Qfp-service Battery Drain

Hi guys. I have a problem with my Mi5S with Xiaomi.eu 7.1.20 ROM.
After few days of usage I noted a strange battery drain, especially when the phone is in idle.
Looking for the reason of this drain I found that qfp-service (fingerprint sensor) is doing hundreds of wakelocks, here some screen.

Anyone else with this problem? Is this a bug or an hardware problem?
Any possibility to solve it?

I already done a clean flash of the ROM, but nothing changed.

I noticed qfp-service wakelocks when monitoring with Better Battery Stats so have been using Amplify (which requires Xposed ) to limit this. My current setting in Amplify is to allow it every 720 seconds. I haven't noticed any worse performance from the fingerprint sensor as a result.

According to my Amplify stats, wakelock time blocked for this service to date is nearly 19 hours, with 2.75 hours allowed. It's by far the biggest contributor in my wakelock restricted list that I can see.

I'm not sure exactly how much battery life I'm saving but did notice an improvement after limiting this and others. I'm currently using the Xiaomi.eu 7.1.12 ROM.

I noticed qfp-service wakelocks when monitoring with Better Battery Stats so have been using Amplify (which requires Xposed ) to limit this. My current setting in Amplify is to allow it every 720 seconds. I haven't noticed any worse performance from the fingerprint sensor as a result.

According to my Amplify stats, wakelock time blocked for this service to date is nearly 19 hours, with 2.75 hours allowed. It's by far the biggest contributor in my wakelock restricted list that I can see.

I'm not sure exactly how much battery life I'm saving but did notice an improvement after limiting this and others. I'm currently using the Xiaomi.eu 7.1.12 ROM.
THX for your answer, this is a solution!

A couple of friends with Chinese Dev ROM say that they haven't any problem with qfp-service and battery is awesome. I think the problem is with Xiaomi.eu ROM

Inviato dal mio MI 5s utilizzando Tapatalk
hi

sorry for my english, I didnt practice it usually

is not the xiaomi.eu rom fault, i know it because i have the global stable rom and i have the same problem with fingerprint sensor than you
i have the mi5s since a week and my battery results are horrible.
and today, I realise thanks to wakelock detector that qfp is ******* my battery
last night I was playing with the phone, and using whatsapp and telegram. in 6 hours I used the 22% of the battery, with 2 hours of screen. then I went to sleep and when I wake up this mornin 6 hours lateer the phone has lost another 20%!!! without any using!!!

how can be possible that the phone use more battery in deepsleep than using to play games?? anyone have a solution? I am very disappointed whit the battery

hi

sorry for my english, I didnt practice it usually

is not the xiaomi.eu rom fault, i know it because i have the global stable rom and i have the same problem with fingerprint sensor than you
i have the mi5s since a week and my battery results are horrible.
and today, I realise thanks to wakelock detector that qfp is ******* my battery
last night I was playing with the phone, and using whatsapp and telegram. in 6 hours I used the 22% of the battery, with 2 hours of screen. then I went to sleep and when I wake up this mornin 6 hours lateer the phone has lost another 20%!!! without any using!!!

how can be possible that the phone use more battery in deepsleep than using to play games?? anyone have a solution? I am very disappointed whit the battery
Exactly, the battery discharge faster in standby than when it is in use.
I also noted the drains are much higher (more wakelocks) when the phone is in airplane mode. I used to put phone in airplane mode at night, but now I turn it off because I lose almost 1/5 battery at night. Terrible.

Exactly, the battery discharge faster in standby than when it is in use.
I also noted the drains are much higher (more wakelocks) when the phone is in airplane mode. I used to put phone in airplane mode at night, but now I turn it off because I lose almost 1/5 battery at night. Terrible.

wtf!! also in airplane mode? i hope the new global rom solve this problems

7.1.12 I think its the most battery friendly rom for Mi5s.

Στάλθηκε από το MI 5s μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I confirm that on 7.1.20 battery drain faster...

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

i am new with xposed. what do i need wich version of it, arm 64? and how do i use it?

You need to make a back up of your ROM first. Download the Material Design Xposed Installer from XDA - as I can't post a link, search for 'material xposed installer' at XDA, and open the first search result [UNOFFICIAL] Material Design Xposed Installer [26/11/2016]. Within the post is a link to download an .apk which you need to install. BTW, you need to have root access to use Xposed.

Once running, scroll to the MIUI tab on the far right. Select the framework to download - the correct one for the Mi 5s is xposed-v87-sdk23-arm64-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez.

Once you've flashed Xposed and rebooted, you will need to download Amplify from the Play store. The free version is limited and to get useful functionality from the app you will need to donate a small amount to support the developer.

You will also need to set Amplify to autostart in Settings > Permissions.

Good luck and let us know how you go!

You need to make a back up of your ROM first. Download the Material Design Xposed Installer from XDA - as I can't post a link, search for 'material xposed installer' at XDA, and open the first search result [UNOFFICIAL] Material Design Xposed Installer [26/11/2016]. Within the post is a link to download an .apk which you need to install. BTW, you need to have root access to use Xposed.

Once running, scroll to the MIUI tab on the far right. Select the framework to download - the correct one for the Mi 5s is xposed-v87-sdk23-arm64-MIUI-edition-by-SolarWarez.

Once you've flashed Xposed and rebooted, you will need to download Amplify from the Play store. The free version is limited and to get useful functionality from the app you will need to donate a small amount to support the developer.

over night i had 5% batery reduce always.with these settings i had 3% .thanks

thx i will try this the next days and post how it works. last 2 days i used the automatic turn off feature in battery settings and the alarm clock turned on the handy in the morning. no need to get messages during sleep..

ok. i tried xposed and amplify. its not that huge difference and very complicated to do all the right settings. now i have an other app called "ForceDoze". You also need root but its much easier, just on and off button. i started at 3am with 100% and now after 1 day of use still 75% left. everything is working fine. if the battery reaches 3 days of use till recharge i am happy with it..

new update now with a "final" solution. i just uninstalled the qualcomm qti biometrics fingerprint service completely with a root uninstaller. the cpu wakelocks stopped immediately, fingerprint sensor is still working fine.
Is this 100℅ percent working?

I've frozen this service in Titanium Backup (saves re-flashing if it goes wrong) and the fingerprint scanner unlocks the device exactly as it did before.

I wonder if this service is important to online / app biometric authentication (SecureMSM/FIDO)? I don't use any websites or apps that allow me to use my fingerprint to authenticate though, so I can't test this theory...

Reactions: John Power
the battery is working good. i started with 100% in the evening after loading and ended with 98% in the morning, with 2 messengers and email syncing in backround, thats great. but i also had to set google play store and gallery from miui energy saving mode to close app to reach this. further i also disabled some other system services and apps. without all the things only disabling qfp wakelocks the battery still looses about 5-7% at night.

I've frozen this service in Titanium Backup (saves re-flashing if it goes wrong) and the fingerprint scanner unlocks the device exactly as it did before.

I wonder if this service is important to online / app biometric authentication (SecureMSM/FIDO)? I don't use any websites or apps that allow me to use my fingerprint to authenticate though, so I can't test this theory...
I check my bank account fingerprint authentication and is working fine...

the battery is working good. i started with 100% in the evening after loading and ended with 98% in the morning, with 2 messengers and email syncing in backround, thats great. but i also had to set google play store and gallery from miui energy saving mode to close app to reach this. further i also disabled some other system services and apps. without all the things only disabling qfp wakelocks the battery still looses about 5-7% at night.
So was it worth it ,to disable this service?

So was it worth it ,to disable this service?

yes of course, the qfp wakelocks are not in the whole list anymore. after one day of use, android has going down to 3rd place in the battery usage list. but its also a far way to get all the other optimizations to a stable level. testing will take a lot of days.

Last edited:
no best battery lifetime stock was around 6.12.22. but with the new rom its also possible to beat the old ones. its all about some system services and useless apps.