My Experience In Bootloader Unlocking

DBdesmo

Members
Jan 8, 2016
Dear all,
I would like to share with you my experience in unloking bootloader process after nougat update.
I applied for the unlock authorization at least 1 year ago and I recieved the approval SMS after becoming a diamond member and after 1 month from the request.

I unlocked many redmi note 3 mtk devices without any problem but not my 1 and half year old Mi4c because I never installed ROM with locked bootloader.

Last week I decided to upgrade to nougat, sure to do not have any problem concerning the unlocking process. Once installed a fresh Miui 7.2.23 dev I registered my Mi Account, I activated the debug USB option and allowed the unlock OEM. I rebooted in Fastboot mode then started the MiFlashunlock, I inserterd my Mi account, the same of the Phone, started the process and after few seconds the process was stuck at 50% with the error: Courrent account is different from the account info device.

I started to read a lot of discussion in this forum and in others forum and I found a solution for win10 to change the kedacom driver or to wait some days due to the update of the Xiaomi server. But in other forum I found also that the server is updated once a day so why I have to wait a week?
I use a pc with windows 7 and I haven't the Kedacom driver but I started to think was also a problem of driver in windows 7 and at the end I find my solution here descripted.

1. download the google adb driver for windows 8 (I used the one in softpedia called Google Android ADB Interface Driver 8.0.0.0 for Windows 8/Windows 8.1)
2. download the driver for qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008, please google it.
3. download and instal minimal Fastboot and adb, please google it.
4. start the phone in fastboot mode
5. change the installed adb driver manually selecting the .inf file downloaded in the point 1 and when a list of driver will appear select the second one.
6. start the edl mode typing "fastboot oem edl" (google it if you don't know how to do) the screen of the phone will become black, don't panic.
7. in the list of peripheral device you shold find a not installed qualcomm hs-usb peripheral. You must install it by manually selecting the .inf file downloaded in the point 2. a big list of driver will be open, select qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008.
8. reboot the phone in fastboot mode and start MiFlashUnlock tool.

Now the process should go to 100%.

This solution worked well for me. I hope will you so.
Remember, do it at your own risk, This is the description of my experience. I'm not responsible for any problem to your stuff.

Can't directly use xiaomi.eu? or should use China Developer ROM?
btw, thanks for your help
I don't know, in order to remove a possible variable in the process I preferred to use a stock miui China dev.

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk