[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

I didn't edit it at all from ahgmsk's.. I don't know too much about this, just willing to try and read and learn. What are you using to make your builds?

There isn't a kitchen for the epic. I've been looking around. I've never used a kitchen, just using editors and winrar.. lol

I didn't edit it at all from ahgmsk's.. I don't know too much about this, just willing to try and read and learn. What are you using to make your builds?

So i got both keyboards to work but i killed alot more...power button didnt work so no lock, no signal, no 3g, and i couldnt unlock or turn phone off...probably something i did to the build.prop. I changed some files in framework and /usr and /etc...i have another one im going to flash now. oh and onscreen and physical keyboard work but the space doesnt on physical :S

Hey fusingblackrose, can I get the evo gb rom that u already ported? I'm looking at the kitchen but I'm on my phone so can't use it (not like I know how anyways lol) I want to try to get that to work..maybe add in the CM7 kernel...thanks

I'll post the link when I'm on my laptop.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks. And there are a couple things I want to take out but I wanted to ask u guys first..System/etc/cdma...carriers.xml. if you open it it says carrier: "Verizon"

/system/lib/htcril
/system/lib/Libril.so "edit or replace"
/system/lib/Libsecril-client "edit or replace"
/system/lib/Libsec-ril40 "edit or replace"
/system/use/keyboard.../supersonic...

Which rom are you talking about asdfghjkl?

I copied the /system/lib over from SRF, and it didn't work, now trying just to copy the ril files and see :)

EDIT: I got 1.3.5 phone/data to work. Keyboard still limited (ie, no period, etc). On screen keyboard works in browser. Power button still not working (erggg)

Which rom are you talking about asdfghjkl?

I copied the /system/lib over from SRF, and it didn't work, now trying just to copy the ril files and see :)

EDIT: I got 1.3.5 phone/data to work. Keyboard still limited (ie, no period, etc)

Nice. I just made a new build I'm going to flash in 10. Wht did u do for phone and data??

EDIT: I copied over ril and things from xda miui and cdma carriers.xml from bonsai. Nothing major but hopefully it will solve the keyboard...if not we can look into mkasicks' keyboard fix on xda..

Why don't you copy hat portion from the evo build

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I copied over the entire lib folder from SRF, but only overwrote items with ril in them :D LOL The keyboard and button layout have me confused right now. Looking for possible solutions.

I copied over the entire lib folder from SRF, but only overwrote items with ril in them :D LOL The keyboard and button layout have me confused right now. Looking for possible solutions.

Alright it flashed and its smoooth. ALOT smoother than what we had. 3g is there but not working (so confused) and keyboard still dumb but everything else is smooth. Call quality is great lol upload in a sec..

yea it always has :S lol im uploading to dropbox now so link up in a bit...whenu connect usb it takes a second for the window to popup and select "mount sd"..

i mean go into settings...system...pc sync and click mount sd...u will see on notification a charge only thing..click it and click mount usb

Downloading that now. Will compare to mine and see if I can find differences, if any. Also will check and see if my last attempt to fix the kb worked.

EDIT: Now my 3g isn't working after reflashing.. weird.

I didn't change anything.. flashed again after wiping everything x3, instead of x1 like I did for the first flash.

Yep. I found a minor issue in your updater-script. At the end, it's trying to install a kernel from a /kernel-update directory. I changed the settings and will flash it in a min to see if it works. :)