OLIVE vs OLIVE_EEA, warranty after unlocking the bootloader and xiaomi.eu ROMs?

kaniqury

Members
Jul 19, 2020
Hello!
I recently bought a Redmi 8, it came with a Global ROM that I updated to MIUI 11.0.7.0 which shows up as the latest version. I'm in EU, and the code name shows up as OLIVE_EEA in the Hidden Settings app.
What are the differences between the OLIVE and OLIVE_EEA variants?
Is this device compatible with regular olive roms, recoveries and other tools?

Also, I just did some googling and it appears that unlocking the bootloader on this device and loading custom software should not void the warranty as long as i don't screw up and end up bricking my device in the process, is this accurate?
How is the ram management on xiaomi.eu roms? Still as aggressive as on stock? I had to jump through quite a lot of hoops just to have a working clock widget.
Do i need the firmware updater with the xiaomi.eu ROM?

Last edited:
Hello!
I recently bought a Redmi 8, it came with a Global ROM that I updated to MIUI 11.0.7.0 which shows up as the latest version. I'm in EU, and the code name shows up as OLIVE_EEA in the Hidden Settings app.

What are the differences between the OLIVE and OLIVE_EEA variants?
Is this device compatible with regular olive roms, recoveries and other tools?
EEA is the european reference for this global rom. No worry.
This phone is the standard european version you can buy from the local shop and it fully compatible with all available tools.
You can move to EU rom that is better debloated but you must unlock your bootloader prior.

EEA is the european reference for this global rom. No worry.
This phone is the standard european version you can buy from the local shop and it fully compatible with all available tools.
You can move to EU rom that is better debloated but you must unlock your bootloader prior.
Thank you very much for your answer!

Last edited: