Invalid No third-party launcher animations are working - It's time this issue was resolved

mfiresix

Members
Nov 1, 2019
No third party animations are working (since a long time) (when swiping to close apps) but the Poco launcher and that only works if going to settings-Home screen-Default launcher and selecting System launcher then again the Poco launcher.
Also when installing any launcher it displays over the System launcher (even though is set to default) until after a reboot.
Can a developer look into and maybe fix this?
Thank you.

No third party animations are working (since a long time) (when swiping to close apps) but the Poco launcher and that only works if going to settings-Home screen-Default launcher and selecting System launcher then again the Poco launcher.
Also when installing any launcher it displays over the System launcher (even though is set to default) until after a reboot.
Can a developer look into and maybe fix this?
Thank you.
No idea what this is about. If you want System launcher closed after selecting a different default launcher, you have to Force close it.

I can force close the system launcher but after a reboot the animations will not work anymore. Maybe if I freeze the system launcher? Will try and report back...

It seems I cannot freeze the system launcher. I tried with Link2SD and Titanium Backup and the first one (Link2SD) does nothing and second (Titanium) says it has been frozen but in reality it also does nothing.

It seems I cannot freeze the system launcher. I tried with Link2SD and Titanium Backup and the first one (Link2SD) does nothing and second (Titanium) says it has been frozen but in reality it also does nothing.
Don't know what animations you're talking about...

I too tried Nova Launcher. The app closing animation with Nova (for ex.) is it fades from the middle. With the stock launcher it bounces back into the icon from where it was opened. Will try to make a video showing what I mean.
Edit: Video showing what I mean - here.

Last edited:
I too tried Nova Launcher. The app closing animation with Nova (for ex.) is it fades from the middle. With the stock launcher it bounces back into the icon from where it was opened. Will try to make a video showing what I mean.
Am I getting you right, you want to use a different launcher, but want to keep the animations from standard launcher??? - No Sir, that wont work, I guess!
If you use Nova Launcher you use it's animations, why should it be different?

The app closing animation with Nova (for ex.) is it fades from the middle. With the stock launcher it bounces back into the icon from where it was opened.
You gotta be kidding me...
Why would you get animations implemented in the stock launcher on a third-party launcher?
Of course it bounces back into the icon from where it was opened, because that's how the stock launcher was programmed to work.

• Haha
Reactions: Anton_Menov
Because those animations don't belong to any launcher. They are part of Android 10. Android 10 has those app closing animations. Also, with the Poco Launcher animations work but not until selecting the stock launcher and Poco back again - video here.

You gotta be kidding me...
Why would you get animations implemented in the stock launcher on a third-party launcher?
Of course it bounces back into the icon from where it was opened, because that's how the stock launcher was programmed to work.
Why would you mark the issue as "invalid" when it's clearly an issue...Also, did you see my last video?

Why would you mark the issue as "invalid" when it's clearly an issue...Also, did you see my last video?
Those animations are part of Android 10? I've never seen it on MIUI then. Not sure where you got that info from, but it's up to the launcher to implement that.

Nevermind. I checked with users of the Global ROM and they are having the same issue. So I guess it's Xiaomi's implementation. And it up to the developers at Xiaomi to implement it sine otherwise you won't.