Invalid Please help: No sound / video and screen recording on Mi 10. MAJOR BUG WARNING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewMi10

Members
Nov 23, 2021
Hello Xiaomi Community!
Recently I encountered a major bug while using the built in screen recorder app on my Xiaomi Mi 10 phone. After using it twice (while having the system sounds option selected in the settings page of the app) my phone now no longer plays any sounds of any kinds be it youtube, calls, rigtones, messages, anything... On top of that I can no longer record videos on my phone, as it automatically closes the camera app when I select it. Additionally, I cannot use the screen recorder if the settings are set to either mic or system sounds, but works just fine on having the "mute" option selected. I tried clearing the cache of both the camera app and the screen recorder app, factory reset my phone but none of them worked so far and I'm getting a little concerned now. I supposedly reported the bug, via clicking the cpu option 6 times and thus generating an automated bug report zip which in theory sends itself to xiaomi. The things is, I have no idea whether they actually received it or when they'll reply or fix it if they did, but its a pretty major bug and I found no solution for it on the internet. I live in Hungary and my phone as MIUI 12.5.5.0 Stable on it, global version, and every app is up to date. Any suggestions/ideas? I really need to fix this fast because I cannot perform simple daily tasks with my phone, and I cannot afford a new one nor a repair. Also, no idea on how CIT works and whether it can fix my problems, but I'll take any answers and possible solutions you guys have.
Thanks,
Andrew

Little update: Voice recorder says: "Sound recorder error: Check if another app is currently using the recording feature"

Status
Not open for further replies.