[RADIO] All xiaomi mi2 radio thread

[e="strn, post: 167237, member: 81915"] thugzie , I think the problem is not in the radio driver, but in poor frequency ranges of Mi-2. For example it does not have an UMTS 900 frequency, with is often used for 3G.

Damn this phone is great except that one thing which is causing that i cannot use it due too poor reception there is no way to fix it by software?

Hi,

I bought a MI2-A and one of my colleagues bought an MI2-S. We both suffer the same issue, which proves to me it isn't an defect of some sort. The issue is that we both have poor reception on specific locations.

Generally speaking the reception is reliable when the signal is strong. But when the signal gets weaker, like say in our workspace, connection is easily lost and we get the message 'emergency calls only'. The strange thing is that when the signal is connected (but still weak) all works fine, calls are of good quality and do not get cut off, 3g works fine and so on ... It is just like the phone just gives up trying when the signal is weak.

I hope this might get resolved with other radio software, but i'm unshure where to find reliable radio software for my MI2-A which, appartently isn't verry popular (yet) ...

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I bought a MI2-A and one of my colleagues bought an MI2-S. We both suffer the same issue, which proves to me it isn't an defect of some sort. The issue is that we both have poor reception on specific locations.

Generally speaking the reception is reliable when the signal is strong. But when the signal gets weaker, like say in our workspace, connection is easily lost and we get the message 'emergency calls only'. The strange thing is that when the signal is connected (but still weak) all works fine, calls are of good quality and do not get cut off, 3g works fine and so on ... It is just like the phone just gives up trying when the signal is weak.

I hope this might get resolved with other radio software, but i'm unshure where to find reliable radio software for my MI2-A which, appartently isn't verry popular (yet) ...

Any suggestions?

Damn this is so annoying that such a great device has a flaw like that :( I'm going to sell it if I wont find a solution which will icrease the reception of 3g :( back to lousy samsung.

Hi,

I can confirm that problem, I have same issue in Slovakia, quality of phone calls is acceptable (not very clear) in areas where signal strange is good, but if the signal is not so strange I have problems with calls. My old Xperia Ray has no such a problem even it's much smaller and older phone. Xiaomi should take a look on that problem and make a new baseband/radio!

p.s: If anybody has tested the radios and found one which help please share to us!

Hi,

I can confirm that problem, I have same issue in Slovakia, quality of phone calls is acceptable (not very clear) in areas where signal strange is good, but if the signal is not so strange I have problems with calls. My old Xperia Ray has no such a problem even it's much smaller and older phone. Xiaomi should take a look on that problem and make a new baseband/radio!

p.s: If anybody has tested the radios and found one which help please share to us!
use radio 3.2.8.. it works great for me...

use radio 3.2.8.. it works great for me...
thank you for quick reply!

Should I flash this radio after every MIUI ROM update? I have MI2-s only 2 days :p
So, if today new ROM will be releaed, the radio will be updated to new version?

thank you for quick reply!

Should I flash this radio after every MIUI ROM update? I have MI2-s only 2 days :p
So, if today new ROM will be releaed, the radio will be updated to new version?
correct... or use our Multilang version with SK lang on forum.miui.cz and there is used radio 3.2.8 already...

(v nasej multilang verzii nahradzame radio za 3.2.8 s ktorym mame lepsie skusenosti)

correct... or use our Multilang version with SK lang on forum.miui.cz and there is used radio 3.2.8 already...

(v nasej multilang verzii nahradzame radio za 3.2.8 s ktorym mame lepsie skusenosti)

OK, I am using EN version from here so I will copy old radio into every newROM and then flash it, it's no problem.

(vdaka, flashol som ho a skusim potestovat)

p.s: it's much better now! I did few calls from area where I had signal problems before, it's OK now, problem seems solved! :)

what about the 3g reception? do you have edge or 3g? the problem is that I cannot get 3g on mi2s where I get it on my sgs2 :(

you have to try and report here if it's better with 3.2.8 radio, I have no such problem....

Has anyone been able to connect at DC-HSDPA speeds on their Mi2S with their carrier? The specs say the Mi2S can support DC-HSDPA up to 42Mbps, but so far I've only gotten my carrier to connect at HSPA+ speed of 21.6Mbps (checked using Network Signal Info).

Not sure if its confirmed to work at 42Mbps or if KPN hasn't rolled out DC-HSDPA in my area yet...

I'm a little confused after looking through this thread...

1. Is getting on a 1700 mhz band a hardware or software issue (it seems from the thread, that it's a radio firmware issue)?
2. So updating with a new firmware can allow for a MIUI phone to receive a signal on the 1700 mhz band?
3. Is there a reason to flash an entire ROM or can you just flash the firmware?
4. Finally, on my Xiaomi MI 2s, I've already got the updated ROM, is it at all possible to have the radio work on 1700 mhz? Is that just a matter of a new firmware update for the radio?

I still have issues with 3G 900 on my mis2 - I've tried every radio outthere and the reception is still tragic.
It is due the fact that mi2s doesnt support 3g on 900mhz. I dont know if this can be fixed by software or firmware or is it a hardware issue - I cannot get any feedback from Xiaomi or MIUI forums here or Miui.en.

That stinks, it's strange that I can't find an unlocked Chinese phone that supports that frequency. Can I ask what network are you on? It looks like there's a way to upgrade the radio firmware, but I'm not sure if that solves the problem...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Also, when you say you've tried ever radio out there, does that mean you've physically replaced the hardware, or are you taking about different firmwares?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Can everyone write messages like this form

Operator name:
Problem: (2g, 3g, or about 4g)
Frequency:

GT-I9000 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Turkey
Vodafone
Gsm900 3g2100
İ didn't have any problem on 2g or 3g, i can also use H+ speed. İ was having problems with other operator that Avea in turkey gsm1800

GT-I9000 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

My experience with my older phone was that it's depending on where on the globe you are which baseband is best for you. Is that right? Maybe you could add a poll so everyone who has tested different radios in his country could share this information...

ok after broke mi mi 2 i think isn't a good idea flash the nexus 4 radio... because when you retourn to mi 2 radio 3g or 2g not work... But i find a solution :D

flash .48 of nexus 4 whit 3g prefered in the network option
reflash mi2 radio with 3g preferd and all will go well

If you flash the radiowith 2g only 3g not work the same is if you flash with 3g only :p i'm a genius and lucky.

Hi Kekko,
could please guide me in the solution? Do you have any link with the Nexus and Mi2 radio?
I probably have the same issue because "only 2G" doesn't work for me. I have a Mi2.

thanks a lot!

Goll

Hi guys,

I also suffer from strange behaviour from time to time I can't make a phone call, it disconnects me immediately even without trying to dial the number. I have checked and I seems to have solid coverage. It is very annoying problem which I hope I will be able to solve.

Phone: Xiaomi M2A
ROM: 3.6.21 multilang
Operator name: Mtel
Problem: (2g, 3g, or about 4g): 3G HSDPA
Frequency: 1800MHz

So I was wondering what I have to do in order to fix this problem.

3.2.8 also is bad :( I think it is a hardware problem - you cannot add a support for 900 frequency just by firmware :/ correct me if I'm wrong.

damn, maybe we can flood them with emails regarding this issue? I tried to contact them but I get no official response about this problem.