[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

haha, i napped for like 2 hours and all of this happened? awesome. well, i'm looking forward to helping out tomorrow. my days are usually pretty free so i'll be the "Flash Dummy" when nobody else can be :) (no job. only school :) ...7 page paper due tomorrow by the way...im on page 3 :/ )

I know I'm way late :p I'll post the link and tell what works/doesn't in the thread in the morning haha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Wow i just got home and i see this xD glad you got it working. When i get up il work on it and il try to get some stuff done during class and before work..il definitely give it more time during the weekend...Maybe ask ahmgsk for his GB MIUI and we can use that as a base and try to get a port working...

Ifm guess the best way to get 3g and mms working would be from the HTC evo build
Ill try to tinker once rose uploads new link.

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

@fusingblackrose
You said somewhere in this thread that Gingerbread for Epic wouldn't be possible. If that is so, then how did they port it to the Vibrant and Galaxy S when they're pretty much the same phones, especially since they're on the official ROM thing now.

I'm interested in a working MIUI, whether it be GB or Froyo. My objective is to get a Froyo working, and then go to a GB. Maybe we'll have working CM with GPS and MMS working by then as well.

I'm interested in a working MIUI, whether it be GB or Froyo. My objective is to get a Froyo working, and then go to a GB. Maybe we'll have working CM with GPS and MMS working by then as well.

If you need to get MMS working, you need to find a custom froyo build for the Epic 4G, grab a copy of the MIUI framework.jar, the custom froyo framework.jar, and move some files over. I'll look for the detailed instructions in a bit.

@fusingblackrose
You said somewhere in this thread that Gingerbread for Epic wouldn't be possible. If that is so, then how did they port it to the Vibrant and Galaxy S when they're pretty much the same phones, especially since they're on the official ROM thing now.

Noooooooooooooo lol. It's completely possible, I'm just not tackling it right now because there is no GB for the Fascinate yet. And also, the Epic doesn't have a lot of GB drivers yet, which is what we need. So, possible, just difficult.

Which Build is this? After it boots, does it work okay?

This does not work ok, it simply boots. No 3G. Wifi connects, but I still don't have a data connection, the camera works.. gps says it needs data connection. I'm trying a different build as soon as I get it on my phone.

If you need to get MMS working, you need to find a custom froyo build for the Epic 4G, grab a copy of the MIUI framework.jar, the custom froyo framework.jar, and move some files over. I'll look for the detailed instructions in a bit.

I'm taking some files from the ACS SRF and seeing if I can get this to work better than the other... trying it now.

Alright, post your results so I can see if I can take that off the list of what doesn't work.

I'm downloading the ROM now, and taking a look to see if I can help with the problems. I'm assuming 3G is the biggest issue here.

Alright, post your results so I can see if I can take that off the list of what doesn't work.

I'm downloading the ROM now, and taking a look to see if I can help with the problems. I'm assuming 3G is the biggest issue here.

Downloading now...il try SRF and Bonsai and see what can be fixed. PM'd ahmgsk and he should be sending me his GB MIUI this weekend so we will have a good base to try and port from EVO again lol

Haha alright, I have the Evo version, i'll put it on here.

@Mike_77, what did you add/remove in the new build?

Edit: in \system\usr\keychars and ...\...\keylayout, there are "supersonic-keypad" files. I don't think they are needed.

I pretty much updated the most of the directories in \system with files from SRF. Obviously I did too much :) LOL. I was hoping to get data working. I know that the ahmgsk build had data/gps/3g working, but my biggest issues were that you couldn't disconnect the call, easily... and there having to turn speakerphone on and off to hear, or for the other party to hear you.

Lol that's not so bad, usually I just import everything, then start taking stuff off that isn't needed. Data seems to be the major priority, so that should be dealt with first. I'm searching for reasons why data doesn't work right now.

Figured out why the 1.3.5 didn't work. It still was trying to connect to VZW instead of Sprint. I just have to find the file again and edit it, maybe data will work then :)

Even after editing, it still doesn't have a data connection.

EDIT: It has Airplane mode enabled, and won't let me disable it.

Can you post the build.prop?

Sure. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26970352/build.prop

It's nothing more than the one from aghmsk (xda). I just updated some the \etc, \framework, and a few other files with the ones from the 1.3.5 you uploaded last night. I actually have data working via wifi, which is better than I had last night, and the home button works. No working 3g or gps. The keyboard is functional as far as I can tell, which is also an improvement.