Redmi 3s All Day At Edge/gprs

I am also wondering if there are users out there that do not experience this bug at all?
If so we need to figure out why not. For example: do they have GPS turned on all the time?

I have the problem with: 1 SIM + 64GB MicroSD, 3G mode, Wifi/BT/Gps off by default, latest Xiaomi EU ROM. It mainly occurs at home, where I have no 3G coverage in some places.

Can others comment what their config is, and whether or not they experience the bug?

Redmi 3 Pro with CM13, SIM1 + 64GB MicroSD, I am always on Edge, never 3G or faster.

Sounds like a different issue on a different device and a different (non-miui) ROM. What we describe here is an issue specific to the Redmi 3S running MIUI.

anybody has managed to solve it? I've tried different miui rom China and global, stable and developer, changed to a new sim card, the signal stays at 2g when moving back to good 3g coverage still happens..

anybody has managed to solve it? I've tried different miui rom China and global, stable and developer, changed to a new sim card, the signal stays at 2g when moving back to good 3g coverage still happens..
As a workaround, put any sim card into second sim slot. This card can be even inactive but must be enabled.

Wysłane z MI5

Those who having same problems like me had: -> random reboots ,network / signal drop , no simcard detected issue!

I tried all kinds of roms ,and all versions of it like ,global stable ,china stable, dev rom's but none of them helped!
I requested the unlock permission ,after two day i recieved it ,actually i unlocked my phone the first try without any esue (while my phone was softbricked with 6.10.13 dev rom ,no clue how ,used MiFlas and it flashed succesfully without any esue ,lol ?! ) , after that the second day i recieved the sms , actually i got my permission before receiving sms not after ! lol

Steps:
1 unlocked my bootloader
2 installed TWRP (do a backup, you never know)
3 wipe dalvik /cache /system
4 installed the 8.0.6.0 EU rom (october) (i installed it over 7.5.4.0 global stable)
5 installed SuperSU (2 reboot loops -this is normal)
6 done, 3 days now,no random reboot's no signal drops and network loss / no servce problem's anymore for me !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Toni_re
Those who having same problems like me had: -> random reboots ,network / signal drop , no simcard detected esue !

I tried all kinds of roms ,and all versions of it like ,global stable ,china stable, dev rom's but none of them helped!
I requested the unlock permission ,after two day i recieved it ,actually i unlocked my phone the first try without any esue (while my phone was softbricked with 6.10.13 dev rom ,no clue how ,used MiFlas and it flashed succesfully without any esue ,lol ?! ) , after that the second day i recieved the sms , actually i got my permission before receiving sms not after ! lol

Steps:
1 unlocked my bootloader
2 installed TWRP (do a backup, you never know)
3 wipe dalvik /cache /system
4 installed the 8.0.6.0 EU rom (october) (i installed it over 7.5.4.0 global stable)
5 installed SuperSU (2 reboot loops -this is normal)
6 done, 3 days now,no random reboot's no signal drops and network loss / no servce problem's anymore for me !!!

I'll try this. Thanks!

You're Welcome !
Somebody said that he wiped system partition and stuck at mi logo after flashing rom ,(i wiped sistem partition and worked fine ,i always wipe system)

Last edited:
Reactions: Toni_re
I dont have this issue at all. mostly 4g with volte unless signal is bad.

i have international version with 6.10.13 eu rom

Question for those who have that issue. How about today's relase ? Has anyone tried ? Any improvement on that ?

Wysłane z MI5

Installed yesterday . First had the 8.0.6.0 and still had the problems although they seemed less persistent . Now with 8.0.10.0 same old same old although with both I don't have the signal drops anymore I still live life on the edge most of the time . And that is in Amsterdam where there is plenty of 3g and 4g coverage .

My network carrier dasen't suports 2G anymore only 3G and 4G band's , and my phone switches between 3g and 4g when it needs to do so ,works how it sould be in my case. I get half a day on 3g and the other half on 4g ,and 2-3 mins of no signal time.

Question for those who have that issue. How about today's relase ? Has anyone tried ? Any improvement on that ?

Wysłane z MI5

Can you post your Baseband Version from your international Version ? May be there are differnt versions out there, and some of them had the issues.

I dont have this issues here in germany. Telekom D1 , My Version is :
ENNS_PACK-1.65 11.1.65529.3-V026 (non internation Redmi 3S) Sim Card insert at Slot1 , Slot 2 with memory card.

Last edited:
Non international version here: ENNS.PACK-1.65122.2.65629.3-V028

Not really an issue with 3g-4g

My international version came with the same baseband version as in the previous post.

I found a solution for this. Go into phone settings (tap several times)
Then select LTE / WCDMA from the list.

Now i get either H+ or 3G and thats where it stays

cheers,

I must admit my problem seems to be over . I did not have 4g before . I activated It but obviously my provider did not activate it right away . So the beginning of this month it was and now I have either 4g or 3g and hardly any 2g anymore . A really happy owner of this phone right now !

Use network signal Guru, download it from playstore it needs root btw,select your band carriers i leave the lte bands all checked and disable gsm band 900 .. . it worked for me

Reactions: Joris Hazeleger
Hi,
I am experiencing the same problem - stuck to EDGE.
The phone is brand new and updated to the last MIUI soft form OTA.
Is is very bad because it was a gift for my wife :(
Can I submit this problem somewhere directly to XIAOMI to fix this ?

@vENZi Are you sure that your sim card is activated for LTE and you're in a LTE covered area? If you're in the EU you'll need a R3S part # 2016031 (which supports band 20 at 800MHz).

Additionally some carriers (e.g. T-Mobile in Germany) require a software-branded device to use VoLTE.