[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT:

Found the panel, it was unsorted at bottom of go launcher app tray.
sorry!
I downloaded this and all my options from previous version came back. But there are no real options if I wanted to switch. The battery bar is all white, there's no option for carrier either.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
On MIUI4DX 1.9.9

andy the mods dont flash for me, even though there is siam support for lg g2x, but last week you uploaded a center 02x, and it worked on my g2x, all the other ones have never worked!

Just take the zip that worked and drag the latest .apks into it overwriting the one's that are there. I'm sure you can appreciate how hard it is to get something that works for every phone?

Andy, is there still a setting to disable the USB icon? Been looking but I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere...

Ok andy I figured out why the status bar on the lockscreen looks like that ..it's volume plus causing it

As far as extended settings n e one with nexus s 4g if u wanna flash last weeks ES and last weeks volume plus work on this weeks build :) ...flash at ur own risk of course and do a backup as well incase u hve issues

So far after a few hours of running last weeks mods with this weeks build I haven't had issues
Thnx andy for ur hard work !

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Great work Andy.
A feature I will like to see is icon label background, witch puts a dark transparent shadow over the icons name like in launcher pro. I cannot use any light wallpapers because the names of my apps get lost. hope you understand what Im saying.

Example : modmyi.com/attachments/forums/winterboard/419277d1264016967-icon-label-background-rounded-corners-opacity-img_0002.png.

Thank You

Neo 9 is pretty old isn't it? It should still work though. I'll load Neo on my phone and will try it.

Sorry, I should have been more specific-im on Neo 9 redux v5 which came before Neo 16 and 17. I'm using it on recommendation from the developer as being the most stable (Neo 16 and 17 are a it more experimental).

When I have a chance I will try out the latest kernel and report back to you. Thanks for taking the effort to flash another kernel to check it out!!

cheers

As far as extended settings n e one with nexus s 4g if u wanna flash last weeks ES and last weeks volume plus work on this weeks build :) ...flash at ur own risk of course and do a backup as well incase u hve issues

So far after a few hours of running last weeks mods with this weeks build I haven't had issues
Thnx andy for ur hard work !

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

just tried it. works fine. thanks.

Andy, is there still a setting to disable the USB icon? Been looking but I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere...

Hi. I removed that option. I thought the modded services.jar was causing issues with certain phones. Turned out that wasn't the case so I'll ad that option back in. Probably won't be until next week though.

Hi. I removed that option. I thought the modded services.jar was causing issues with certain phones. Turned out that wasn't the case so I'll ad that option back in. Probably won't be until next week though.

no need for editing that every week man!
i got a better solution for you :)
when you add this line in the build.prop
Code:
persist.adb.notify=0
you won't see the notification icon anymore
when you change it into
Code:
persist.adb.notify=1
you will see it again if you just add a writeline to your script
it is much easier and it is the android way for hiding it
the only thing is that you need to reboot before it will be applied

no need for editing that every week man!
i got a better solution for you :)
when you add this line in the build.prop
Code:
persist.adb.notify=0
you won't see the notification icon anymore
when you change it into
Code:
persist.adb.notify=1
you will see it again if you just add a writeline to your script
it is much easier and it is the android way for hiding it
the only thing is that you need to reboot before it will be applied

It works. Thanks man.

Great mod I finally tried on 1.8.12 (Droid X). Just tried swtched 1.9.9 and then centered 1.9.9, mounting system easy enough.

The status bar took the mod but i'm not finding the menu changes to modify the status bar.

Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Still can't mount /system on Motorola Milestone. The SIAM script isn't working corectly ):

how come wallpaper scrolling and icon text doesn't work for me? i want to turn them off but when i do it doesn't do it?
i tried reinstalling escenter 1.9.2, tried installing 1.9.9, and 1.8.26 nothing works...
any ideas?

+1 anyone have same prob?

No problems on my end. I have the latest MIUI rom (v1.9.9) and the latest Extended Settings and Volume rocker versions, and I haven't hit one hiccup yet (crossing fingers).

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

+1 anyone have same prob?

The only thing I can think of is the flash hasn't applied the latest changes? As you can see from other comments the Launcher settings are working as they should. Maybe try extracting the files from the zip and push the Launcher2.apk manually using ADB or maybe try manually mounting /system and /data then flash the zip. Hopefully one of those methods will work for you??

Great mod I finally tried on 1.8.12 (Droid X). Just tried swtched 1.9.9 and then centered 1.9.9, mounting system easy enough.

The status bar took the mod but i'm not finding the menu changes to modify the status bar.

Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The settings are now in a separate Application. Hopefully you should find the icon for it on one of your homescreens.

Still can't mount /system on Motorola Milestone. The SIAM script isn't working corectly ):

I agree that SIAM isn't perfect. If anyone can think of an alternative method of distributing this MOD please PM me. (One that doesn't involve making a zip for each device. I don't have the time or resources to maintain that) I'd love to get this working painlessly for everyone.

No problems on my end. I have the latest MIUI rom (v1.9.9) and the latest Extended Settings and Volume rocker versions, and I haven't hit one hiccup yet (crossing fingers).

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Glad it's working for you. Always nice to get positive feedback. There's an update coming tomorrow, hope you like the new additions. :eek:

Running last weeks mod on TripNMIUI for HTC Sensation, on my nook color, and my HTC Glacier and and it works perfectly on al of them! I REFUSE to run any MIUI on any device without this mod!
Excellent work! And btw the app is a nice touch. No need to go looking fir all the new settings all over the place. Love it

Sent from my TripNMIUI HTC Pyramid

I agree that SIAM isn't perfect. If anyone can think of an alternative method of distributing this MOD please PM me. (One that doesn't involve making a zip for each device. I don't have the time or resources to maintain that) I'd love to get this working painlessly for everyone.

Maybe you can explain in the OP how to manually mount /system. Because I don't know how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.