Qfp-service Battery Drain

Well, either what he (the mod) meant was next-next version or it wasn't true, because in 7.3.30 bug with qfp-serivce still exists. I had to disable it manually. So, let's wait for 7.4.6 and we'll see.

Well, either what he (the mod) meant was next-next version or it wasn't true, because in 7.3.30 bug with qfp-serivce still exists. I had to disable it manually. So, let's wait for 7.4.6 and we'll see.
He replayed on Mar. 28th, maybe it was too late for 7.3.30.
Let's wait the next...

Also Latest Global stable 8.2.1.0 have the same issue with qfp-service battery drain..

xiaomi will never delete the qfp service itself so there always will be battery drain. i hope that eu rom developers take it out someday in our roms. that would be a good improvement for battery drain during night.

Didn't you post some screenshots from WD from which it seems there was no wakelocks from qfp-service?
Yes, i post, but i dont enabled to see system processes.. When i enable later see that qfp service still make too many wake locks..

xiaomi will never delete the qfp service itself so there always will be battery drain. i hope that eu rom developers take it out someday in our roms. that would be a good improvement for battery drain during night.

I removed manually, by deleting that app in system/app dir. After that fingerprint is still working, and battery is stable.

Yes, i post, but i dont enabled to see system processes.. When i enable later see that qfp service still make too many wake locks..

I removed manually, by deleting that app in system/app dir. After that fingerprint is still working, and battery is stable.
You deleted the app and the fingerprint still working, but now you can turn on the screen by tapping on fingerprint scanner?

yes i know, i posted this solution here. but i am too lazy to root every week and delete the stuff. i think developers could do this with the new builds. that would be easier for everyone.

yes i know, i posted this solution here. but i am too lazy to root every week and delete the stuff. i think developers could do this with the new builds. that would be easier for everyone.
Just freeze it.
AFAIK it should remain frozen also after an update.
I use Link2SD from Google Play Store, I bought it some years ago for my previous devices.
I think Titanium Backup can do the same but Link2SD UI is much more intuitive.

Just freeze it.
I use Link2SD from Google Play Store, I bought it some years ago for my previous devices.
Yes that is other alternative to stop wake locks.

Just freeze it.
does link2sd really still freezes the service without root after update? that would be nice.

does link2sd really still freezes the service without root after update? that would be nice.
I think that root is required.
But once frozen it should remain frozen from what I can remember (I'm using stable, so few updates here).
You can always give it a try, it's free!

I am using titanium to freeze the procces..no more battery drain,it stays frozen after intalling new rom(delete cashe and system,keep data).i have 1% battery drain over night,before i had 5-6%(no wifi,no data,no gps,everything off).i have switched into different roms (stable,global,beta) and always had no problem with the frozen procces.fingepring works fine and fast..that service is for internet login proposes i think and it doesn't affect the normal fingerprint unlock use.

Reactions: Bill Boustas
I am using titanium to freeze the procces..no more battery drain,it stays frozen after intalling new rom(delete cashe and system,keep data).
That should be the same no matter the app you use to freeze. Thank you for confirming anyway.
that service is for internet login proposes i think and it doesn't affect the normal fingerprint unlock use.
I don't know what you mean, but I can login into my account on the Paypal app with my fingerprint even after freezing the qualcomm app.

I deleted the APK...all works and at the WakelockApp there is after 100% Akku loading and New Start no notice about AndroidSystem and FingerPrint ;)

Edit:
Now the androidsystem in the battery consumption has a value of about 11%. Previously, it was 15%

Last edited:
I deleted the APK...all works and at the WakelockApp there is after 100% Akku loading and New Start no notice about AndroidSystem and FingerPrint ;)

Edit:
Now the androidsystem in the battery consumption has a value of about 11%. Previously, it was 15%
The same on my mi5s. Phone is stable like hell without that app.

i really thought that's their job..^-^
Do you know if 7.3.2 resolves this problem and if so, where I can find that version?
Also, is there a way to remove or freeze the qfp service without unlocking the bootloader to get root?