[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried downloading a flashing 3 times and keep getting an Error 0 and then it aborts. It downloaded and flashed just fine last week, but keeps giving me this error this week.

Awesome, this just keeps getting better and better and with a speed of note. I wish you Miui guys where running the worlds economy, you would eliminate poverty in like 2 months.

So I just reactivated my OG Droid1 for something a little different. I installed and am running MIUI (MIUI.us_sholes_2.2.10_Eng_Deo_ZipA). I downloaded the correct version of extended settings per the OP (2.2.10) and put them on the root of my SD. I boot into recovery, manually mount system/data (i get an error if I don't) and flash the .zip. Everything shows as successful so i reboot. When I reboot, i do not have the control panel app, but my clock is centered and the 'top bar' option for the battery indicator style no longer works. Can you let me know if I'm missing something, or leaving out a step? Your assistance and time are greatly appreciated!

Did you install the application MIUIsettings.apk? In my package there is MIUIsettings.apk and it's automatically installed to system partition. If you have flashed Andy's cwm package then you need manually install this app. Just download it and install from system level.

Reactions: hotelmrrsn
Did you install the application MIUIsettings.apk? In my package there is MIUIsettings.apk and it's automatically installed to system partition. If you have flashed Andy's cwm package then you need manually install this app. Just download it and install from system level.

Thank you! Worked like a charm, I really appreciate the quick response!

Modifications from version 2.3.9 will work fine on 2.3.16. There have been no significant changes in the modified files. There was only a cosmetic change in framework.jar, which practically does not affect the system for us (only for Chinese).
Kunon, so are you saying that this works on 2.3.16 or that it is just possible to make a working mod?

There is always possibility to prepare a new mod, but it's not necessary in this case. New version (2.3.16) has so few changes that, in my opinion, even does not make sense to update, but if someone really wants, than he can install mod from previous version (2.3.9). It's 100% compatible.

If this is not the place for this post, I apologize. I was wondering if this control panel gave you the option to remove the debugging icon, or if there was such a tool available. Thanks again in advance for your time, and if this is not the place for this question, i apologize.

Debugging icon is visible only when your phone is connected and USB debbuging is turned on in preferences. Why would you like to remove this icon? Answering your question, i realy don't know is there any utility to do that. My phone recently was connected by wire two months ago. I'm using AirDroid to transfer files and system utilities (terminal emulator, logcat, etc.) to bypass adb. I'm connecting my phone by USB only in critical circumstances, which are very rare.

Hi, are there any plans to port these mods for V4???? I've just upgraded my S2 to miui v4 and i'm really missing being able to get rid of the carrier txt and change the colour of the clock :(

Debugging icon is visible only when your phone is connected and USB debbuging is turned on in preferences. Why would you like to remove this icon? Answering your question, i realy don't know is there any utility to do that. My phone recently was connected by wire two months ago. I'm using AirDroid to transfer files and system utilities (terminal emulator, logcat, etc.) to bypass adb. I'm connecting my phone by USB only in critical circumstances, which are very rare.

I realize that I could turn it off to remove the icon, was just curious if there was a way to remove the icon while leave debugging on, the icon is ugly and I love a minimal status bar :). Thanks again for your help, I'll continue to hunt around the www.

There is always possibility to prepare a new mod, but it's not necessary in this case. New version (2.3.16) has so few changes that, in my opinion, even does not make sense to update, but if someone really wants, than he can install mod from previous version (2.3.9). It's 100% compatible.

As you said, previous version works well with 2.3.16 for Desire.

Thnak you.

hi, i'm looking for an app drawer for gs2 miui v4...is this verison supported by this mod already?

This one flashed just fine. All the mods were implemented except for the ICS animations, don't know why. Thnks for the updated link though!

There is no ICS animations (fancy rotate) implemented, only ICS window transitions.

hi, i'm looking for an app drawer for gs2 miui v4...is this verison supported by this mod already?

It's Gingerbread's only version. I do not use ICS so far, so I do not prepare modifications to it. Smile for Andy and ask him for modifications to MIUI v4. :)

There is no ICS animations (fancy rotate) implemented, only ICS window transitions.

Sorry about that, the transitions is what I was referring to though. That was the only mod in the zip that didn't seem to flash with the updated link.

Aah heck, no way to get around theming the status bar in V4. If I could move the clock to center then hopefully the 3g/H signal indicator will not overlap signal bars. Oh well, patience is the order of the day I suppose. Man this v4 is going to be shweet when themes are grafting decently.

Tried out the App drawer. Concept is great but it's has some niggling issues that prevent it from being usable day to day. When running an app that is full screen the app becomes impossible to use if it has something that is pressable such as button near the top (Especially a problem in landscape) as your touch always activates the app drawer. Is it possible for the drawer to disable itself when something is running fullscreen and enable itself again afterwards. Or better yet is it possible to detect when the status bar is not hidden and only then have the app drawer running.

A minor issue but for some reason I cannot set it to start on boot. Checking the option to start on boot automatically unchecks when pressing enable and if instead of pressing enable you press back it stays checked but the app drawer doesn't actually start on boot. But all in all thanks for a great Mod Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.