your popular thats for sure ;)

TrOjAn

Thanks for the heads up.. I'll clear it out...:eek:

Hi sorry if this is a silly question but I can't seams to find the actual link for the "miui control panel" app. It doesn't seams to be in the repositories as well.

I would be very grateful is some one coupd post a link.

Neat APP. Lots of mods. Unfortunately, i can't get anything to stick after reboot. "Remove clock" and "remove alarm clock" won't work at all. Any s***estions? I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, but to no avail. Is there any other the app that i need to install or zip i need to flash? I made sure i installed the correlating apk with my miui version

Neat APP. Lots of mods. Unfortunately, i can't get anything to stick after reboot. "Remove clock" and "remove alarm clock" won't work at all. Any s***estions? I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, but to no avail. Is there any other the app that i need to install or zip i need to flash? I made sure i installed the correlating apk with my miui version

Have you installed any overscroll zip file yet? You must flash it first then install miuicontrol,apk

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Have you installed any overscroll zip file yet? You must flash it first then install miuicontrol,apk

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Also, make sure the miuicontrol.apk is installed in /data/app rather than /system/app

Status
Not open for further replies.