Feronix

Members
Mar 27, 2016
Heya guys,

Received my Redmi 4 Prime today but I think I already messed it up beyond repair. It had a dodgy reseller ROM on it, so obviously I had to revert back to the original ROM, unlock the bootloader and flash the Xiaomi.eu weekly.

Except in my excitement I used MiFlash and a fastboot ROM and flashed immediately to the China dev ROM. Normally I think MiFlash should give you an error anyway, but it happily flashed the ROM (I hadn't noticed my error yet) so upon rebooting my phone got stuck on the Mi logo...

The device does not get past the Mi logo at all. I can't get into the recovery, only fastboot, but I can't do anything there cause of the locked bootloader.
I didn't link my Mi account to the phone yet, as to not enter any account information on the dodgy reseller ROM, so I can't unlock the bootloader via fastboot now .

I can sorta get into a recovery mode (EDL?) but even then the phone is not recognized by ADB, MiFlash, or Mi PC Suite. All I can do is smack it back into fastboot and use MiFlash, but obviously none of these roms work as they all require an unlocked bootloader. I keep getting hit with "Flash TZ Error"s or other errors about forbidden partitions.

I also did not enable USB debugging yet as I planned to do that after flashing to the China/Global stable...

Is there a way to flash the recovery ROM through MiFlash? Is there ANYTHING I can try at this point?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Did you flash China dev ROM in EDL or fastboot mode?
What version of MiFlash did you use?
Do you see your phone in device manager?

Did you flash China dev ROM in EDL or fastboot mode?
What version of MiFlash did you use?
Do you see your phone in device manager?

Thanks for your reply!

I used fastboot mode, even though the bootloader was still locked, it did let me flash it.

I used the older version of MiFlash 2015.10.28.0. I have since also tried the current XiaomiFlash version from the Xiaomi website, but that gives me a "TZ Error" while re-trying on the old version gives me "critical partition flashing is not allowed".

It does show up in device manager as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" (COM3) when I boot it into EDL, but neither English nor Chinese Mi PC suite recognizes the devices, nor either of the Miflash versions or ADB.

I've been doing a lot of reading and found something about creating a deepflash cable, do you think that could help me out in getting the device to be recognized by Mi PC Suite so I can install the recovery ROM like in the below video, even though it does already show as a COM port in device manager?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Currently when I try this guide I get stuck at 5:25 as I just get a big exclamation mark with what I assume to be an error message on the screen (but it's Chinese and I can't read it, I'll screenshot as per request if anyone thinks it'll help).

Hi,
i have a smiliar problem. When trying to get rid of seller rom i had an errot and it was on bootloop (only mi logo).
now is used the method of the video but it is still getting stuck: now at mi and android logo.

i can go to fastboot and i can go to the Vol+ Power button menu, but i cant enter edl (begins to boot with mi and adroid logo again)

when i try to do it via fastboot there is tz error (no i dont have spaces in the directory, an i tryed putting it in C:/) oder the error: "Critical partion, flashing not allowed". what can i do?

my bootloader is still locked.

@Feronix if you have problems at 5:25: do you have the correct rom? try en.miui com/download-320.html#463

Had the same issue. I was in a bootloop and could not access the recovery mode, booloader was locked.
I followed the video instructions posted above.
I took some tries until the PCsuite recognized my device.
THe flashing process was also aborted once - a message with an exclamation mark. But the second time worked out.
It is important that you:
- download exaclty the same ROM version, that you had installed before
- use the chinese version of the PC suite

I tried other roms and the english version of the PC suite - without success.

Also the flashing process is super slow, it took around 30 minutes for a complete flash. At the beginning and the end it seems, that the flashing process is stuck. Just be patient, wait and hope it countinues to flash :)

I hope I could help. Good luck

Btw. After flashing I was able to unloack the bootloader without being stuck at 50%. And flashed TWRP.

Reactions: Feronix
@Feronix if you have problems at 5:25: do you have the correct rom? try en.miui com/download-320.html#463

When I get stuck at 5:25 it's simply because Mi PC Suite doesn't recognize my phone. I simply get this error (if anyone could translate this I'm sure it might give some insight):
PC Suite error.png PC Suite error 2.png

Had the same issue. I was in a bootloop and could not access the recovery mode, booloader was locked.
I followed the video instructions posted above.
I took some tries until the PCsuite recognized my device.
THe flashing process was also aborted once - a message with an exclamation mark. But the second time worked out.
It is important that you:
- download exaclty the same ROM version, that you had installed before
- use the chinese version of the PC suite

I tried other roms and the english version of the PC suite - without success.

Also the flashing process is super slow, it took around 30 minutes for a complete flash. At the beginning and the end it seems, that the flashing process is stuck. Just be patient, wait and hope it countinues to flash :)

I hope I could help. Good luck

Btw. After flashing I was able to unloack the bootloader without being stuck at 50%. And flashed TWRP.

Thank you for your reply, might get me somewhere!

I wouldn't necessarily call it a boot loop. It just boots up to the point of the Mi logo and then stays there forever (left it overnight) until it runs out of battery, or until I turn it off manually, although then it turns itself back on.

What do you mean "it took some tries to get PC Suite to recognize the device"? How did you eventually get it to show? I'm dying to know cause all I get are the above errors. English PC suite tells me "please boot normally first", Device manager shows it as Qualcomm 9008, but MiFlash doesn't see it at all and ADB can't find the phone either.

By the exact same ROM, do you mean the reseller ROM or the China Dev ROM I tried to flash? Honestly at this point I am almost starting to believe that the flashing went so wrong there isn't currently a ROM installed at all if that's possible. I thought you just had to use the original recovery ROM for the phone like in the video?

Thank you for your help so far mate, gives me a little bit of hope that I didn't just waste €200 :)

When I get stuck at 5:25 it's simply because Mi PC Suite doesn't recognize my phone. I simply get this error (if anyone could translate this I'm sure it might give some insight):
View attachment 15029 View attachment 15030

What do you mean "it took some tries to get PC Suite to recognize the device"? How did you eventually get it to show? I'm dying to know cause all I get are the above errors. English PC suite tells me "please boot normally first", Device manager shows it as Qualcomm 9008, but MiFlash doesn't see it at all and ADB can't find the phone either.

Do you have the adb drivers installed? I think it might related to the drivers that you are using. My phone showed up as Android Device -> Android ADB Interface.
It was neccesary to unplug it a few times before Mi PCsuite recognized my phone.

Once connected to Mi PC Suite, a window pops up, inidcating which ROM is installed on your phone. You need exactl the same one to proceed (shown in Minute 5:29 in the video in 6;45 where he chooses the file).

Reactions: Feronix
Do you have the adb drivers installed? I think it might related to the drivers that you are using. My phone showed up as Android Device -> Android ADB Interface.
It was neccesary to unplug it a few times before Mi PCsuite recognized my phone.

Once connected to Mi PC Suite, a window pops up, inidcating which ROM is installed on your phone. You need exactl the same one to proceed (shown in Minute 5:29 in the video in 6;45 where he chooses the file).

Did install the ADB drivers and I think they also come with the Mi PC Suite (driver signatures turned off in Windows). Is it possible I have the wrong drivers? If I boot it normally (or in fastboot mode, can't test now) it does show up as Android ADB Device in my computer's device manager, except the phone doesn't get past the Mi logo.

I'll try re-plugging the phone in Mi PC Suite, did you get any errors before you got it to work? Could a Deepflash cable help me out with this?

I thought you could just use the recovery ROM? Either way I don't even get to the point of selecting a ROM as it refuses to connect the phone.

So are you reaching the screen that shows the phone and a connected cable (5:19 n video) ?
I was able to reboot into this mode after holding (vol -) + (vol +) + (power button) for a while
I think only in this screen the phones is able to connect.

So are you reaching the screen that shows the phone and a connected cable (5:19 n video) ?
I was able to reboot into this mode after holding (vol -) + (vol +) + (power button) for a while
I think only in this screen the phones is able to connect.

Yes, I get to that screen (EDL, right?).

But then when I plug it into Mi PC Suite I get the error I posted in the images above. On the English version this doesn't happen and I do not understand Chinese, so I don't know what the error even is.

Update: I let the phone run out of battery completely, charged it a bit, went into EDL and plugged it back into the PC. Now it shows up in Device Manager as Qualcomm HS-USB Android DIAG 901D.

Anything I can do with this? Can I make it go (back) to 9008 from here and finally make this thing work?

EDL fail to get into the way. The phone looks 900E. I tried TestPoint goes. I tried depflash cable goes. The phone is locked. Can only enter into fastboot mode. Any idea's help. Thank you.

this happened to me aswell (nothing except fastboot with locked bootloader) when I 'fake' unlock my bootloader using fastboot oem device-unlock, then proceed to install twrp and another rom. Deepflashcable work for me (phone is locked), since I cant reach recovery using vol+/- power button. Making the cable is quite easy if you have a switch, its just the timely shorting that is quite problematic to do for me personally, i spent around 20 minutes trying to get it right (had to uninstall driver when it came up as 900e - i think i had to short it then press vol+/- aswell when it tried to connect/install driver to get it there).

Update: I let the phone run out of battery completely, charged it a bit, went into EDL and plugged it back into the PC. Now it shows up in Device Manager as Qualcomm HS-USB Android DIAG 901D.

Anything I can do with this? Can I make it go (back) to 9008 from here and finally make this thing work?

hey have you had any luck with this!?

I have exactly the same problem as you...i hadnt even tried to do anything to the phone, i have just been using it normally and one day i restarted the phone and since has been stuck at Mi logo...

using the chinese Mi Suite but keep getting that red exclamation mark when i connect the phone and dont know what else to do...

Try this:
1. Download the fastboot to edl files, (just googlit)
2. unzip the zip file at desktop
3. Press the volume down & power to enter into fastboot mode
4. Now press and hold the volume up & volume down buttons
5. Open the fastboot to edl folder
6. double click at edl.cmd file

Check in the device manager for one COM connection like this ---> "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" (COM**)

If you see the COM port you, can flash official fastboot rom with miflash

Last edited:
Try this:
1. Download the fastboot to edl files, (just googlit)
2. unzip the zip file at desktop
3. Press the volume down & power to enter into fastboot mode
4. Now press and hold the volume up & volume down buttons
5. Open the fastboot to edl folder
6. double click at edl.cmd file

Check in the device manager for one COM connection like this ---> "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" (COM**)

If you see the COM port you, can flash official fastboot rom with miflash

thanks for the help guys! sorry, im a proper newbie to this stuff, could you possibly link me to the fastboot to edl files, im not sure which ones i should be downloading...and also if you have a link to the the official fastboot rom...

thank you so much for the help!

Hi i have similar problem....
I have installed TWRP at my phone and i did a WIPE ALL at this moment i don't know why my phone did an auto swich off...
After that I swich on my phone and only show MI logo.
I can acceded to the FASTBOOT MODE but its impossible use the TWRP or any other bootloader.

when i connect my phone to the MIPCSuite detected only in fastboot mode.
If i connect to XiaoMiFlash in fastboot mode my phone is detected too but i cant flash any room allways appear this error
error.jpg

Please any can help me THX
RICARDO

Hi i have similar problem....
I have installed TWRP at my phone and i did a WIPE ALL at this moment i don't know why my phone did an auto swich off...
After that I swich on my phone and only show MI logo.
I can acceded to the FASTBOOT MODE but its impossible use the TWRP or any other bootloader.

when i connect my phone to the MIPCSuite detected only in fastboot mode.
If i connect to XiaoMiFlash in fastboot mode my phone is detected too but i cant flash any room allways appear this errorView attachment 30652

Please any can help me THX
RICARDO

Hi i just solve the problem....
was really easy i just need download a stock room with extension .tgz in this file was contented all files who i need for a success flash, and my old Xiaomi Redmi 5 Pro BACK TO LIFE again...

Thx for all.