Mokee's Custom ROM Only CM 10.2 Now !!!

Hey Guys,

I'm a total noob to Android but over the past couple of hours I've learnt a lot thanks to Manohar. I was finally able to flash to Mokee's CM 10.2 with Crossbreeder and my Mi 2S ph is sooo quick! I ran Antutu and 3d Mark benchmarks: Antutu score came down from around 25500 ish to around 24500 ish but thats fine. The kicker is that in 3d Mark I got way better performance. It even beats the Moto X which is supposedly the best phone out there in terms of graphics performance (according to http://www.anandtech.com/show/7235/moto-x-review/8 )

Anyway I got 11082 on stock MIUI 3.8.3o (didn't bother with the extreme ice storm test) but on Mokee's CM 10.2 with crossbreeder mod and battery saver turned off I got 12058/7545 (normal/extreme) which is insane! I'm just going to stick with this ROM, it's amazing.

Glad to hear that i could help you bro ! ;)
But some people dont like me starting new threads or explaining basic things as they dont like noobs ! They forget one thing that they were also NOOBs once upon a time ! :cool:
Anyway, this is what i am happy with & what i expect in return for the amount of my precious time i spent contributing here !
Thanks a lot bro ! :D

Reactions: Shriram Raviraj
Me too Coldbird ! i am loving Mokee's ROM... it is so smooth & has useful customizations.....
Battery is same as MIUI .
I am using crossbreed MOD & battery saver pro along with it....
Even i dont feel like going back to MIUI / WIUI !!!

CrossBreeder doesn't work on 4.3.

Edit: I know you like to argue so:

idcrisis;45063721 said:
The reports are right. It seems that 4.3 doesn't use net.dns1 as the primary DNS server. Looking into it.

Currently no workaround.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using xda app-developers app

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: deini
CrossBreeder doesn't work on 4.3.

Edit: I know you like to argue so:

How do you know if it works? I've flashed it successfully (after rebooting, the system optimized my apps) and it seems to be working. Is there a way to confirm if it's working or not?

How do you know if it works? I've flashed it successfully (after rebooting, the system optimized my apps) and it seems to be working. Is there a way to confirm if it's working or not?

Read the quote above, The dev of CrossBreeder said it's not working on 4.3..

I didn't know that the quote was by the dev of CrossBreeder himself. He knows better, right?
However, and with no intention to question the dev, since I flashed the script I've noticed a reduction of battery drain while the phone is in idle state (which is my most important issue concerning this ROM). In two hours the battery percentage has fallen only by 1% whereas for the same time prior to the flashing of the script it would have fallen at least by 3-5% if not more. I am not sure if this is a placebo effect (it might be...), but I am satisfied with the result.

Hi, even i am using that script in Mokee's ROM.
I used Entropy check Random availability app just out of curiosity to see if this mod is really working or not & generating enough Entropy or not, to my surprise it it was showing a value of 4093-98. which means it is working...
If our feeling is wrong, what about the software values ? even the dev of crossbreeder has quoted in his post that to check the entropy, we can use cool stats or check random entropy availability for better assessment of the same values !
Dev doesnt know whether it works on 4.3 or not. it doesn't mean that it wont work on 4.3 right ? ;)

Reactions: dextructor
I won't go there... Just read the last 10 pages at XDA, It is not working for 100% of the 4.3 users
And even if you wish really hard it will not work for you.

But if you want to be right all the time then ok it's working! Good job!

Reactions: deini
I won't go there... Just read the last 10 pages at XDA, It is not working for 100% of the 4.3 users
And even if you wish really hard it will not work for you.

But if you want to be right all the time then ok it's working! Good job!

I really don't know how it works or in which version it works...
I also agree that i dont have that much technical knowledge than you in this issue.
I just told you what i observed....

Can you do one thing for me please ?
Flash Mokee's ROM latest
flash crossbreeder latest
check entropy levels using check random entropy availability app from play store....
if it shows 4098~ values, that means entropy mod is working.... immediately after flashing Mokee's ROM, i installed crossbreeder & checked. It is working & without this mod i am not getting values around 4098...

What better explanation you can give for this ?

Reactions: treiliert
+1
4096 rapid entropy value and normal battery life. (with Mokee's last update and Crossbreeder Mod)
If it really doesn't work, then we are dreaming... And to tell you my truth, I prefer this dream than the battery drain nightmare of the previews days.

You are talking only about the ad blocking issue....
we are talking about the crossbreeder mod as a whole !
Also AdAway app works on 4.3 !

CrossBreeder 1st and unique feature: DNS caching, parallelising and tether boost . A lot of the lag in a lot of apps, apart from the GUI lag, is due to slow DNS querying, specially on the mobile network.

CrossBreeder runs a caching, parallelising DNS client on the device. So now most of your DNS queries will be served from the cache and if not found, the query will be sent inin parallel to multiple DNS servers including the two Google DNS servers, the two L3 DNS servers and your two ISP servers and the quickest reply will be served to you, hot and transparently. You can read the rationale for this approach - http://ma.ttwagner.com/make-dns-fly-...q-all-servers/

This speeds up network access and networked apps, like Browsers of course, and Tapatalk, Gmail and thousands of others drastically. And removes a lot of the lag where it was due to DNS querying. This will not increase your network or download speed but pages will load much faster.

Entropy generator Is only one of the CrossBreeder features and probably the only one that is working for you.
So no, you are not
talking about the crossbreeder mod as a whole !

However,
If you guys feel that it is good for you-> use it!

Reactions: manohar and deini
Yup, I think medina is right. Even though the entropy thing works, what about JB 4.3 default TRIM functionality. Now that it's confirmed that DNS caching doesn't work, do we really need crossbreeder at all?

Yup, I think medina is right. Even though the entropy thing works, what about JB 4.3 default TRIM functionality. Now that it's confirmed that DNS caching doesn't work, do we really need crossbreeder at all?

I would recommend using Fly-On Mod.
It is fully compatible with 4.3
(Entropy included).

I would recommend using Fly-On Mod.
It is fully compatible with 4.3
(Entropy included).

Uhh sorry, I'm noob so please tell me- Do you install this fly on mod through cwm? do you need to wipe data/cache first?

Uhh sorry, I'm noob so please tell me- Do you install this fly on mod through cwm? do you need to wipe data/cache first?

Search for it at XDA, download ,flash (throw CWM) and reboot.

!!Read first post on XDA thread before.
Understand what are you flashing and how to use it!!

I did. 2 Questions though-
1) It says that the ROM needs to support init.d, and I'm guessing Mokee's CM 10.2 does?
2) Would Stock Fly-on mod work fine to flash or need a custom one for this ROM?

I did. 2 Questions though-
1) It says that the ROM needs to support init.d, and I'm guessing Mokee's CM 10.2 does?
2) Would Stock Fly-on mod work fine to flash or need a custom one for this ROM?

1. I don't know, I'm not using this ROM but you can verify it yourself.
(CrossBreeder also need modified init.rc to fully work btw so...)

2. If you do have init.d support You need to flash Fly-on mod beta 4
And SQLite 4.3

Reactions: Shriram Raviraj