[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

Good 'nuff for me. I looked through the 5 or so custom ROMs I have on here and none of them had a boot.img, so it made me curious. I know practically nothing about linux, so this is all new, but interesting to me.

Mhm. One thing I DID notice on this one is that it did have a kernel_update folder. I'm not familiar with this one, could that be the problem as well?

Well that's a start I suppose, at least odin wasn't involved in this one. You can flash to stock and i'll keep working on this 1.3.5 port.

Edit: I'll now be looking into the actual system files to see if everything is in place. Sorry for the crappy advancement guys, but i'll be working on this for a while.

That's an odd one! I just checked some of the hardware, and everything seems to be ported properly. I took out the batterycharging files on there (.qmz or something) of \system\media, and replaced the files in \system\usr.

Lol you are being added to the team as well. Plus I love your username.

Lol i'll try messing around with it more tomorrow, i'm about to catch some z's one last thing before I gtb: I replaced the files in \system\lib as well.

Also, the build.prop seems to point towards verizon as the carrier?

Ported from fascinate sooo (I can't remembr but) isn't it verizon? Have u checked out the xda build.prop? Maybe edit the other one with lines from xda miui. Btw I'm sorry your doing this alone but I'm on my pphone...not much I can do :/

xda build.prop is sprint, just the last is vzw.. I'll edit, but I gotta gtb in a min too. Will work on it tomorrow though.

xda build.prop is sprint, just the last is vzw.. I'll edit, but I gotta gtb in a min too. Will work on it tomorrow though.

Cool. I'll have a look at the files when I get home (2 am FML). Any way u could make a dropbox with the zip with your changed files so I can take a look later?

I'm in! I repacked the newer sys files into the xda build and it worked! Testing functionality now.

Constant FC android.process.acore.. WIFI works, 3g doesn't.. much more to test

Keyboard hit and miss. Home button doesn't work, on screen keyboard doesn't work.. but I gotta sleep.. will work on it tomorrow

Constant FC android.process.acore.. WIFI works, 3g doesn't.. much more to test

Keyboard hit and miss. Home button doesn't work, on screen keyboard doesn't work.. but I gotta sleep.. will work on it tomorrow

Cool thanks for ur hard work guys
Sent from my SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App