other rom variants????

n1newbie

Members
Dec 7, 2011
hi guys. this is my first post.
i have been reading news abt mi2 for some time now. m really blown away by its specs given its price range is half to other high end phones :D . also m a huge fan of miui and currently using miui gb on nexus one for almost 6 months now :cool: .
now my question is will i be able to try out other rom varaints like aosp,aokp,cm,pa etc or to put it simple will we get to see the devs making these roms for mi2. i am worried cos miui is not completely open and the kernel source code is not released. this is the only thing thats holdin me back :(

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I dont think xiaomi will open the kernel source any time soon so don't buy if you want the ROMs from different developers on this phone. But i would like to point out that xiaomi also have a stock version of JLB 4.1.1, clean and simple. Its build by xiaomi not by any other developer. other than that i dont know any ROM for Mi2 at the moment.

I dont think xiaomi will open the kernel source any time soon so don't buy if you want the ROMs from different developers on this phone. But i would like to point out that xiaomi also have a stock version of JLB 4.1.1, clean and simple. Its build by xiaomi not by any other developer. other than that i dont know any ROM for Mi2 at the moment.
thanx for ur info. by stock do you mean pure aosp? what are the differences between the stock n miui versions in terms of stability,functionality...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Off-topic (sort of):

hadron, I know is probably not the place but anyway: is there an ICS stock version for Xiaomi Mi-1 the same way there's a stock 4.1 for Mi-2? Could you give me a link? Thanks!

Reactions: AirieFenix
Yes, I tried to use it for four or five days, but it has just a couple of bugs that make it unusable in a daily basis. But I'm quite impressed anyway, there're just two or three major bugs that need a fix ASAP, so I assume in a couple of releases will be stable enough for a daily usage (of course, with an acceptable risk).
Would you like to share the bugs you encountered? this way it would be faster to fix them.

Would you like to share the bugs you encountered? this way it would be faster to fix them.

Sorry for the delay, my work kept me busy these days.

Of course I can share them, the problem is I already remove Jelly Bean so I have no current access to give details about those bugs. Also, I won't be able to post logs. Anyway, I'd be glad to help. Is there a bug track/thread or something to share bugs?

In summarize, my experience was overall good but there were three major bugs: 1) Once locked, the screen doesn't turn on again (the touch buttons' lights do turn on). Occurrence of 10% (more or less). 2) Some apps, specially those that play videos (MX Video Player, Chrome within a site with mp4 vids, even YouTube) got artifacts and you should reset the phone (problem with the video decoder driver module?). 3) GPS doesn't work, although I discover reading the logs that a library is missed, most likely I had installed the Gapps wrong. Alos happened to me that some apks can't be installed (neither manually nor from Play) because a lack on some libs (again, could be I installed Gapps the wrong way).

And some other minor hiccups: notification LED doesn't work with some apps, volume rocker sometimes doesn't work (just sometimes). In fact, if the three main issues were solved, the ROM is quite awesome, specially in terms of speed (mother mercy, ICS seems slow in comparison). Greetings!

Reactions: hadron
I just bought a Mi2 :)
However we don't really need kernel source for building roms. It would just be nice2have.
I'll try building Cyanogenmod as soon as I get it(at lest 10days).

Reactions: hadron
I just bought a Mi2 :)
However we don't really need kernel source for building roms. It would just be nice2have.
I'll try building Cyanogenmod as soon as I get it(at lest 10days).

Hi M1cha,

Keep me informed when you try to build CM for the Xiaomi :)

:)