Re-Locking Bootloader is being impossible

Okusino

Members
Mar 18, 2019
So, I have a Mi8 with the "official Global Stable ROM" and the "MI-Recovery 3.0", but I have the Bootloader locked. OEM is enabled, and I have tried several methods.

Mi Flash Tool is working when I select "clean all" option, it flashes normally and works. But whenever I try to lock the bootloader (using mi flash tool option "clean all and lock", or via adb-fastboot command "fastboot oem lock") It reboots and shows a status bar that loads up to 4% aprox and then rushes to 100%, and then only boots to MI-Recovery 3.0 over and over... So I can only install a ROM with the device unlocked and I can't lock it... But i really need to lock it... Any help please?

LOLO9393

Members
Feb 8, 2016
So, I have a Mi8 with the "official Global Stable ROM" and the "MI-Recovery 3.0", but I have the Bootloader locked. OEM is enabled, and I have tried several methods.

Mi Flash Tool is working when I select "clean all" option, it flashes normally and works. But whenever I try to lock the bootloader (using mi flash tool option "clean all and lock", or via adb-fastboot command "fastboot oem lock") It reboots and shows a status bar that loads up to 4% aprox and then rushes to 100%, and then only boots to MI-Recovery 3.0 over and over... So I can only install a ROM with the device unlocked and I can't lock it... But i really need to lock it... Any help please?
Before relocking the bootloader you may have read that and the comments that come with.
https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-anti-rollback-protection-brick-phone/
Two questions to avoid further issue:
-did you unlock the bootloader yourself under your own miui account?
-are you sure you have a TRUE global MI8 model with true official GLOBAL rom in it?
If you don't know you've better to stay with locked boot and adapt your requirement.

Okusino

Members
Mar 18, 2019
I already solved the problem. I have China firmware version so I can't have global rom with locked bootloader.