Qfp-service Battery Drain

Hi,
Quick question : is the 7.1.20 the same as the 8.2.20 that can be found on the "Stable" releases of Xiaomi.eu ?
Anyone knows about that 8.2.20 and can tell me if the battery drain persists with this one ?
Right now, I am on the 7.1.23 and I also face this problem !
Regards.

About the 2nd question...I started facing the fp scanner wakelock after upgrading from 8.010.0 to 8.2.2.0.

Hi pippolone,

Thanks a lot. So, upgrading to 8.2.2.0 won't help.

Can this be Xposed (and some module) related ?

Regards.

I solved the qfp-service wakelock freezing an app using link2sd.
Try searching here in the forum, I should have posted the exact app, I can't check right now.
Let me know if you can't find the post, I'll search later the evening.

I have already successfully disabled qfp wakelock related service. That results in decreased during-night drain to about 4-5%. However, now the biggest wakelock is caused by proximity sensor - and it's pretty significant. I have turned off preventing unblock in the pocket; it didn't help.

Anyone else experiencing wakelock caused by proximity sensor?

Ok, so this is not caused by disabling qfp.
I have it as well and it's reported more or less for the same time of phone calls.
So *I think* it should be normal, shouldn't it?

I'm almost sure that on 8.0.10.0 there is no such problem.
I checked a couple of time before upgrading and qfp-service wasn taking wakelocks for <3m.
I was not understanding people complaining about battery drain from fp reader.
After upgrading to 8.2.2.0 I suddenly noticed a drop on SOT.

I'm almost sure that on 8.0.10.0 there is no such problem.
I checked a couple of time before upgrading and qfp-service wasn taking wakelocks for <3m.
I was not understanding people complaining about battery drain from fp reader.
After upgrading to 8.2.2.0 I suddenly noticed a drop on SOT.
Im still on Global not EU 8.0.3.0 and i dont see qfp service in battery drain list. Strange.

As far as I know and I can remember, people started complaining about the problem from ~7.1.19 dev ROM.
I think that code from that dev ROM has been merged on 8.2 branch.
I think that global 8.0.3.0 has been made starting from a 6.11 dev ROM.

BTW, you will not see qfp-service in "battery drain list" is you are talking about Security->Battery->Battery use (Apps).
If I can remember exactly you should find very high % for Android System (or just Android maybe).
You should see qfp-service using wakelocks detector, but you need a rooted device.

I checked many time before going to sleep and at wake up the battery %.
Overnight with wifi on it was loosing ~2%.
On the first night after the upgrade I noticed a increase in that and a decrease in SOT.

If I'll remember, on the next charge cycle I'll unfreeze the app again to see what happens.

EDIT:
Look at this bug report, it's on 6.12.22
http://en.miui.com/thread-452566-1-1.html

Last edited:
On 7.3.2 about a day.
After freeze com.qualcomm.qti.biometrics.fingerprint.service, I haven't seen any wakelock issue.
Fingerprint sensor is still working for me.

Reactions: Dr.MTR and Bastiaan
root Uninstaller if you are root. Backup service and uninstall service

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

NO not Needed tot uninstall! Just freeze the service with link2sd

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5s met Tapatalk
there is no problem uninstalling it. I have test it on all developer and stable roms. No problem freezing either mate.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk