No Response After Unlocking The Screen + Ads

AdrianSeme

Members
Jan 31, 2017
Hey guys!

Maybe somebody among you had this too. It happens frequently that I leave an app such as Whatsapp or Facebook open (not only in background but straightforward on the screen, as last thing I see before locking it), I lock the screen and then when I unlock it back there's no response from whatever app was open at the time I locked. I must necessarily push the home button and then the relative app icon to open it back.

Such problem happens since Saturday or Sunday. The phone has from 2 to 2 and 1/2 months usage. Bought on Gearbest, still has the ads problem, a friend told me recently that it's due to the rom.

Any idea about the first issue? Any link for an explanation on how to install the adequate rom?

Thanks in advance and greetings!!

Hi Krisenax. Mine says MIUI Global 8.0 | Stable 8.0.10.0(LHOMIDD).

Update: both issues seem to be linked, the lack of response happens in fact after an ad appears as well, not only after unlocking (though it's probable that the issue depends exclusively from the ad, as many times ads appear instantly after unlocking the screen too).... if i push the bottom left button which opens the list of those apps that are open in background, the ad compares open in SC Weather, the phone has this as default weather app and therefore the user is not allowed to uninstall it.

I downloaded the developer rom from the MIUI website, unluckily the Updater refuses its installation. I first copied the rom into a folder in the internal storage and then tried to launch it with the Updater, the outcome is a message saying "can't verify update, couldn't verify update package". I extracted the folder then to see if the problem related to this, but then I couldn't even select the folder, instead I could open it and see the files that it contained.... and there's no file to be launched there.

Somebody has an idea about how to manage it?

try to flash a fastboot rom via miflash. after that you can unlock your bootloader and install twrp and xiaomi.eu rom. google should bring up some guides for fastbootrom. dont forget to do a full backup to your computer before you start.
good luck

Hi Illumino, thanks for answering. I'm quite sure you inverted first 2 steps. On en miui com beside flashing tool link it's stated that I need to unlock bootloader first, I applied for it yesterday. Only then I should proceed with flashing the rom right?

I add another doubt up. Mi PC Suite doesn't see my smartphone even if connected via usb, does it happen due to the bootloader lock?

I add another doubt up. Mi PC Suite doesn't see my smartphone even if connected via usb, does it happen due to the bootloader lock?
that also happens on xiaomi.eu rom. i think it is a bug of mi pc suite. it did work with official xiaomi rom though.
as for fastboot flash: i'm not sure if you need to unlock the bootloader first but im pretty sure that you can't unlock if you are not on an offical rom.
mby some more research would be good as nobody else is posting here. i think there are some older threads here in the redmi 3 forum to the same topic.

That's awkward but today Mi PC Suite works, with its only restriction not to let a backup on PC.

Unluckily I already checked many of those threads and found several contradictory recommendations. On http://en.miui.com/a-234.html it is stated to unlock bootloader first (just beside the first link). Another website, http://xiaomitips.com/guide/unlock-redmi-note-3-bootloader/, says that if I'm managing the Qualcomm version (as I'm) I can unlock it on MIUI Global Stable Rom... and unfortunately I cannot understand the meaning of this.

Yes just found it. Now I need to gain some experience, hopefully through some youtube tutorials, as I'm not familiar with MiFlash.... til now I tried just to open it and browse but it only sees folders, instead if the phone is connected via Usb the software finds a file called dbedf0c4.

Ok found one, this one recommends to use fastboot in EDL (Emergency Download mode), as for it I need to, in order:

connect the smartphone via usb to pc
launch fastboot
launch a downloaded file called edl.cmd (from fastboot_edl.zip)

After these 3 steps I should put a Rom in an extracted folder and flash it, but I actually don't know which one. Mine actual is MIUI Global 8.0 | Stable 8.0.10.0(LHOMIDD), and my initial purpose was to get to the Developer Rom Version: 7.1.19 (MIUI8). Could you enlight me about it?

My Redmi got unlocked yesterday, and today I'm trying to manage it. MiFlash finds the phone, but after selecting the new Rom and pressing on "flash" the result is an error saying "file flash_all_except_storage.bat cannot be found". I found a thread about this kind of issue but everyone has its own solution. Somebody recommended to copy the new Rom still unzipped to the phone storage (precisely to the root folder, there is no one in the storage called "root" or similar so I copied it into MIUI) and then to run the recovery mode via Updater or switching phone off and pressing power and vol+.... the mode doesn't start, the phone frame appears on the screen with the usb cabel that attaches when I connect it to PC and unattaches when I disconnect. Some other guy wrote that there should be a file .bat inside the Rom directory called flash_all_except_data_storage and to delete "data", but there's no such a file. The Rom has been downloaded from the official MIUI site.

My Redmi got unlocked yesterday, and today I'm trying to manage it. MiFlash finds the phone, but after selecting the new Rom and pressing on "flash" the result is an error saying "file flash_all_except_storage.bat cannot be found". I found a thread about this kind of issue but everyone has its own solution. Somebody recommended to copy the new Rom still unzipped to the phone storage (precisely to the root folder, there is no one in the storage called "root" or similar so I copied it into MIUI) and then to run the recovery mode via Updater or switching phone off and pressing power and vol+.... the mode doesn't start, the phone frame appears on the screen with the usb cabel that attaches when I connect it to PC and unattaches when I disconnect. Some other guy wrote that there should be a file .bat inside the Rom directory called flash_all_except_data_storage and to delete "data", but there's no such a file. The Rom has been downloaded from the official MIUI site.
the "root" directory refers to the toplevel of your internal memory (no subfolder). on a windows pc it would be C:/

seems like you cant get into recovery mode. you can verify that by opening the updater app, press on the 3 dots and chose boot into recovery. it should then start mi recovery

btw. i just saw that miui has guides flashing roms in system, recovery or fastbootmode on their download site: http://en.miui.com/a-232.html

It's done, I don't even know how I overcame the issue as I tried many things desperately. Bootloader unlocked, then simply flashed the purposed Rom with MiFlash on fastboot mode....

Thank you very much Illumino for support ;)