(resolved) Gps Signal Loss

Kriscka

Members
Mar 23, 2016
Hi everybody,

I'm here to ask you for some help about my GPS. First of all, my Mi4 is rooted (Miui 8 and RootChecker is positive).
My GPS wouldn't work properly, it used to tell me where I was but wouldn't follow me (Google Maps) and wouldn't find me at all (Runtastic for instance). and I installed FasterGPS which I configurated for France.
I mostly use to go out for a run using Runtastic, at first it locates me almost directly but after 5 mins it loses me and has a hard time locating me again, to lose me like 15 secs then... and when I open GPS Test, it tells me I'm located but still, Runtastic doesn't see me.
So I thought maybe I'd directly change the gps.conf file but I can't find it, there's no GPS folder even if it's supposed to appear in my "local" since my phone is rooted...

Do you guys have any idea that could help me track my runs properly ? Thanks in advance !

Edit : I found the gps.conf file in my smartphone, and I also found a gps.conf optimized for france from a Mi4C that I uploaded into to replace the original file and now my gps seems to work better (with the help of "GPS Connected" that locks the GPS).
So for now, everything seems to almost work just fine.