[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

myraruqu.jpg

This my battery status with WIUI.. Is it normal?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Yesterday I installed the latest WIUI, it's indeed an extreme batterydrain. I'ts about the latest MiCoreKernel, I tried it with Miui and it's the same drain :(

I do not know, maybe you should think a battery calibration? I used to have extremely high battery consumption, but after a battery calibration I got more than double battery life.

@Wajk Great ROM overall, I just have one problem.

In call sound is buggy, the other side can't hear me properly. Actually they hear me with an underwater effect or with an echo of their own voice. Also, sometimes when I speak a bit faster, some words are inaudible.

I read it might be a problem with the second mic, but I checked single mic noise supression in settings.

What do you suggest to fix this problem?

Thanks for the great ROM!

Problém is solved ;-) go to your mebile operator and change your SIM card to new one.
I had 3 years old sim card and after new one is all fine...;);););)

@Wajk Great ROM overall, I just have one problem.

In call sound is buggy, the other side can't hear me properly. Actually they hear me with an underwater effect or with an echo of their own voice. Also, sometimes when I speak a bit faster, some words are inaudible.

I read it might be a problem with the second mic, but I checked single mic noise supression in settings.

What do you suggest to fix this problem?

Thanks for the great ROM!

Problém is solved ;-) go to your mebile operator and change your SIM card to new one.
I had 3 years old sim card and after new one is all fine...;);););)

Reactions: Wajk
I do not know, maybe you should think a battery calibration? I used to have extremely high battery consumption, but after a battery calibration I got more than double battery life.

try disabling the krait retention option

i can confirm that it works with greek characters (stock kernel, mi2s)
great rom so far, thank you!

Hi, did you have to change any setting, or you just sent a 160 characters message? I tried to send one all in capitals but I got only 90 characters. When I switched to all small letters, it seemed that I was able to write 160 characters, but do not know what the recipient received, I forgot to ask him.

God, so much happened. Could someone update me on the new features / bugs? It seems that my version is already outdated, lol.

Now iam pretty sure that problem is krait retention, i have disabled it and the battery drain is totally normal now

I'm curious what that is. Would you mind telling me?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

when you use the aroma installer there is an option called Krait Retention, its set on by default, i dont know what this option exactlly do, but its causing me battery drain, i came over this by testing , test and error.
if you read the description you ll find it says for better deep sleep "enabled Krait Retention for all core (better deep sleep)"
I would think, since mi2 and mi2s dont have the same micro this kind of tweaks could affect the performance and power consumption.

Reactions: Marqc
Just googled it:

"Krait retention is another power state that's specifically for Krait processors. It is in between WFI (wait for interrupt, idle) and powercollapse (deeper idle). As you go deeper into each power state, it is HARDER to wake up from it (ie, takes longer time for the CPU to be re-initialized and be ready, just like real life sleep ;) ) So Retention is like a light nap, where WFI is like just closing your eyes and PowerCollapse is a shallow sleep"

Hello,
My mobile signal keeps getting "lost" or "deactivated" quite often since around 2-3 days ago! Mainly when a switch from 2g to 3g happens!
When I turn on flight mode (which normally fixes connection issues) I can't turn it back off!

Have to restart my phone :-(
It's very frustrating, any idea how to fix this?
I got a Mi2 32gb and I'm on the newest wiui version offered to download!

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

If you don't use mi cloud, you can install Wiui without xiaomi framework as well.

Exactly ;)

Now iam pretty sure that problem is krait retention, i have disabled it and the battery drain is totally normal now

You should find best settings for you, that's why I implmented Aroma Installer to WiUi.
We and our device are not same. :)
Krait Retention working right for me and you can find some more positive feedbacks on previous pages.
Thnx for your feedback.

My mobile signal keeps getting "lost" or "deactivated" quite often since around 2-3 days ago! Mainly when a switch from 2g to 3g happens!

Try the latest radio image from here, or try any older from here.
Or try other SIM just for test.

Good,I like your rom better than official.but have a little bug:Sound\Volumes\Music,video,games,and other media. turn it no voice,but other option.hope fix.

Last edited:
Hi, did you have to change any setting, or you just sent a 160 characters message? I tried to send one all in capitals but I got only 90 characters. When I switched to all small letters, it seemed that I was able to write 160 characters, but do not know what the recipient received, I forgot to ask him.

i changed nothing, i just typed normal text with capitals and small letters and with letters with tones (έ, ά,.. etc) and recipient received all capital letters

Reactions: Voodooman
Thank u for the nice rom!

Noticed a thing, not quite a bug, but it is annoying...

The Music app has a big background noise. Much bigger than the Music app from official MIUI.

P.s.
But the Music app from official MIUI sucks anyway, because it can not even dispaly the word "Jésus" properly...

Interesting...
When I open n7player as the WIUI Music is playing, the background noise from the WIUI Music disappeared! When I cleaned n7player out by holding the home Key and sweep, the music get a bit louder and the background noise come back again directly!

=-O

Update:
It is the equalizer from n7player. It can kill the background noise, even the music is not played by n7player.

Last edited: