[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
last time i installed this mod i had to reinstall my RTL fix and it removed the carrier name strait after installing
would it be the same again if i install this now after already applied RTL fix ?

Andy, just wanted to say that this mod is fantastic. Can you submit it to the MIUI Dev team for inclusion in the same way as you can submit to CM for their nightlies? I have two questions - firstly when I flashed this it overwrote the modded top bar battery images I had already flashed so I'm back to default green - as these are now png images in SystemUI.apk is there any way of flashing one of them (complete apk) without losing your mods or do I need to theme the SystemUI.apk in your zip before I flash it? And secondly, would there be any chance of you adding a new setting into Extended Mods for adjusting the transparency of the statusbar background? No worries if not, just thought it might me a nice feature ;) BTW, I'm and ex-Edinburgh/Fife man myself - nice to see some talent from north of the border here! Great job.

Andy, just wanted to say that this mod is fantastic. Can you submit it to the MIUI Dev team for inclusion in the same way as you can submit to CM for their nightlies? I have two questions - firstly when I flashed this it overwrote the modded top bar battery images I had already flashed so I'm back to default green - as these are now png images in SystemUI.apk is there any way of flashing one of them (complete apk) without losing your mods or do I need to theme the SystemUI.apk in your zip before I flash it? And secondly, would there be any chance of you adding a new setting into Extended Mods for adjusting the transparency of the statusbar background? No worries if not, just thought it might me a nice feature ;) BTW, I'm and ex-Edinburgh/Fife man myself - nice to see some talent from north of the border here! Great job.

Hi. Thanks for the compliments.. I'm not sure of the procedure when it comes to submitting mods for inclusion into the main ROM? Would feel a bit like blowing my own trumpet whcih I'm not very comfortable with.
Sorry you lost your Top-Bar changes. I think I'm right in saying that you could create a theme .mtz file with your .png's in and apply that via theme manager once you've applied this MOD? I'm sure the themers out there will correct me if I'm wrong.
I like your idea for adjusting the transparency but not sure how that would work? Wouldn't you need several .png's all with different levels of transparency?

Not sure, maybe. I've been theming for WinMo/CHT up until now and the way we'd have done something like this would be to add into the control script a 'lookup' to a registry entry containing a value to set transparency which would be changeable through the settings menu. But I understand that Android doesn't work like that so not sure how you'd do it for Android? Seems like as good a place as any to start learning again! So I guess the solution would be to add into the status bar script a lookup transparency setting for the status bar background image and then add the setting into the menus somewhere. If you'd care to help me learn how to go about this I'd be happy to listen/assist...

Hadn't thought of making .mtz's for the top battery colours - good idea! I haven't done this yet either but I am assuming that the mtz zip just has to contain the folder structure to mirror where the original png's are located? I'll ask for some advice over in the Theming forum...

im having a difficult time setting the time in the drop down notification bar, what format would i need to put so that the date and time appear as follows "July 18, 11:41am" currently its blank and it only shows "July 18," and using the format in the OP doesnt change anything.

EDIT: NVM guys, i figured out that it was a combination of settings i had that made it not show, specifically turn on hide carrier and turned off show custom carrier, thnx!

im having a difficult time setting the time in the drop down notification bar, what format would i need to put so that the date and time appear as follows "July 18, 11:41am" currently its blank and it only shows "July 18," and using the format in the OP doesnt change anything.

The format would be MMMM d, hh:mma or MMMM d, HH:mma

The second one is a 24 clock

Make sure you have the carrier hidden.

I'm going to change it with the next release so the drop down date is indepedent of the carrier setting. I just thought there wasn't enough room for the carrier and a date. But I guess that's not up to me to decide!!! :eek:)

The format would be MMMM d, hh:mma or MMMM d, HH:mma

The second one is a 24 clock

Make sure you have the carrier hidden.

I'm going to change it with the next release so the drop down date is indepedent of the carrier setting. I just thought there wasn't enough room for the carrier and a date. But I guess that's not up to me to decide!!! :eek:)

Thank you!

is there a way to see the date ALWAYS on the status bar with out the need to expand it ?
and if there is a way what should i write if i want to see it for example like this .... July 20.07.2011 Wednesday ?
same as for changing carrier name can i see what i changed to with out the need to expand status bar?

is there a way to see the date ALWAYS on the status bar with out the need to expand it ?
and if there is a way what should i write if i want to see it for example like this .... July 20.07.2011 Wednesday ?
same as for changing carrier name can i see what i changed to with out the need to expand status bar?

I'll maybe look into adding a date format option for the normal status bar if there's enough demand for it.
The carrier should appear on both the normal status bar and the expanded one but only if there are no notifications. So for example if you plug the usb cable in, the carrier will disappear to be replaced with the USB icon. That's nothing I've changed, that's just the way it works.

To get your requested date format, write MMMM dd.mm.yyyy EEEE

Hope this helps?

Is there a means to only hide the time on home/lock screen status bars?
For me at least the time is always unnecessary in those instances, but I'd love to still have access to it whilst in other apps.
(I have seen theme_values for the lock screen that will hide elements, so maybe that would just be easier)

I'll maybe look inot added a date format option for the normal status bar if there's enough demend for it.
The carrier should appear on both the normal status bar and the expanded one but only if there are no notifications. So for example if you plug the usb cable in the carrier will dissapear to be replaced with the USB icon. That's nothing I've changed, that's just the way it works.

To get your requested date format, write MMMM dd.mm.yyyy EEEE

Hope this helps?

hey man thnx allot it helped me understand how it works your explanation is right on spot !
i sure hope to see more people requesting seeing the date instead if carrier name on status bar always :) i find it to be much more useful we all know who is our carrier dont we ...
thnx allot for your great mod man keeping close to this thread :_

Awespme, awesome mod. I am using it on the IncS and although I love the MIUI UI, I love a clean taskbar so being able to remove carrier, USB debugging Notification, clock and customises the date is like heaven to me. Only "bug" I have noticed is if you don't put a date in for the lockscreen (so leave it blank) it leaves a little gap (see screenshots below). I do however love the idea of this if it is possible:

Is there a means to only hide the time on home/lock screen status bars?
For me at least the time is always unnecessary in those instances, but I'd love to still have access to it whilst in other apps.
(I have seen theme_values for the lock screen that will hide elements, so maybe that would just be easier)

Keep up the great work!

Just installed your mod and it works fine after first install (no need for second and third release this week). ;)
Thanks again

Sent from my HTC HD2 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Just installed your mod and it works fine after first install (no need for second and third release this week). ;)
Thanks again

That makes a nice change.. For you as well as me!!! :eek:)

And one more THANK YOU for wallpaper scroll mod. Excellent work.
Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.