[RADIO] All xiaomi mi2 radio thread

For me finally the 3g - H+ problem solved (I also had very poor signal but now everything returns to normal)

Reactions: dextructor
Is it possible to have the new radio module as a download to test the H+ problem on older roms?

EDIT:
Or is it the NON-HLOS.bin module right inside the miuiandroid zip? In that case can it be flashed? No modifications needed?

Has anybody tried to install a radio via the appdater app?
I have version 3.3.15 on facing occasional signal issues and I am thinking of applying the solution proposed in this thread. However, I don't want to flash CWM so I am between flashing 3.3.8 radio via updater (if possible) or flashing 3.3.8 rom. Can anyone suggest me if any of these actions could solve my problem?
Thanks

Ok guys i upload the radio when i return to my house but 3.4.5 is the same of 3. 3.15. For the guy ask if flash via updater work the answare is yes but you need, after flash in the sistem 1, to reeboot in system 2 and repeat the same operation of flash

Ok guys i upload the radio when i return to my house but 3.4.5 is the same of 3. 3.15. For the guy ask if flash via updater work the answare is yes but you need, after flash in the sistem 1, to reeboot in system 2 and repeat the same operation of flash
No you don't need to flash it in both systems because both are using the same radio image.

Also I've read about people who are wiping their phones 3 times before/after flashig a rom.
That's comletely useless. Just wipe data once BEFORE flashing rom because the rom's do install some preinstalls to /data.

What's the point in using radio images that have proved to be problematic? I don't get it. Or am I missing something?

What's the point in using radio images that have proved to be problematic? I don't get it. Or am I missing something?

Are the checksums of the two modules the same? Because some people claim they got the radio problem fixed with the last update.

Are the checksums of the two modules the same? Because some people claim they got the radio problem fixed with the last update.

I’ve no idea pal. I just commented post #29 “3.4.5 is the same of 3. 3.15”, asking the purpose of reusing a radio image that numerous users have found to be problematic, including me. Reading this thread, I understand that radio 3.3.8 fixes the problem. So, why don’t devs use this specific radio image in the latest update and use instead another one that has got negative feedback. I think this is a reasonable question.

No you don't need to flash it in both systems because both are using the same radio image.

Also I've read about people who are wiping their phones 3 times before/after flashig a rom.
That's comletely useless. Just wipe data once BEFORE flashing rom because the rom's do install some preinstalls to /data.

many times if i have dual boot (2 different version of the same rom example 3.3.15 and 3.4.5 ) the radio doesen't update because is one for both.

I’ve no idea pal. I just commented post #29 “3.4.5 is the same of 3. 3.15”, asking the purpose of reusing a radio image that numerous users have found to be problematic, including me. Reading this thread, I understand that radio 3.3.8 fixes the problem. So, why don’t devs use this specific radio image in the latest update and use instead another one that has got negative feedback. I think this is a reasonable question.

ok i compared md5 and isn't the same and now is in upload.

My bad :D Anyway I will check the md5 in some hours, but the new module seems to be sensibly bigger than the old ones.

EDIT:
It seems kekkojoker90 did the work for me.

updated and after my usually test the signal is better then before but is very slow to connect to the network. Many time i stay without signal for entire minute (uhm question for english user, is best use entire or whole in this phrase? )

I apologize for persisting, but has anyone tried to flash via updater? Do I just need to flash and reboot? I don’t want to break my phone in my effort to tackle a minor issue…
Is there someone with similar experience who could confirm that flashing radio 3.3.8 over 3.3.15 rom fixes occasional loss of signal?
Thanks

Hi all, after losing my connection to the network I have updated the radio to the latest version without a result. When going to *#*#4636#*#* to verify the band is set to Europe I cannot select it - Phone just returns to home screen; message remains 'Emergency calls only.' while this works fine for a custom Miui rom on another Phone.

Anyone has any ideas on how to fix this on an M2? I feel that I am going mad :mad:

Hi all, after losing my connection to the network I have updated the radio to the latest version without a result. When going to *#*#4636#*#* to verify the band is set to Europe I cannot select it - Phone just returns to home screen; message remains 'Emergency calls only.' while this works fine for a custom Miui rom on another Phone.

Anyone has any ideas on how to fix this on an M2? I feel that I am going mad :mad:
fastboot flash modem+modem1 NON-HLOS.bin

Reactions: type-R
Thanks - but no luck. Extracted NON-HLOS.BIN from various versions of the radio zips and run fastboot as above - no impact: 'Emergency calls only' message just keeps on smiling at me from the top of my screen.

Anything else that should be tried?

Thanks for your help!

Did it ever work or started the problems after the update?
Maybe your modem is broken ...

Simcard is fine - checked it in another phone. Does a broken modem means the phone needs to be replaced?