New Post Miui 8 Intallation - Xiaomi Mi4

omnid

Members
Jun 20, 2016
Hi guys,

after miui 8 upgrade (still on 6.6.23) these are my annoying bugs:

• sporadic random phone restarts (Wi-fi on/off, umts on/off, chargin/not chargin)
  • Battery flies like a bird (With everything turned off)
  • over heats with screen off and apps closed, not chargin
  • bluetooth button with big delay
  • crazy gprs, sometimes fixs signal quicly, other times have to restart phone
  • facebook app loses internet connection over mobile data or wi-fi
  • freedcam and *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* fcs with some adjusts
I believe these all can't be just natural stuff. Probably my installation steps weren't the greatest!

[EDIT] I forgot to add one thing. Every number I got that starts with 911... it won't show the name and pic of my contact, it presents me with a emergency call! Which is cool though. The first time that happened I was thinking why on earth is emergency center calling me. But nah, was just my cousin.

Share your thoughts with me.

Last edited:
Hey! I have a Mi4 too and have been facing the same problems. I have now updated to Smiui 8 rom based on 6.7.14 , all I can say is gps is stable now ,everything else is still a problem. My phone reboots 3-4 times a day. And drains around 20% battery overnight,with all radios switched off. I didn't think there will be that many bugs in the beta version. I'm thinking of switching back to a stable rom. Can anyone name any rom which didn't have these problems or any other. In short does anyone has any opinion about which is the most stable rom for Mi4 , it cant be any (miui 6/7/8)

I was on 7 and all was perfect! For me the major issue now is switching back to any of those versions. I've been using 8 for a month now and there's some features that I just can't live without, too attached.

Reactions: Vinayak s
I was on 7 and all was perfect! For me the major issue now is switching back to any of those versions. I've been using 8 for a month now and there's some features that I just can't live without, too attached.
Thanks! True. Miui 8 is bold on features. I however need the daily battery so will consider rolling back to miui 7.
Thanks!

Miui 8 is showing some Good Features, but I feel its little bit slow.
Yeah.. Like when you see the apps that are running. And when you're full of messages and your call log is long you notice some lag in the machine..

Miui 8 is showing some Good Features, but I feel its little bit slow.
Yaa I've seen that too. Earlier (on miui 7, i guess) I used to have 2.1g of free ram after rebooting my phone and 1.5-1.6g used to be my average available ram at most times.
Now I get 1.7 on reboot and an average of 1.3 with 2-3 apps running.
It drops to 600-700mb available ram when I put my phone to my normal usage extent.