Panarama not working since Mi 11

john7

Members
Aug 3, 2019
Since the update to MIUI 11 on my phone ,Mi 9, panorama has stopped working. You press the “button” it clicks and takes a single image. I got it to do something once, a blur of multiple single images. This is a pity as I had used panorama often. I contacted support (8th November) and heard absolutely nothing back. This is my first smart phone so I am disappointed both with the problem and apparently total lack of support for the phone
Ideas on what to do to get it working are very wellcom, I have done a reset which did nothing.

Last edited:
Since the update to MIUI 11 on my phone ,Mi 9, panorama has stopped working. You press the “button” it clicks and takes a single image. I got it to do something once, a blur of multiple single images. This is a pity as I had used panorama often. I contacted support (8th November) and heard absolutely nothing back. This is my first smart phone so I am disappointed both with the problem and apparently total lack of support for the phone
Ideas on what to do to get it working are very wellcom, I have done a reset which did nothing.
Works fine for me, unless it's the stitching quality that you questioned (indeed, it's bad, that's why I purchase P360 app):
View attachment PANO.jpg
* resized with ImageMagick to 5MB due to original size being over 30MB!

Support finally got back today, had me do a reset, took much of the day geting evry thing back working. Panorama still not working after all the messing about. Its not the quality, its just not taking more than one imige. I tried the 360 app and all it did was spent time focuing the camera not actually going any further than that. Linked to other problem, but all other sorts of photoes are OK

Last edited:
Support finally got back today, had me do a reset, took much of the day geting evry thing back working. Panorama still not working after all the messing about. Its not the quality, its just not taking more than one imige. I tried the 360 app and all it did was spent time focuing the camera not actually going any further than that. Linked to other problem, but all other sorts of photoes are OK
If P360 can't even take panorama, then it might be something deeper in the system, whatever it is, as it's a 3rd party app that should've nothing to do with MIUI camera app, but it will use the same base library for taking the photostreams.

Photaf free was OK, pro no good. hopfully a update cat some stage will over write the poroblem as clearly support are not going to be of any use at all.