[RADIO] All xiaomi mi2 radio thread

It doesn't support LTE for sure.

Wysłane z Hongmi

I know, but because in that menu is the option LTE?

It is because CPU supports LTE module. Do you remember Nexus 4 case few months ago? Google model was equipped in LTE module and it actually worked for Canadian Bell network carrier. It was a glitch in Android system. But that was patched by Google.

But your MI2A has qualcomm dual core CPU if im right. I don't think it has real LTE module.

Hey guys, what radio should i flash to get the one from 4.1.1 stock aosp.i have the Problem With cm10.2 that i hear nothing when i Call somebody

Edit, solved :)

probably, same as i, but we should still wait for official xiaomi explanation

probably, same as i, but we should still wait for official xiaomi explanation

So this is not official?
I think that there is no hope for xiaomi to fix this..otherwise it would support 900 from the start.

sent from my Mi2S

Reactions: paulrlz
Alguien sabe si van a sacar algun sofwar o algo similar para la banda de 900 en el Xiaomi 2S ???????

Someone will KNOW if sofwar or Remove some similar algorithms Band For The 2S Xiaomi 900???????

Someone please help.
My m2s has problem making a call and getting a call.
When I make a call, the call receiver and I cannot hear each other's voice.
When I receive a call, the call maker and I also cannot hear each other's voice.

I dont have problem sending and receiving sms.

I have tested this at home, sending sms and call to my family member's handphone.
I have also tried switching a different sim card to my phone. It seems at first few times I have tried, it indicated my sim card was faulty.
But after many times of testing, different sim card began to show the same problem.

I have tested QCS99 and 3.2.8 radio.
Both dont fix my problem.

I have my phone updated every week. I have switched from MIUI 3.9.13 multilang to WIUI 3.9.13 but still having the same problem.

I'm clueless what to do now.

I just installed 3.2.8 radio version by updater app on my mi2s (I don't have cwm). How to know the update installed successfully ?

Last edited:
If 3.2.8 radio installed what should be the baseband version? I just want to make sure it is installed properly. I have no cwm, I used updater app instead. Please help. Thx.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

You can see here my baseband version:

https://db.tt/bmjsFa2b

You can't flash it with updater app.
You have two systems and two modems.
If you flash with updater, it will always flash to the other system/modem/kernel.
So you don't flash it on your current installation.

To flash it the right way use ClockWorkMod recovery

Reactions: dextructor
You can't flash it with updater app.
You have two systems and two modems.
If you flash with updater, it will always flash to the other system/modem/kernel.
So you don't flash it on your current installation.

To flash it the right way use ClockWorkMod recovery

Thx. What radio should I try to improve battery usage on 3G/H+ networks. My location is Hungary.

Thx. What radio should I try to improve battery usage on 3G/H+ networks. My location is Hungary.

I don't know, you have to try which one works best

I don't know, you have to try which one works best

I tried all the radio (1radio/day) but nothing better or just small differences. Now I testing 3.9.27 ROM. I hope new ROM overwrited the previously manually installed radio.

Hi, I'm using a mi2s on miui 3.9.20 (4.1.1 JRO03L). My carrier is T-Mobile in NY, USA. Anyone know what might be the best radio for my area? Thanks in advance!

Hi. Probably I found the cause of my problem.
I cannot change from 3g to 2g. If I change the mode, then I will have this problem.
Even if I change it back from 2g to 3g, the problem will remain.

If I patch the rom using updater method, the problem will still remain.
Factory reset doesn't help.
Clearing cache also doesn't help.

Only fastboot method work. I have tested it twice today.
Edit: After fresh fastboot update, I can make call without fail. Sometimes only the problem occurs.

Last edited:
what is the baseband/radio for malaysia?
any categories ?
anyhow, what does version mean it?