Resolved [RESOLVED] Google play system update breaking system on venus

oh thank you - good catch, i will try that tomorrow! (Mi10 Ultra, cas)

just to confirm: you did UPDATE, without formatting data, right?
yes, just download the newest ROM zip file, unzip, and let the phone goes into fastboot mode, then run windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat . All my data is good, just like a normal ROM update.

Reactions: schmurgel17
Same issue as OP in Xiaomi Mix4 running the last xiaomi.eu beta ROM.
The fix did the trick.
Thks!!!!

yes, just download the newest ROM zip file, unzip, and let the phone goes into fastboot mode, then run windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat . All my data is good, just like a normal ROM update.
Just finished updating (Mi10 Ultra, cas), so far so good after 2 reboots.

I additionally had disabled "Automatic System Updates" in the developer options, not sure if that makes any difference though.

Anyway, thank you @igoejaf and Devs! - hopefully no more trouble for a while :D

Hey guys try to update to the latest rom available, even if it's the same version release
It definitely fixes this issue ❗
Yesterday you help me after the software update, It solved most of the problems that appeared to me, but now in the Facebook messenger application I can't hear the audio messages, I press play but nothing happens, anyone else having the same problem?

I have now deleted another file which is Android media I can now listen to voice messages in the messenger application, however in the gallery the videos are from 1970 and I do not have floating windows from the messenger application. Is it not possible to go back to the previous version without having to format? This is bothering me a little

thanks for the tutorials, I was also stuck with the camera and flash bug. on the other hand, does anyone have a solution to recover voices from GPS applications?

I am also experiencing the problems but I can’t do anything because my phone is unrooted and twrp does not have Redmi K60 (mondorian) support. For some reason, I am also unable to update my ROM to the latest or manually update to other versions. Pressing download just shows a pop-up 2x that says fetching download link, please wait but it doesn’t download after that.

I am also experiencing the problems but I can’t do anything because my phone is unrooted and twrp does not have Redmi K60 (mondorian) support. For some reason, I am also unable to update my ROM to the latest or manually update to other versions. Pressing download just shows a pop-up 2x that says fetching download link, please wait but it doesn’t download after that.
If you don't have TWRP, you can use the fast boot method.

Looks like if you use a stable ROM built before Sept 13 2023 then you need to switch to beta/weekly. As I understand in this thread all he ROMs built after this date should be safe. You can also try to switch off Google Play Services System updates in settings, but in my opinion that doesn't give you any guarantee GPS won't try to still install a patch anyway.
It's actually caused by the the latest ROM uploaded for RN9s

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Spent the last two days trying to find the culprit. Thinking about factory reset with all the Hussle even to buy a new phone.

And this 5 seconds trick saved my life.

Again, thank you
May you and your family always be in great health
This is what I found in mine, should I delete it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-15-11-39-30-531_com.lonelycatgames.Xplore.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-15-11-39-30-531_com.lonelycatgames.Xplore.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 61
My camera still not working. Somebody should please help me

Since it seems no one have any idea to how I can solve this problem on my RN9s. I am about to format it now, currently backing up
But then, I will be glad if anyone can help with the following;
1. The best ROM to install to avoid future occurrence of the camera issue (The current ROM I installed before the issue started was uploaded in December which is the last upload)
2. Best method to follow to decrypt my internal storage in custom recovery, as I have tried all I know but to no avail

I will appreciate your swift response as I only this night to perform this.
Thanks in advance