RN8. Help Can't unlock device, Request PARAMETER ERROR.

Pinayflex.tv

Members
Feb 4, 2023
Good day, everyone.

This is my first time in this forum so please have a patient and understand my English writing because I'm PINOY. English structure is not good. Apology if I post in the wrong forum, please correct if I'm wrong.

My father had this phone a quite sometimes the RN8 It's experiencing frequent lag, unresponsive touch and restarting. Thinking it got a virus from the installed apps from share it games by our niece (who use the phone to play child games) or thinking the cause of the problem is the charger cable because my phone got infected to (I'll be posting the details of it here soon).

So know I hired a remote technician to unlock and flash the phone to downgrade the system (He used CF Tools, unlock tools, some drivers, etc but it turns out unsuccessful because He said that the firmware/codename was changed from Ginko into Laurel Sprout which made the phone very hard to unlock.

So his job was ended and after the failed process, It turned out I can't open the recovery mode which the screen is just empty, but I can still go into Fastboot mode and I open cmd then command Fastboot reboot and it opened into MIUI to this device is associated with Mi account. The account is accessable in xiaomi and valid) But when i tried to login the account to unlock device , it just replied "can't verify account. Can't connect to network" even I am connected with WIFI, so I have no way unlocking the device.

So I tried another method using Mi unlock and after 99% the result is "Couldn't unlock device. REQUEST PARAMETER ERROR" already change ports, download minimal adb and fastboot.... not even working even edl.

Is it still possible for me to unlock the device ? Your Help means a lot to me, thank you.

Attachments

• 1675560133871.png
    1675560133871.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 223
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 213
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 431
Last edited by a moderator:
This has nothing to do with this forum.
If your device's hardware is Redmi Note 8 but the bootloader has been botched and it thinks that it's laurel_sprout, then you're pretty much screwed.
Mi Unlock will not let you unlock the device when the device's internal hardware info (IMEI, serial number, etc) don't match the "product" name.

This has nothing to do with this forum.
If your device's hardware is Redmi Note 8 but the bootloader has been botched and it thinks that it's laurel_sprout, then you're pretty much screwed.
Mi Unlock will not let you unlock the device when the device's internal hardware info (IMEI, serial number, etc) don't match the "product" name.

What should I do sir? Is this still repairable?