Problem after the replacement of the Display [Proximity sensor, camera focus]

exactly.
If you mount the device without removing the rubber camera module socket, the distance between the lens and the glass will be higher.

Working!!

Thanks. If only I could get the proximity sensor to work now.

for the proximity sensor, see the video on page 1
For me, it worked

Hi!
I see the Internet many people with the same problems after changing the Mi2S screen.
I think nice if someone with more fluency in English compile this post with all the tips early on.
would certainly be one of the main posts of hardware repairs

Mleo ...

Eu li mas não entendi direito..

Eu desmontei e a borracha da tela nao estava na camera, e sim preso "no visor" .. igual a suas fotos.

Eu tenho que remover essa borracha, tirar do celular ?

ou só colocar ela de volta fixada na camera ?!

Remove ela do case, coloca a borracha sobre o módulo da câmera, ela vai encaixar certinho. Depois é só montar tudo novamente. Essa borracha tem de ficar recobrindo o módulo, e não solta no encaixe da tampa traseira.
Testa lá e posta aqui o resultado

Eu coloquei ela na camera, encaixou certinho ..

liguei o celular e o foco continua a não funcionar.

Eu clico na tela querendo puxar o foco, mas é como se não existisse... fica bem embaçado.

1- Tem posição certa para colcoar a borracha ? ( pois parece ter tamanho simétrico, acho que tanto faz né)
2- Pode ter haver com alguma configuração ? Acabei de atualizar para ultima versão ... 15.2.6

EDIT1: Abri o celular e a borracha esta presa novamente na case.

Problem solved . It was necessary to put rubber that was stuck in the case in place , it was also necessary to remove the camera completely, perform a clean rubber and reconnect the flat cables . With that , everything returned to normal. Thank Mleo

Reactions: Mleo
Hi,

my friend and I had to change screen on Mi2s, bur his proximity sensor after change isn't working (mine is so far OK). He says that all worked for about two weeks and since then proximity sensor stopped working. He now has problems using phone in calls since the screen and touch are active while phone is on call.

We tried yesterday tips form posts on first page, as described in posted video but it didn't work. When we compared mine and his screen it is visible that his screen has somewhat larger holes where proximity sensor is. So we tried tip from video and put some tape where we made smaller holes but with no effect. When using proximity sensor test and calibration (on dial typing '*#*#MIUI#*#*', and then choosing point 5) his sensor shows or zero (0,00) or there is no reading at all (nothing, even 0,00 does not show), which is weird. When I go to this menu there is reading little above 5 when the proximity sensor is free, and it comes to 0 when I put something on sensor. When we tried my screen on his phone it all works OK.

What bothers us is this: if the statement in video tip is true, and the holes for sensor are too big (on his screen these are bigger than on mine...) his reading should be bigger than mine (which is about 5) what is opposite of what we read. When we tried to make these holes nothing changed. In this video tip there is something about that this smaller holes should let less light in. I tried to put flash light directly on the sensor, with and without tape modification and there were no difference in reading. So we concluded that proximity sensor does not work on light. When you look on sensor on motherboard it has two parts, I guess one is emitter and other must be receiver, and I guess it operates in infrared. If someone has more info on how to solve this issue we would be very grateful, since we are now sure that sensor is working but there is some issue with his screen. Another thing about his replacement screen: when compared my replacement screen and his not are the holes for proximity sensor on his bigger, but this section on his screen has somewhat different color. Where mine screen has violet color his is somewhat bluish... Could this be a problem that no 'good' light is coming to receiver? And how to solve it...?

Thanks!

My English is very bad, and did not quite understand what you said.
But as you have two devices, and a proximity sensor works and the other does not.
Swap screen. put your on your friend's device. so you find out if the problem is the sensor module or the screen.
If the problem is in the module, will be tricky because I did not find the sale.
If the problem is truly on the screen, redo the procedure because it works

Hi Mleo,

I have problems understanding what you write too... :D Just kidding. It's OK, English isn't my native language also, but I think we will manage it somehow...

As I wrote in my previous post, we changed screens and his phone works perfectly with mine screen, so proximity sensor on his motherboard is OK. It's some problem with his replacement screen (size of holes for sensor, or this somewhat different color on this part of screen).

We have yesterday tried this solution from video many times, for sure 10 times, and it didn't work. So I'm somewhat skeptical how that for someone it works and for us it doesn't...

I suspect that this blue color on part of the screen where sensor is located causes our problems. Can someone confirm/verify what color this part should be: violet or blue? Perhaps I can in some days disassemble his and mine screen and post photos here.

Good that we is able to communicate.
I had a problem with the status LED. I think you have a similar problem.
The screen I bought has a black paint on the bottom. This painting would not let the LED brightness pass.
The solution was to remove the paint with the end of a pin.
I think it might work with your problem.
Turning a flashlight you need to clearly see the light on the opposite side.

@Fonzy_84
I have the same issue with my proximity sensor after frame + lcd + touch replacement and i solved after weeks and weeks of google surfing :)
The problem is that the proximity sensor holder of the original frame doesn't work properly on an new frame so you must "manufacture" your own holder.
I use some iphone and samsung youtube videos to take some ideas and it work perfect now.
Maybe this video helps
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi fellows.
Crushed somhow corner of my Mi2. As results two top lines (icon size) not responding to touch.

Just done it, like on the video with my cheap replacement screen (display with digitizer and frame for 26 GBP). Now only drawback is that bottom backlit is wisible when on dark/blackish screen. But mainly is not visible when on colour screen diplay.

Bought it from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271691242087?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
its far from oryginal but will last (i recon) for next year or two. As much i like new gadgets - i am not a moron to spend few hundret quid every year.
My Mi2 fully functional again - but will see for how long with this cheap replacement. fingers crossed.

Update - after few weeks - new cheep screen replacement developed ghost touch issues- i ask seller to send new one or refund money. He sent new one but without the frame and with mini connection belt torn- unfortunately he was gone from ebay. So i Lost that money.
However 2 weeks ago i received another one from Aliexpress - and all working fine so far. Quality is good at least - good enough for me to see any problems. (Maybe was lucky this time - will see)

here is link to the product:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-xiaomi-2-MI2-2S-LCD-Display-touch-Screen-Digitizer-For-xiao-mi-m2s-mi2s-mi2/32359814060.html

Just came to me- first screen replacement didn't have any protective surface at the back of the screen - only metalic - while new one,has-
perhaps there was some short circut causing ghost touches???

Last edited:
Hi Mleo,

I have problems understanding what you write too... :D Just kidding. It's OK, English isn't my native language also, but I think we will manage it somehow...

As I wrote in my previous post, we changed screens and his phone works perfectly with mine screen, so proximity sensor on his motherboard is OK. It's some problem with his replacement screen (size of holes for sensor, or this somewhat different color on this part of screen).

We have yesterday tried this solution from video many times, for sure 10 times, and it didn't work. So I'm somewhat skeptical how that for someone it works and for us it doesn't...

I suspect that this blue color on part of the screen where sensor is located causes our problems. Can someone confirm/verify what color this part should be: violet or blue? Perhaps I can in some days disassemble his and mine screen and post photos here.
If you still have that problem: I wrote a sensor HAL wrapper that emulates the Proximity using the light sensor. Needs some fine tuning but at least the screen doesn't stay black anymore :)

Oh, and also, the replacement digitizer becomes unresponsive when the phone is anything warmer than cool. Can anyone suggest what might be causing that issue?

well after successfully repleacing my screen - after some time it started going crazy - like ghost touching the screen. All over the place. Question is it the faulty screen or some other issue. ??
Have other phone now but wish to fix it and give the phone to my goddaughter

well after successfully repleacing my screen - after some time it started going crazy - like ghost touching the screen. All over the place. Question is it the faulty screen or some other issue. ??
Have other phone now but wish to fix it and give the phone to my goddaughter
I have problem with ghost touches too. But is it going on CM from time to time, but with (s)MIUI it is going crazy almost instantly. Turn off and on display usually helps... Somebody solved this issue?

I have problem with ghost touches too. But is it going on CM from time to time, but with (s)MIUI it is going crazy almost instantly. Turn off and on display usually helps... Somebody solved this issue?

Yea i figured that switching off/on sometimes help, but not always.
Wondered is it miui version issue that somehow interact with new screen (cheap - about 40-50$.)

Is there anybody who replaced screen without issue?
Could somebody recommend good seller (for Europe) with a good screen without ghost touches for reasonable price? Thx :)