[OBSOLETE] Updating Modem, Bluetooth and DSP! ~~~ Without triggering ARP on WHYRED!

John O Connell

Members
Jul 22, 2016
[OBSOLETE] @yshalsager As of 8.8.16 flashable TWRP non ARB Firmware now available see thread.

Updating Modem, Bluetooth and DSP! ~~~ Without triggering ARP on WHYRED!

For anyone on customs rom and need to updated the above partitions?

The commands to flash them in fastboot are: -

Code:
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
fastboot flash dsp dspso.bin
pause

I just created a bat file (windows) with the above content.

Al I need do in future is download a firmware from here, extract the three files and place the bat file in the same folder, and run it.
^^^ Note I have adb/fastboot setup with a global path in windows.

Haven't tested in operation yet but in theory should work. I'm on 8.7.5 Beta firmware at present and see no need to update until the custom rom in use requires update files.

Above 3 files have been reported safe to flash (XDA), without effecting the bootloader, so not to trigger ARP.

First two files are self explained.

DSP (Digital Signal Processor)

[INFO] ANDROID DEVICE PARTITIONS and FILESYSTEMS

@ingbrzy Maybe you could provide away, that roms would include the above three files?

Attached is a sample bat file, just remove the .txt from the end of the file name.

Edit: - Edited the batch file to include a "pause", in case you double click instead of running in CMD/POWERSHELL window.

Attachments

• fw-flash.bat.txt
    105 bytes · Views: 628
Last edited:
here is the flashable zip with latest 8.8.9 fw files.

this worked for me but this is for Testing only. !!

its the same zip downloaded from the sources linked here, i have just removed most of the lines in the updater script and repacked the files.

https://cloud.it-kraut.net/s/2XfCdSZGHkFr2BY

please give feedback

this should be easy to script , so we wont need a pc / fastboot for an update

@muhviehstarr Had a look at your script, looks safe enough.

If anyone wants to test it.

If your going to do this on a regular basis, maybe label the zips with what firmware there from.

Edit: - Any maybe start a thread on XDA, giving credit to yshalsager for using his zips as your starting point.
Plus use a more well known hosting platform for the files.

Last edited:
thank you John.

regular it will be named like the Original Version.

also remove uneeded files will reduce the Zip a lot

hope to get some time to script next week

then i will ooen a xda thread etc

Hello.

Some days ago I unlocked my Whyred (arb anti 4) flashed twrp and xiaomi.eu 8.10.11 over official global stable 10.0.1.0.

It seems wifi is a bit less efficient, less stable and sometime slow.
Does xiaomi.eu rom contains last firmware and will it be updated with newer versions?
As Xiaomi.eu is based on China dev, should I flash non arb global dev firmware ?

I must admit those arb things make me a bit nervous about flashing...

Thanks a lot in advence.