Redmi 3 Pro - How To Get The Official China Stable Running

Man24

Members
Jul 7, 2016
Hey.

I have just bought a new Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro from the online retailer honorbuy.com. Everything works quite well so far but the thing is that it came with a rom version different from the official china stable. Its a
MIUI by xiaomi.eu 7.3 / Stable 7 .3 .1 .0(LHPCNDD).

As it's a xiaomi.eu version i guess that's not that much of a problem. However, as far as i know it does't support OTA updates but updates will have to be installed manually. That's the reason why i want to change to the original stock rom.

I have already tried to flash the current china stable with help of the updater app on my redmi 3 pro but it just doesn't seem to be working as the phone simply reboots and nothing really interesting happens.

Maybe someone of you can help me with my problem.

ok thanks... so that would be the method without unlocking the bootloader, right? Is it safe of failures, or can it lead to a bricked phone quite easily? I was just asking myself if the method with the uploader app would be an option if the bootloader was first unlocked.
I am really confused about all the different approaches on flashing the original china stable. I don't want to make any mistake and brick the phone.

No need bootloader unlocked, the best way and for me the only way to flash the china stable version is trough EDL with Miflash.

Unlocked bootlooader its only needed in case of other versions like xiaomi.eu.

As mentioned before, I flashed my Redmi Note 3 Pro without having the Bootloader unlocked. You just need to follow some particular steps and be sure you understand and acknowledge what to do and what needs to be done.

Before I got my Bootloader unlocked and installed the eur version of MIUI, I used this tutorial to flash the latest China Rom:

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials][MIUI DEVICE TEAM] Flash (Unbrick) Redmi Note 3(SD) with Locked Bootloader

(I'm not allowed to post URLs, please, google search the )

Read it carefully, couple times if needed, understand what you need to do, and do it! There is no way you will brick your phone!

Good luck!

Hello,

I purchased a Redmi 3 Pro from honorbuy as well today, so I would be interested to know if you succeed in the procedure.

I've got a couple of links I would like to share, but I cannot post them here since I have less than 10 posts on this forum...
You can still check on pastebin.com[slash]pnNatcpd for the useful links I found (replace [slash] by /)

Thank you guys so far for your help... i am now trying to get the stock rom running with the miflash method... i will report on the outcome...

It took me some time to get the latest china stable running on my redmi 3 pro. Now i am going to describe the steps it takes to install the China Stable on your Redmi 3 Pro:

Please notice: !!!! I won't take any responsibility in case your phones get bricked!!!! For me the steps worked well. I am just a xiaomi beginner and have no great skills in android programming.

1. Download all needed Programms drivers and so on.
MiFlash + Latest China Stable Fastboot ROM (http:[slash][slash]en.miui.com[slash]a-234.html)
ADB Driver (http:[slash][slash]xiaomitips.com[slash]download[slash]adb-driver[slash])
Maybe have a look inside the links that Banjo87 posted above.

2. Make sure your Data is backed up (I neglected that step, because i had no data on my phone)

3. Unzip your Rom Version to a folder you want.

3. Install MiFlash on your Windows 64bit PC ( I used Windows 10 - Press install anyway)

4.I disabled Driver signature on my Windows PC to install a Quadcomm driver for my phone (You will need that driver for MiFlash to recognize your phone - Just google for that driver - i am not sure but it's possible, that this driver also comes with the MiFlash software and you don't need to download and install it separately)

5.Turn off your phone and press volume up + power button for some seconds until the mi logo appears. Make sure your phone is completely charged. Then release the power button but keep the volume up pressed until you reach a display with some buttons on it. Press the button that says download. - Your phone should now be in EDL Mode.

6. Start MiFlash on you PC and connect your phone with help of the USB Cable. MiFlash should now recognize your phone which would be named like COM+Number. (COM10 e.g.). If it cannot be detected there are some problems with the driver.
Press Browse and search for the folder in which you extracted the Fastboot ROM File. Select the folder called images in your ROM Folder. Then tick the option with Flash all on the bottom of the MiFlash window. Then you can start to flash.

7. After 5 to 10 min the process should be finished. When you get the message "process successfully completed" u can pull the USB cable out of your phone and press the Power Button for some seconds.

Remark: At first my phone seemed to be stuck in the Mi Flash logo screen. Then i holded the power button for some seconds and my phone somehow managed to boot into the proper China Stable ROM. When your phone is stuck in that MI Logo Screen you can try to enter the DownloadMode again and flash the same Rom again with MiFlash or just flash another China Stable.

The fact that i was able to successfully flash my phone really made my day. Keep Flashing ;-)

It took me some time to get the latest china stable running on my redmi 3 pro. Now i am going to describe the steps it takes to install the China Stable on your Redmi 3 Pro:

Please notice: !!!! I won't take any responsibility in case your phones get bricked!!!! For me the steps worked well. I am just a xiaomi beginner and have no great skills in android programming.

1. Download all needed Programms drivers and so on.
MiFlash + Latest China Stable Fastboot ROM (http:[slash][slash]en.miui.com[slash]a-234.html)
ADB Driver (http:[slash][slash]xiaomitips.com[slash]download[slash]adb-driver[slash])
Maybe have a look inside the links that Banjo87 posted above.

2. Make sure your Data is backed up (I neglected that step, because i had no data on my phone)

3. Unzip your Rom Version to a folder you want.

3. Install MiFlash on your Windows 64bit PC ( I used Windows 10 - Press install anyway)

4.I disabled Driver signature on my Windows PC to install a Quadcomm driver for my phone (You will need that driver for MiFlash to recognize your phone - Just google for that driver - i am not sure but it's possible, that this driver also comes with the MiFlash software and you don't need to download and install it separately)

5.Turn off your phone and press volume up + power button for some seconds until the mi logo appears. Make sure your phone is completely charged. Then release the power button but keep the volume up pressed until you reach a display with some buttons on it. Press the button that says download. - Your phone should now be in EDL Mode.

6. Start MiFlash on you PC and connect your phone with help of the USB Cable. MiFlash should now recognize your phone which would be named like COM+Number. (COM10 e.g.). If it cannot be detected there are some problems with the driver.
Press Browse and search for the folder in which you extracted the Fastboot ROM File. Select the folder called images in your ROM Folder. Then tick the option with Flash all on the bottom of the MiFlash window. Then you can start to flash.

7. After 5 to 10 min the process should be finished. When you get the message "process successfully completed" u can pull the USB cable out of your phone and press the Power Button for some seconds.

Remark: At first my phone seemed to be stuck in the Mi Flash logo screen. Then i holded the power button for some seconds and my phone somehow managed to boot into the proper China Stable ROM. When your phone is stuck in that MI Logo Screen you can try to enter the DownloadMode again and flash the same Rom again with MiFlash or just flash another China Stable.

The fact that i was able to successfully flash my phone really made my day. Keep Flashing ;-)

thanks for your tutorial very helpful
what rom you had before to flash Chinese one and what is latest chinesse version. tell us please if you find any bugs in Chinese versions and if you managed to install Google play.

Hi mar1us... you can find the version I had before flashing in the first post of this thread. The latest version is China stable 7.5.1. installing Google play is very easy. Just Google for a tutorial.

Thanks for the feedback!

I received my Redmi 3 Pro today, with the same ROM pre-installed (v7.3.1 from xiaomi.eu). However, I think this is not exactly the xiaomi.eu ROM: xiaomi.eu provides only ROM which can be installed thanks to TWRP, but the vendor probably used MiFlash to install the ROM since TWRP is not installed on the device.

Anyway, did you notice more apps installed by default with the China stable 7.5.1 ROM?

i did notice, that there are more apps installed, but most of them come in chinese language and therefore can not be used by me. I am currently facing problems with the Google calendar sync. I have updated the stock rom version to 7.5.2 via OTA three days ago.
Every time when i try to sync the google account it says that there is an error with the calendar sync. I don't really know how to fix that. Does anyone of you guys know the reason of this problem?

Thanks for the feedback!

I received my Redmi 3 Pro today, with the same ROM pre-installed (v7.3.1 from xiaomi.eu). However, I think this is not exactly the xiaomi.eu ROM: xiaomi.eu provides only ROM which can be installed thanks to TWRP, but the vendor probably used MiFlash to install the ROM since TWRP is not installed on the device.

Anyway, did you notice more apps installed by default with the China stable 7.5.1 ROM?

Hi,

My friend also got his redmi 3 from honorbuy pre-installed with xiaomi.eu 7.3.1.0 Stable ROM??
How can they do that? does it means that his bootloader his already unlocked?