[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

Only the stable releases from xiaomi are not rooted,the weekly developer ones are .If you want to use the stable releases like i do just flash supersu and you have root.And install CWM regardless.It will save your butt with the backups.And every time you change a rom make a backup,so you don't loose your data.Trust me it's not a step you want to miss.

This is the only flaw I can find on MI2S, the lack of an sd card slot. Until now, I had everything I wanted to keep (SMS back ups, titanium backups, MP3s, videos etc) in the SD card, so I wouldn't care about what happens to the internal memory. Now I believe I have to be much more careful.
Speaking of which, How possible is it that I loose my Mp3s and videos from the internal storage? What can happen to the phone so I loose all those things? Does updating kernel or/and firmware affect those files?

follow instructions from post #1 and flash CWM first

This is kernel releated feature, maybe we will get back.

mxjVx4l.jpg

But i think i did it! Thanks :D

I updated to 4.2.14, but suddenly my System partition has grown smaller: only 504Mb !
What have I done and how can I simply correct this?

MI2S with WIUI / dualboot

Waijk, I've used your latest build for a while and just say it works really well. Cheers

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

Reactions: Wajk
Did someone get Viper4Android Sound MOD working? I am using latest version 2.3.2.2 and just cant get it working in third-party players. Driver is installed but i can see only MusicFX and Dolby options.

after full wipe, reinstall, and test all the kernels, this is the best i could get...
2hs of screen on..
this is useless

ulFcgHR.png

I'm on stock kernel. No CPU speed mod or voltage mod.

uploadfromtaptalk1393399253127.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1393399242114.jpg

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

You, or your device don't like WiUi.
Don't worry about it, use other ROM ;)
That's true Wajk.
How is that possible for him only when WIUI is regarded as the best combination of Battery & Performance ?
I get maximum battery life with ur ROM only. I must agree that ur ROM battery life is on par with Stock QDT14 for me.
Kudos to you bro. Also Latest kernel is being released tomorrow by this time.
If you don't see it, i will PM you the link ok ?
Take care bro. And Thanks a lot for your wonderful contribution to Xiaomi.
Without you my Mi2S would have been very boring.

the only thing i can say is the battery is just fantastic,but after foul wipe on both partitions,micore kernel plus.phone is on saving mode,nothing else changed.without wifi or 3G,i had 17 hours with 9% consumption (91% battery) with 22 minutes voice calls.location and sync is off.of course if i use wifi or 3G and FB lets say ,consumption is much more.thanks again for a fantastic rom

Did someone get Viper4Android Sound MOD working? I am using latest version 2.3.2.2 and just cant get it working in third-party players. Driver is installed but i can see only MusicFX and Dolby options.

Which player are you using? I'm using Poweramp and you won't see viper as an effect anywhere. You have to enable compatibility mode in viper options and disable dolby in system settings. Also check fx button in Poweramp If you're using it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You, or your device don't like WiUi.
Don't worry about it, use other ROM ;)

i start having this problem since last update, iam using wiui long ago. now iam trying the oficial rom, it seems better on battery. and i do like this rom, the only problem i have is the battery duration

josedb, download BetterBatteryStats and post result.

i have no wakelocks, better battery stats seems fine, the excesive power consumption start when the screen is on.

i know this could sound strange, but a tried a lot, with different settings and the same result

i have no wakelocks, better battery stats seems fine, the excesive power consumption start when the screen is on.

i know this could sound strange, but a tried a lot, with different settings and the same result
The screen is the most battery eating on EVERY device. It doesn't depend on which ROM you use..if you keep the screen on, it'll will kill your battery life..

edit: You have already wiped all, I am blind.

Have you tried cache and dalvik cache wipe? Can solve lot of problems caused by update.

The screen is the most battery eating on EVERY device. It doesn't depend on which ROM you use..if you keep the screen on, it'll will kill your battery life..

iam used to smartphones, i know that perfectly, but this phone allways gave me about 24hs with 2hs of screen time, and now it changed radically, one could easily think the battery is damage, but with the official rom its working as it should.

edit: You have already wiped all, I am blind.

Have you tried cache and dalvik cache wipe? Can solve lot of problems caused by update.

i also wipe those caches, i ll try again the wiui rom after the installation of the official one.

official update has broken the recovery, and i cannot update to wiui via the systema updater app, i have to flash CWM flash am i right?

Last edited:

Do a full wipe. Every now and then updating only found dalvik and cache wipes doesn't work for me and I get battery drains.

Now I'm with the 4.14 rom and I'm getting 5h screen time with many calls (3100 mAh battery)

My findings to the energy consumption debate:
I was amazed when I went skiing, turned phone to 2g and sync was turned off to avoid roaming cost. With GPS tracking during the whole day, mi2s ended up with 50 percent energy (2000 mA battery). Just great.
With 3g and sync always on, I get similar consumption like josedb. So this is my guess: maybe it has to do with baseband? I noticed great differences changing baseband on my previous phone (desire s). Mine is M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.128017.
Just for now, it would be a great help to be able to create a profile that changes phone from 2g to 3g and vice versa on a certain time. Miui profiles in security app just give me the options to turn 2g / 3g on or off, but not to change from one to the other. Any ideas to that?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

Reactions: llision
My findings to the energy consumption debate:
I was amazed when I went skiing, turned phone to 2g and sync was turned off to avoid roaming cost. With GPS tracking during the whole day, mi2s ended up with 50 percent energy (2000 mA battery). Just great.
With 3g and sync always on, I get similar consumption like josedb. So this is my guess: maybe it has to do with baseband? I noticed great differences changing baseband on my previous phone (desire s). Mine is M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.128017.
Just for now, it would be a great help to be able to create a profile that changes phone from 2g to 3g and vice versa on a certain time. Miui profiles in security app just give me the options to turn 2g / 3g on or off, but not to change from one to the other. Any ideas to that?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

Use Tasker maybe?