[RADIO] All xiaomi mi2 radio thread

Simcard is fine - checked it in another phone. Does a broken modem means the phone needs to be replaced?
Wait... Does your sim card have a pin? Because if it does and the phone doesn't prompt for it the problem is definitely there. Either the sim could be partially damaged or the reader could be not working. Also, if the phone asks for a pin but doesn't connect to the network, did you try a sim from a different operator? What does the networks listing inside the options say? Does your network even appear there?

Hi jmp, thanks for your help!

1. Yes, sim card has a pin, phone asks for it
2. Got a new sim card from the operator, same issue
3. Phone asks for pin, tried it with a differnet sim card, same issue
4. Shows all regular networks and my provider is auto-selected, appears correctly

Just refreshed the Phone using miflash after wiping it. No change. Noticed that I have lost my on screen keyboard as well though whenever I enter a text input field - so wondering if something else could be wrong that also impacts the network connection.

Hi jmp, thanks for your help!

1. Yes, sim card has a pin, phone asks for it
2. Got a new sim card from the operator, same issue
3. Phone asks for pin, tried it with a differnet sim card, same issue
4. Shows all regular networks and my provider is auto-selected, appears correctly
Last try would be a sim card from a different operator. If that fails too then I could only think of a hardware related problem.

Out of curiosity, what does this fix do exactly?

Would it assist in the battery drain of having no signal?

Out of curiosity, what does this fix do exactly?

Would it assist in the battery drain of having no signal?
It doesn't fix, it's a test to narrow down the possible causes of no network connection.
As for the battery drain it is normal with low signal. Switch to 2g, switch to an operator with better reception in your area, lower brightness, get
the 3000mah battery if you have a mi2.

Hello, I'm having the same problems. Came after flasing 3.4.5 multilang, but sometimes this (phone losing signal, emergency calls only, asks for PIN) happened before on stock ROM (JLB13 iirc). Now it happens almost every day many times, very annoying. It seems to happen when the signal is weak, according to NetMonitor app. Tried various battery settings.

I don't think it's a harware problem, this started after the latest update.

Hi
is there a way to check which radio baseband version is currently installed in my phone?
Whatever radio image I install, following the instructions in this thread, the baseband code under About Phone Settings remains the same.
Thanks

Yes, please...also is there some way for me to debug / dig deeper into this issue?

Recently I upgraded to 3.4.12, seems to be better, but not gone, though. Radio problems seem to be worse when battery set to power saving mode.

My baseband version reported is M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.128017

Wow the 3.2.8 radio is awesome!! My batterylife is now very good! 50% end of the day.. just like when got it from china

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk

Hi
is there a way to check which radio baseband version is currently installed in my phone?
Whatever radio image I install, following the instructions in this thread, the baseband code under About Phone Settings remains the same.
Thanks
What are you using to flash? Are you sure you are flashing in the right system? As now I have different radio modules on the two systems and the baseband version is different in the About Phone screen.

What are you using to flash? Are you sure you are flashing in the right system? As now I have different radio modules on the two systems and the baseband version is different in the About Phone screen.

Hi,

I used CWM for flashing in Sys 1 and Sys 2 as well as the updater app but I always got the same baseband version under the About Phone settings. However, the problem which made me try different basebands doesn't exist any longer, so it doesn't matter anymore. Now I am back to JLB14 and enjoy a perfect signal (in Greece).
Thanks anyway ;)

treiliert i want say you a little thing. I think the baseband is the same only in the number but these definetly change with this system.

treiliert i want say you a little thing. I think the baseband is the same only in the number but these definetly change with this system.

I am not arguing what you say, although I have flashed almost all radio images without noticing any striking difference. That's why I wanted to confirm that the baseband version really changed after flashing a new radio image. And then I came up with this strange feature. The baseband version remained the same whatever radio image you flash. Taking into consideration the first post saying "

for some reason, my last message was cut in half. I was saying that according to the first post "

Hi there, I'm still experiencing this issue. I'm now trying to flash 3.5.3 but I don't believe anything will change. I'm very close to ditching the phone as it is unusable :( I live in Czech Republic.

So far I have been able to find (using Netmonitor) that in case of problems there is a BTS with LAC:0 CID:65535 reported. Antennas even report LAC:-1 CID:65535. I believe these are invalid values. I suspect there is either some bug in the radio or CZ BTS are configured in some strange (incompatible) way.

Does anyone have any idea, please?

Can you please be specific? Are you directing me to try the stuff mentioned in the first post? Sorry, I don't quite understand.

Hi there, I'm still experiencing this issue. I'm now trying to flash 3.5.3 but I don't believe anything will change. I'm very close to ditching the phone as it is unusable :( I live in Czech Republic.

So far I have been able to find (using Netmonitor) that in case of problems there is a BTS with LAC:0 CID:65535 reported. Antennas even report LAC:-1 CID:65535. I believe these are invalid values. I suspect there is either some bug in the radio or CZ BTS are configured in some strange (incompatible) way.

Does anyone have any idea, please?

you wrote it -.-

Ok :) So is there anything I can do? Inspect more? File a bug report somewhere?